-worse shrine of secrets

-worse graphics

Don't need to change your mind

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

the only real negative here is worse graphics which is debatable

• ItzSoulz
    ItzSoulz Member Posts: 368

i agree with you. the game is going downhill.

The Rounds consits only of:

- Camper

- Tunnler

-DCs

• Sinner
    Sinner Member Posts: 334
    edited April 2019

Game went downhill when Leatherface was added with BBQ, that's what triggered the looping and gen rushing in all survivors and all the crap that followed was because of this one disaster perk.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Pretty sure those were all issues even before BBQ. And I can't see any correlation between the two either. Sounds like you just haven't made much attempt to counter it.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Ekhm DC epidemy ekhm Crashes EKHM Infinite loading screen

• Sinner

You didn't read what I said. I said ALL survivors.

Let me give you a short history lesson since I am probably one of the few that have been here since the beginning.

Before BBQ, there was this category of survivors called toxic. They looped the killer whole match and abused infinites, actual infinites. Obviously everyone hated them, normal survivors and killers alike, since no one was having fun. Killer was not having fun for sure, survivors were not interacting with the killer and there is no fun in that.

A lot of normal survivors, myself included, used to body block these individuals to help the killer catch them, so we can have a normal game.

After BBQ, at rank 1, all Billies and Nurses went apeshit with that perk. It was impossible to escape. There was no counter besides going in range, but teammates were not using it. So pretty much all matches were a disaster for survivors. The only matches when survivors managed to escape was when one of those toxic survivors that I mentioned above entered the lobby.

So it suddenly became obvious that the only way to adapt is to do what they were doing. I started looping, tru3talent started looping, everyone started looping and gen rushing. Also rank 1 dictates the playstyle so It spread like wildfire at all ranks.

If you check steam forums around 1 month after LF release, you will see there are loads of threads about looping, that were there before, sure, but not in such a large amount.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Sinner Maybe more survivors started looping because they realized that the chase is what's most fun about DbD? There might be some players who feel hiding is more fun but I don't think it's the majority.

• ClogWench

Sounds to me like it just gave people something to blame their playstyle on. Legion came out and the complaints about genrush tripled. Spirit came out and people started crying about NOED more than usual. Complaints come in waves on forums, that's just how it is. BBQ wasn't a cause, it was an excuse. And even in its prime it was never THAT good. Solid but far from the best perk. If not for the BP bonus it'd probably be middle tier at best.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@ClogWench Pretty much so. If it weren't for the bonus BP, I wouldn't use BBQ. Too many survs are hiding their auras nowadays.

• Sinner
    edited April 2019

I think everyone realizes the chase is the most fun in DBD as soon as they start playing. I doubt there is any other aspect of the game that is fun besides the chase. Maybe in swf when you work together to bully the killer but that is a different story, I am talking about my experience as a solo survivor here.

@ClogWench

BBQ changed the game dramatically, it was a cause for sure. Survivors weren't countering it at all. I was going in range all the time but not my teammates, all games were #########, like they are now with the disconnects.

Survivors and killers will always adapt to dramatic changes, no matter if it's orthodox or not and it is important to foresee how they will adapt.

You mentioned Legion, survivors adapted by not healing+adrenaline. Same with BBQ, it changed the gameplay so much. Suddenly a killer that can teleport in a few seconds on the other side of the map was instantly in a chase after hooking. That was huge. Of course everyone started looping, what else you could do. On Billy the aura wasn't even gone by the time he got to the survivor.

edit: It's ok for killer mains to aknowledge what I am saying if you played back than and know I am right. Don't worry no one will nerf BBQ now, it already has enough counters, it's no longer a problem, but the damage has been done.

• ClogWench

If survivors weren't countering BBQ that's a fault of the players, not the perk. BBQ meant stealth was harder cause the killer had a general idea where you were, sure. Do you know how boring it is to play killer when you never see the survivor? BBQ only fixed problems, any new problems that emerged were solely because of survivors refusing to accept the counters it had and aren't reflective of the perks abilities whatsoever

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148

Bbq is trash unless you can reach your prey in one second(omega blink, hillbilly) then bbq turns into the best killers perk. You can combo it with agitation and you will see at least a single survivor is everything you need to apply pressure to stop gens progression.

• Sinner

Yeah, unfortunately you need a team to survive so even if 1-2 counter it, like I did and the other 2 didn't the match would still end up in a disaster. This happened constantly. I don't think those of us that countered should suffer because teammates didn't want to adapt. And let's be honest, the counter wasn't that good, sometimes you didn't have time to get in range. Should've been lockers from the start.

You are right about survivors refusing to accept the counters, but I think the devs should've done something about it, since they found looping and gen rushing as the true counter.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

I disagree :)

Plague is probably one of the best original chapters the devs have ever done.

It's all been great since 2.0.0

1.9 was a garbage fire the worst patch for balance in DbD's history.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited April 2019

What you're talking about doesn't have anything to do with changes to the game but the skill of the average player. Infinites were dumb yes, but the reason players didn't need to loop back then was because killers weren't that good. Over time, killers became better so the only way to reliably beat them was through looping. Outside of infinites, this is a problem of skill and not a problem of game mechanics. Like, how did BBQ affect looping in the slightest? Sure it helps killers find someone faster but beyond that, once found what would be the difference when it comes to getting chased by the killer? Nothing.

Killers got better at catching survivors, so survivors had to get better at running from the killer. This is why stuff like double pallets and pallet vacuum weren't a problem early on. It wasn't until players got to a certain skill threshold where the faults in this design started to show. So they removed double pallets, reduced pallet count overall, and removed the vacuum. Now we are in a spot waiting for the NEXT threshold, however I feel like we are to a point where the next threshold might not exist. I could easily be wrong, but the game has been out long enough now that we can all see how the core dynamics of the system play out.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

Absolutely not.

Looping was made possible with Patch 1.1.1 in August 2016, more than a year before Leatherface was added. It started to take on the epidemic dimensions it has now at around 1.3 and 1.4. in December 2016/January 2017.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I just checked the patch notes on the wiki. What exactly about this patch made looping possible where it wasn't before? Because to me it looks like it was still possible before.

Like I said in my previous post, the increase in looping has more to do with skill of the average player and less to do with mechanical changes to the game. If looping was possible before but killers weren't so good that you needed to loop, most people wouldn't loop. As killer got better, looping became more and more necessary to extend a chase, so now more people loop more often.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Looping was possible since release. I've been palletlooping since 1.0, because i refused to use infinites. It was as strong as today, but with twice the pallets. Most survivors still prefered infinites over pallets in 2016, but palletlooping has always been around, even though it had no name until september/october. It was just called juking

Story time weeeh

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

The Legion DLC is when I recall all the bugs and glitches infesting the game. There's been significant issues ever since.

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403

Dont know at with point that patch is but i found the game going downhill once clown was released