So Is MoM like really good?

Kim
Kim Member Posts: 76

I haven’t gotten the chance to play the new update yet, but this perk looks really strong and I kinda don’t know how to feel about it. I play a lot more killer now because I don’t wanna let my teammates down so I probs won’t test it out myself so I just want to see what people think about it.

Comments

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

It's decent but has drawbacks based on the killer you're against. If you run it, don't come to rely on it

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824

It's still brand new but I think it's going to take the spot of the old DS from the killer perspective, a small annoyance on the vast majority of survivors who run it but incredible in the hands of skilled runners. I mean it's basically a free Dead Hard and against most killers the only drawback it has (aura reading) never really even comes into play. If you can run a killer, you just got an amazing new perk. And you can even combine it with a new five second stun Dstrike.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

Dead Hard with more requirements if you're against a M1 killer, otherwise you might not even get to use it.

Killer mains have a lot to rightly complain about, but this is new toy syndrome imo.

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507

Already in progress with the bullying mate. I joined the cause. Take my hand and join the free EZ Escape train!

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Uhhh. Nice troll post. Getting one more hit isn't going to turn the tides in a match where your team is doing poorly.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I was **** blocked out of it by Plague, LF and Billy so far. When it does work it's great, though.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    edited April 2019

Some killers can make the perk somewhat useless like huntress and plague, but I’m really enjoying using it. It helped me get a hatch escape earlier. Thanks to the extra hit I was able to get two speed boosts and without the second one I would have never made it to the hatch.

It however isint as strong as it seems, as its a one time use and then after that the killer gets to see your aura while healed and far enough away.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

It's better than old DS on release.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

Skidadle Skiless

Your perk is now useless

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532

My mom is pretty rad.

• Caretaker
    Caretaker Member Posts: 764

It's pretty damn good, and it's bugged atm so a few killers don't proc it properly. It's so incredibly strong in a SWF and we're not even playing optimally. The plays we pulled off are so hilarious. You can just see killers break.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Its not worth running, flip flop has more power in its perk that Mettle of man, depending on what killer you face, you will get it to work or never

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

Mont0 sez: "my favorite perk from now"

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

MOM is like "doesnt matter if you have it". Only killer mains try to preach its OP.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Maybe we should tell everyone that MoM isn't a good perk and not worth playing? Like the Legion mains who tell everyone they should heal against Legion? 😉

In all seriousness, MoM is a very good perk.

• Hoodied

@NoShinyPony Mettle of man will only work against m1 killers, or basic attack killers, if you play hillbilly, nurse, legion, cannibal, or really almost any killer and use the ability, thats not a basic attack, and will not get a charge

Also my legion side, healing against legion will help with stealth, blood hound will put down the non heal side of you fast, stridor is the same but iron will exists so

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Nothing beats release DS. The stun was longer, it was unconditional, worked against every killer and had no drawbacks or counters. Just btw, that triggered me

MoM punishes the wrong killers. Rip Freddy, Wraith mains

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Hoodedfengm1n The Nurse-MoM thing is a bug. Hillbilly and Leatherface often can't use the chainsaw against good loopers and are forced to m1.

Healing against Legion is usually a waste of time. When you've finally healed up, Legion finds you again and you can start mending once more. Meanwhile, no gen progress.

• Hoodied

@NoShinyPony Hillbilly has some pretty good anti-looping material, while Leatherface can help against punishing sadly

Like you said, usually, which is why people run No Mither in hope of facing Legion, but the perk thanatophobia will cause some pain upon the "no heal" strat against legion

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060
    edited April 2019

What about waiting a few weeks to see how MoM is doing? Or is it satisfying to cry about things that are in the game where nobody really knows how they work out in the end?

The only thing I see which is bad on MoM is that weak(er) Killers are more affected.

Trapper-->Is a M1-Killer. He has traps, but well...

Wraith-->Should be not affected when uncloaking and doing a Surprise Attack. Is affected when chasing normally

Hillbilly-->Most likely affected because he cannot use his Chainsaw effective on Loops

Nurse-->Not affected

Hag-->Affected, even with teleports (corrected)

Huntress-->Not affected, unless you decide to go M1 with her.

Myers-->Affected, but with EW3, more Hooks for the Tokens you create or simply not activating it, when the Person is healthy and downed.

Doctor-->100% affected.

Leatherface-->See Billy

Freddy-->Affected...sigh

Pig-->Affected. Dont know if Ambush Attacks count, probably not, but well..

Clown-->I dont know if Bottle into attack would count. Dont have Clown.

Spirit-->Out of Phasewalk should not affect it.

Legion-->Does not affect unless you go M1

Plague-->Does not affect unless you go M1

I think the Killers who are hurt the most by MoM are Trapper, Freddy and Doctor, and those are probably the 3 weakest Killers. That is the only issue with this perk.

But right now I would simply say that in a few weeks, at maximum 1 Person will run MoM in a Trial.

Post edited by Aven_Fallen on
  • Drazen
    Drazen Member Posts: 400

this perk is a biggest slap on m1 killers especially my big boy freddy

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@HeHeBoii Love it... Players play with it for a few hours after release... MOST OP PERK EVER!

Sums up the community with a good troll post.

• Lanis_
    Lanis_ Member Posts: 183
    edited April 2019

It's good only in the main killer's Head.

Yesterday a lot of streamer tried to use MoM, and even though they played to activate MoM, they rarely managed to use it.

It's a perk with too many condition for being triggered.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I had a fun moment in my last match just now.

Was chasing an Ash as Wraith.

My Spirit Fury was ready to destroy the next Pallet that would stun me.

The Ash runs towards a Pallet.

I manage to barely hit him, triggering his MoM, and they drop the Pallet after doing so.

Which gets dropped on me and SF breaks it.

I also run Enduring, so i quickly hit him again.

Not only did i counter MoM successfully there using Enduring & Spirit Fury, i also didn't have to wait for the successful hit animation to play entirely, the Pallet stun was way faster.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I played for a few hours yesterday.

I think it's ok, great against M1 killers. Against a Nurse is essentially useless, because if she hits you after teleporting it won't count towards activating the perk, I don't know if it's the same with Hag and Wraith soon after reappearing. It can be very useful during the endgame but it can be easily wasted, especially if the killer is tunneling.

Oh, and while playing trapper I found out that if you are trapped and the perk is active the killer can make you waste it by hitting you. I hit an Ash and he glowed white while trapped, then I hit him again and he fell on the ground, still trapped.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

"Pig-->Affected. Dont know if Ambush Attacks count, probably not, but well.."

It does not count. I was hit by a Pig's ambush once, and it did not give a stack to Mettle of Man.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

@Aven_Fallen Hag Phantasm attacks do count. I made sure to stand on traps a couple times last night.

• Aven_Fallen

@TAG Good to know, even though the Ambush Attack of the Pig is not amazing.

@Tzeentchling9 Nice, thanks for the Info. Even though I dont understand the logic behind this, because Nurse Blinks count, but Hag Teleports not. But well, so I need to take this into account when playing Hag.

• Chicagopimp2019
    Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 458

I played a match as Spirit against three Ash survivors this morning and MoM never made an appearance. I'm assuming that hitting a survivor out of phasewalk doesnt count towards activating the perk.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    edited April 2019

Since I'm a survivor main now, I need to say:

"Of course not, it is #########, only killah mainZ who wunt eZ 4k complain aBouT iT. ######### just likE DS now, QQ"

• Aven_Fallen

@TAG

If you are in a 4 man SWF, it might be possible to distract the Killer enough (one person with a Flashlight helps a lot) that the Survivor on the ground can actually recover a bit and has a lot of Wiggle progress ready. The maximum Wiggle progress would be 47,5%, which is already a lot and can deny getting to a hook quite easy.

This can also happen in Solo games, but it is unlikely to be honest.

So overall I would say that Flip Flop might be more of a problem than MoM, especially given the fact that it potentially can help SWF a lot more than Solos.

(Of course all of it regarding the strength is speculation until the Perk is live for a good amount of time)

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

It's ok. I relate it to BT. If the killer is surprised by it, then you can really capitalize on it. If it is a ranged or one shot killer, there are negatives. Like, don't heal vs billy/Shape/LF after MoM triggers. It won't save you if you get one shot from healthy state.

It is useful, not game breaking. As Trapper, I usually try to plant half the field with traps, so by the time I'm knee deep in the chases, they are hitting traps, so MoM is not much of an impact.

Honestly, I think MoM is more an anti-tunnel perk. I'm sure it works well for that. Add BT to it and you can really counter tunneling.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

It’s okay, the BEST killers will still be able to put you down pretty quick.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Nope. It will promotes the DC's against nurse and legion.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

New toy syndrome. I like it. Describes the situation perfectly. Anyone able to properly analyze perks should realize that this perk is okay. Just okay. It is not now, nor will it ever be this overpowered beast of a perk that entirely too many killers have made it out to be. This perk has serious weaknesses, downsides, and many killers just outright counter. If you are a survivor that seems to think this perk is a free escape every game then you will be sorely disappointed.

• Caretaker

Mom is currently bugged. All M1 killers will proc it.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Well it seems like the Devs want all M1 killers to suck even more than they do.

So if you want to play the Wraith.. forget it now.

IMO, Every survivor will start to take MOM cause it will negate 2 hits each game from the killer.

I guess survivors like Hill Billy right?... We all see him allot anyways.. so get used to it... Hill Billy every match!

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

It got me the adept achievement on my first game with ash. Super effective if you can keep it for near endgame or play stealthy.

• Raizinz
    Raizinz Member Posts: 43

Extremely hard counter for M1 killers, billy and leatherface are largely unaffected by it.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Just a nerf to m1 killers that are already bad at keeping pressure. Don't know what the game counts as a "basic attack" since it doesn't work with nurse blinks (someone told me it doesn't work with spirit coming out of phase either but unsure). It is possible to force MoM to activate on any killer by bodyblocking the killer while they are carrying a survivor but I wouldn't count on it.

• Caretaker

MoM is currently bugged and not working on all basic attacks. They're fixing it.