The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Want to know something....

Alza
Alza Member Posts: 2
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

4k depip does exist.......

Played fair

Almost all gens done on the worst map in the game(Haddonfield) and 1 was *proximately hooked* to setting traps around Myers basement.

Got three with traps and the last one tried to grab the hooked survivor.

Seriously devs, no wonder it is so soooo hard to pip as killer now.

Comments

• Incirion
    Incirion Member Posts: 612

Hard to pip as killer now? Not really. Hard as ######### to pip as survivor now, because you have to do 2 gens by yourself, be chased by the killer for 5 minutes, unhook and heal 3 people, and survive, just to pip at higher ranks.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

They're not saying it's hard, they're saying this aspect is unfair.

• PunL
    PunL Member Posts: 136
    edited April 2019

@Alza i totally feel you...

had a similar thing some days ago...

Played Trapper, had a fair game with a lot of chases, some trap-grabs and killing all of them and at the end ended up without a pip...

Its even worse seeing you ending up killing all and getting a downpip

But with the current ranking system there are killers which rank easier than others.

• PeepingPeacock
    PeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354

Start game, find someone right away, hit them and they run into a wall and waste their speed, hit em again and hook them in front of shack. Someone immediatly goes for unhook and starts looping me around the shack next to the hooked person like a dummy. Down them and see someone else going for the unhook, down them. Last guy only gets the courage to go for the unhook after I downed the guy I was chasing, see him going for it and cut him off, down him too.

Hook everyone and get a fat depip. One gen done.

Awesome, I think everyone in that game depiped, what a stupid system.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

If you kill the too quickly you get punished...nice...

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Killer needs to 3hook every survivor, win several short chases, protect all five gens for at least the first 9mins of the game, hit as much as possible with their m1 attack. Killer gets punished for playing to aggressively and finishing the game fast. The current system requires both sides to stupid things to pip. It also really punishes having a play style that focuses on only a couple aspects of the game. Killers feel the sting just as much as survivors.

• burntFuse
    burntFuse Member Posts: 290

Don't pull survivors out of traps if you want to safety pip. You have to stand there and wait for them to wiggle out, then whack 'em when the music starts. Hope they don't have Dead Hard.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Just ignore the ranking sistem altogether and have fun.

What is that "played fair" thing? We real killers do not care about survivors made up rules about fair play. If you got your hands and face soaked in the blood of 3 or 4 of the now lifeless survivors in any way you saw fit, that is fair enough for me.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    edited April 2019

@Incirion i call bs, just had a game, where i was chased only once and didnt get hit. Entire trial was huge hide and seek, i did almost 2 full gens, did 0 saves, stuns, ect. Even gate was opened by someone else and i still had one emblem more than needed to pip. And no, killer was actually pretty good.

Just like @RoKrueger said, stop caring about ranks and play for fun. Its video game, remember?

If you don't rank up who cares? You get to face easier opponent.

I like current rank because only people who did really good in even matches rank up. And staying at same ranks is super easy,.

• Incirion

There are still rank 1 killers. There aren't any rank 1 survivors as far as I'm aware.

• Incirion

I personally couldn't care less about ranks. But this thread is ABOUT RANKS. So I'm giving my opinion on the pipping system. It's STILL much easier to rank up as killer than survivor.

• JAWS_BDSM
    JAWS_BDSM Member Posts: 328

this is bad in game-design aspect, but makes sense in lore.

like, Entity doesn`t want you just to kill them all. It wants you to take away their hopes, which are the strongest when they are on the verge of escaping, so.....