If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

I just realized something about Ash

Options
Detective_Jonathan
Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

He might be the first survivor to actually speak. The devs have stated that the survivors prefer to not talk simply because they want to remain focused or something along the lines of that. But Ash, he's a different story, he would most likely be aggravating the killer with insults and so on. And in the studio, he looked like he was pretty much reading off a script, i think their might be some special cut-scene for when he's released.

Comments

• Mcfred
    Mcfred Member Posts: 152
    Options

I think he says " the goal is to not be dead by daylight" implying that he'll speak

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942
    Options

@Mcfred

I believe he was saying that the goal of the survivor is to not die; hence, why he said "not be dead by daylight."

I do hope that he speaks, however. Ash has had plenty of good catch phrases throughout his films and tv shows, and it'd be great for some of them to appear in the game.

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750
    Options

As long as it's not like Friday the 13th where ''Oh my God, is that a dead body?'' kept jumpscaring me :P

• Mcfred
    Mcfred Member Posts: 152
    Options

I feel like a dipshit, I just put the pieces together

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

It's been confirmed that he speaks and he will at least say "groovy" in the lobby. Probably when you select him, I guess.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

As far as I know, my friend Jonathan, Survivors can indeed talk to eachother, but only at the campfire, during the trials they can't. Ash is the first one to have voice lines, when you switch to him in the character select or even when switching from killer to survivor he will say a line. The devs will probably add voice lines for other survivors.

Killers are the ones who choose to not speak.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780
    Options

He just randomly talks in lobby. He has a couple of voice lines.

• BeanieBoyBob
    BeanieBoyBob Member Posts: 354
    edited April 2019
    Options

@LCGaster

Actually I believe The Plague speaks as well in the pre-search lobby, as well as in her Mori with her incantations.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

@BeanieBoyBob

I don't know if the Plague speaks in the lobby. I said that killers decide whether or not they want to speak. They can speak, but most decide not to. Plague is fine with speaking, others like Clown would rather not.

Survivors are the ones that can't speak during trials, that's why there is no in-game voice chat. They can however speak while in the campfire, that's why Ash has voice lines in the lobby and character select

• wisdom
    wisdom Member Posts: 216
    Options

the theory I have for Ash being able to speak, aside from $$$, is that Ash is actually known for pissing off demons and other supernatural entities. It would stand to reason that it would piss the entity off if he can talk

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,104
    Options

Yeah, there's actually a couple of reasons the survivors are silent. First of all, they know that any noise will attract the demons of the realm, so they avoid making sound as much as possible. I believe it's also been stated that (reasoning why there's no voice chat and such) that the Entity is in control of the realm, and whatever it allows or does not allow is sort of how things are. You're there for food, and it survives off of your fear, terror, and whatever else it can gain. It likely limits the survivors' ability to speak so they have a harder time escaping and thus making it go hungry.