Quick Recap

Options
Soulslayer618
Soulslayer618 Member Posts: 488

Im hoping some of those more knowledgeable would help me fill in gaps with a quick summary (or not so quick if you would like to spell it out for me) on what the entity is whats going on why and maybe provide a spot of proof?

I want to know more about this game and its lore but from reading whats in game I keep confusing myself

thanks in advance :D

Comments

• nunadventures
    nunadventures Member Posts: 198
    edited March 2019
    Options

The entity is a godlike being, who takes people who show powerful emotions like hope because entity feeds off of powerful emotions so it conducts trials and the killer is supposed to supply substance to the entity which is the survivors so that’s why survivors are sacrificed.

I think the entity takes killers like they do survivors like they had strong emotions or they showed killer instincts when they killed. But sometimes the killer doesn’t want to kill so the entity tortures them so they will kill that’s why trapper has hooks in his back and why the nurse screams when she uses her power because it hurts her in order to subdue her.

My source is https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Entity

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

@nunadventures Explained it pretty well, hats off to you man.

• Soulslayer618
    Options

could I ask for the addition of some more obscure lore?

Ive seen the name in game and in the forums but who is Vigo? and apparently there were experiments on killer? whats that about?

• Soulslayer618
    edited March 2019
    Options

an additional thing I thought of that Im curious on is the origin of the currencies and the storys behind them

being bloodpoints the iridescent shards and the auric cells

@Detective_Jonathan from what Ive seen youre an expert on much of this stuff do you have any answers?

• Detective_Jonathan
    Options

Sure thing man, let me see if i can crack this one.

First off, Vigo: Vigo was a survivor that was in the realm of some time much like Benedict, he was the only one as we know of who was able to bend the rules of the fog through the use of his offerings such as "Vigos Shroud, Vigos jar of salty lips etc" Vigo is also the supposed creator of the hatch. It is speculated that Vigo is long since gone into The Void, which is a place that survivor goes when they have lost all hope.

As far as Bloodpoints and Iri shards go, i believe that they are a somewhat phantam like aura substance, think of like how Freddy absorbed souls in the last nightmare movie. When they go to sleep (Which is where they access the bloodweb) they release the bloodpoints into the web to buy the supplies and things that they need to help them out.

Auric cells are a mystery but they are biological in nature, while they are store currency to us, most of the survivors don't know what they are.

I hope i answered what i could, if you have any more questions feel free to let me know.

@Soulslayer618

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

While were here since I am a newb with lore in this game can someone tell me what happened to Benedict during the hollowed blight event or is that still kinda obscure?

• Detective_Jonathan
    Options

It is kind of Obscure as the only thing we have left from his Writing was that The Entity found him, we don't know if this means he was killed or sent to The Void.

• Soulslayer618
    Options

how would people feel if he was "captured" and turned into a new killer/survivor?

• JinX_Of_Fire
    JinX_Of_Fire Member Posts: 38
    Options

Ive been looking forward to him possibly becoming a killer for years

• Detective_Jonathan
    Options

Well, he's basically still surviving from what the devs have told us. Every survivor we have now he has met already, i think this is all leading up to when The Final Chapter releases.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

There weren't any notes about killers/survivors/realms from Benedict from Hallowed blight event tho.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

Errmmm I'm pretty sure auric cells and bloodpoints are just a gameplay element and don't exist lore wise