The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

So when is this optimization supposed to go through on consoles....

Just quit a game in The Red Forest where the frame rates got so bad, that as The Spirit couldn't actually hit a survivor running in a straight line. I gave up on playing Doctor because of the mess he makes the game on both killer and survivor end of things.

You have mentioned that you worked on optimization in The Plague patch, but I'm not seeing it. Frame rates still drop to unacceptable levels constantly.

Comments

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

It happens sometimes, but its not as bad as it used to be.

Framerate is decent now,but they still need to improve a lot tbh

• ShaneQ
    ShaneQ Member Posts: 134

I honestly don't think they improved performance at all, game looks slighter better over engine upgrade that's it.

The optimisation patch was supposed to come in December then they just casually shrugged it off on their stream saying its an ongoing process.

Maybe when dedicated servers launch but I reckon all we are getting is servers nothing else.

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606

Optimization is an ongoing process from chapter 10 onwards, PS4 is starting to run games at 45-50FPS on a majority of games already from my experience.

• ShaneQ

@BoxingRouge,

How do you know how many frames your getting?

I honestly don't think this game runs 45 fps on console, RDR2 runs at 30 frames on PS4, lots of other AAA games with infinitely bigger budgets run at 30 fps on console

• BoxingRouge

I own the game on PC too and It runs at 40FPS and it looks similar to what I play with on PS4.

• ShaneQ

@BoxingRouge

Not being smart but 30 fps would look a lot similar to 40

• BoxingRouge
  • ShaneQ

@BoxingRouge

You could be right tho, I just haven't noticed anything,

I'd be happy with a consistant 30 fps, tbh, certain maps give worse frames than others

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312

Have you tried restarting your PS4? Honestly I can play killer now because of the update. However, I have PS4 Pro.

• Leadpaintchips
    Leadpaintchips Member Posts: 8

I've restarted several times since the patch dropped, and no joy.

I'm running on a regular PS4, and there are some maps/killers that just tank the fps. I don't have a way of accurately stating the fps, I just compare it to other, older games and it matches what I've seen from them. Like I said, I can't play/play against Doctor because it starts to resemble a slideshow, and trying to play on a farm or red forest map is an exercise in frustration on both ends.

• Leadpaintchips
    Leadpaintchips Member Posts: 8

I haven't seen the improvement myself. Add on top of that, it seems like most people are playing on wifi (the variance in ping in just the lobby is crazy) and it's a ball of unfun. I like this game, but having slideshows that the survivors are jumping all over in (either as the survivor or trying to hit them) is just a bad experience.