Bans\suspension

Hi people of the fog

Is there a way to see if you are banned or suspended playing as the killer ? I havent been able to play killer in months with no idea why i thought it was the infinite loading screen bug but now im not so sure and im not sure how to check

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

If you were banned, there would be an in-game message saying just that. What's the problem, exactly?

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

Oh gosh....well i believe you would know, when others have been banned they know, they get a message....maybe check your e-mail? i think a dev needs to answer this but that is odd about that, i mean if you still can play surv then no you haven't been banned or suspended...

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

If you are banned from the game, then you cant even start the game. There are no killer or survivro banns

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649

Are you on pc? You should get a steam notification and an ugly banner on your profile for beeing banned. Also i think while starting DbD you should get the pop up. So I'm 99% you aren't banned.

You probably have some weird settings with your firewall or similar preventing it to host matches (-> play killer).

@Peanits knows more about those issues, hopefully he can help you out in detail.

• thestonedone
    thestonedone Member Posts: 19

i can play surv flawlessly with no issues at all but every killer game just loads 95% then stops and i get disconnected 10 minutes later i did get a pop up like 4 months ago but nothing since and it came and went quicker than i could read it. I get alot of people spam report me for camping tunneling etc even when i dont but i dont believe ive had any emails stating a ban ? I think its a big issue and the devs should make a site similar to xbox's enforcement site for people to check if and why they got banned and maybe a clear way to appeal it

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,489

If you are permanently banned (on PC only), you should see a notification at the top of Steam letting you know. You'll also see a game ban on your Steam profile.

If you are temporarily banned, or permanently banned on consoles, you will see a ban message when you launch the game. You will not be able to reach the main menu of the game, it will appear immediately after it loads.

• thestonedone

Ok thats awesome so i just have a bug with killer

That sucks but thank you for telling me

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141

@thestonedone, Yeah, as others have stated, if you can access the game at all, then there's no ban in place. There are only game-bans. There's no such thing as a survivor or killer ban.

As DwightLivesMatter suggested, I would check if something changed on your firewall or internet ports. Did Win 10 have an update recently? Once in a great while, it'll screw something up in settings. I had that happen once to me in regards to launching Overwatch, and had to google a settings adjustment. Did your ISP do some sort of server update or port change on their end? That sometimes happens, which can affect your ability to host a game as Killer. Again, you'll have to google a fix.

I'd look into those possibilities, or something else along those lines.

• thestonedone

Im on console specifically xbox one im not entirely sure how to ?