The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Petition: Hold Fog Whisperers to a Higher Standard

2»

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@Kilmeran

If Fog Whispers were held at a higher standard, toxicity would go down and DCs will be discouraged.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited April 2019

@Nickenzie, Yeah, in the other games I have been a community member for that sponsored Streamers: WoW, HoTS, Paladins, and Realm Royale, if those Streamers did what some of these Fog Whisperers have done, the sponsorship would have been terminated without a second thought.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

Noob3 is one of the people that pioneered the D/C Meta. By advocating D/cing against Legion.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
  • Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I agree.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited April 2019

When it comes to DCing, i don't think its because the game itself is so horrible, hell even Legion is not nearly as bad as the surv mains pretend, split up and start running early if you hear a TR, getting rushed down with frenzy is somewhat annoying but takes longer than most Killers can take you out the old fashioned way.

DC meta is only a symptom of the "What can be abused, WILL be abused". People know they get away with it. And im not gonna lie, i DC from a lobby if i see a Haddonfield or Ormond offering (Offerings should deny rather than force maps imo, i have never seen a game where that one weirdo can force everyone else to play certain maps on public matches but whatever).

And about the streamer debate, i don't wanna imply that it needs to be completely removed, but when they sponsor the program with shameless streamers that abuse systems whenever they realize they get away with in public then i'd say the goose is not only cooked, its #########.

Post edited by ChesterTheMolester on
  • SmokePotion

bumping this to keep it in the dev's faces.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited April 2019

@SmokePotion It was in their faces in Fall 2018 when the program was first announced, and those in question were in the initial wave that was invited by Behavior to pilot it. We brought it up here. Some of them made their first forum posts to swoop in and start a forum war.

And seven months later, the program is in full swing and those Streamers are still a core part of it.

Those particular Streamers were purposefully de-ranking, encouraging attacks against opposing players, and all the same crap even before they were invited into the initial program. And they were still invited by Behavior. Behavior was made aware. Nothing happened then, and it won't happen now.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

DBD community should vote on who becomes Fog Whisperers.

• SmokePotion

@HawkAyeTheNoo

Not a bad idea, honestly. But do the other language communities frequent the official forums enough to get quorum? I know we have some korean fog whisperers and such. And they should be represented.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    edited May 2019

I don't like this idea at all... imagine all those DUUUUD's voting for that idiot to be a fog whisperer if he met the criteria. Would just be a popularity contest with possibly crap content creators. (not all the fog whisperers have the highest view counts or subs).

• benzos
    benzos Member Posts: 178

you know who would be fog whisperers? people a LOT more toxic than who we have now.

• OakLestat
    OakLestat Member Posts: 125

I really like some of the Fog whisperers and a few of them will have my support for the significant foreseeable future.. But I would agree that there are some things like DCing that they should not be spreading around the community. I only know of one that I really feel is bad for the community currently.

• Mrs_Fairfield
    Mrs_Fairfield Member Posts: 125

Is Swag Dracula a fog whisperer? He's the only streamer I watch that plays DBD. I like how he's always in a good mood and donates to the humane society.

• OakLestat
    OakLestat Member Posts: 125

Oh, and PLEASE do not let the community vote on Fog Whisperers. We all know that is a horrible idea.

• SmokePotion

Valid points. If we went by popular vote, we wouldn't have a handful of my fave's.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    edited May 2019

52 upvotes but still no recognition from BHVR 🤔

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

Just waiting for a dev to step in here and say the fog whisperers are doing just fine while the entire player base just Facepalms.

• Kaalaxi
    Kaalaxi Member Posts: 177

As the age old saying goes, don't be a player hater. Hold BHVR accountable for their ######### judgement and loose business practices. Nothing against the BHVR workers, but god sometimes I really question the leadership decisions.

• SmokePotion

@PolarBear

In their defense, this post was started before that existed.

Here let me @not_Queen and @Peanits

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

Fog Whisperers have a code of ethics to follow and BHVR, as a business, sets down the rules and enforces them. If we have an issue with a content creator, they get warned and we follow a system of strikes. If the content creator wants to share the strikes or consequences they faced with their community, it's their choice to do it or not.

The goal of the FW program is not to have content creators work for us, they are not BHVR employees.

The program is all about DBD supporting content creators and their communities with in-game goodies and visibility.

They are treated the same way we would treat any player.

We did permanently revoked access to the game to some content creators in the past, with reason. Some were very vocal about it, some weren't.

Lots of cases never made it to the public because, as we treat other players, we do not discuss their bans in public.

With all of that said, this thread was locked by one of our mods because it has been repeatedly used to name specific people and shame them, something we would not tolerate for anyone. I'm not sure why a message was not posted when the thread was originally locked, but I figured I'd clear things up.

This discussion has been closed.