We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

TydeTime talks current state of the game

2»

Comments

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

I remember people saying scratch mirror myers was the strongest killer in the game. They are wrong now but there's no harm in speculating about the game.

If I say legion is the strongest killer because he has no counters. Who cares? And if you don't why sit around and complain? (P.s. legion is trash)

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Why doesn't someone @ him and discuss all of this with himself? I don't see why not as we're all here for a discussion

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

You know that hag is not about placing traps around hooks?

She's about trapping areas you run through when you're getting chased or common routes, that are too far from windows/pallets. Chokepoints, Shack, main buildings, ways to palletloops, etc

Thats where she gets the toptier value. Kinda like Billys, who discover that the chainsaw is better for killing survivors rather than just mobility. Thats where the real value lies

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403

Survivor pipping is fine as it is you actuelly have to do more stuff...

but as killer yes its to hard but Im not amazing at killer

• GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460

That's the second main reason I stopped watching TydeTyme

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

@PiiFree It wasn't just that. He would argue with anyone who disagreed with him and treated them like he was right and there was no way around it. Which is just plain ignorant.

• AshleyWB

I would say the one being ignorant is the one not allowing their idea be challenged and factually tested.

Tyde is a smart guy he knows the ins and outs of dbd. If you don't want your ideas to be challenged then don't present them to others if you're gonna complain whenever someone disagrees.

So hypocritical. I hate tyde because i hate how he hates stuff like I do. Like why does anyones opinion matter. You play for yourself, it's not a collective decision which sets your loadout. Just zip it and play instead if bitching at every opportunity.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

I find it difficult to take TydeTime seriously. I remember watching his video on the SAW chapter, and all he did was complain because the characters weren't what he wanted. It was such a pointless rant.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    edited April 2019

The Ranking system in its current state (2.6) would be fine if the seasonal ranking changes weren't monthly, but a longer time period.

Other than that, Tyde should maybe pick up a new game.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824

I remember when he went HAM for that DbD clone Identity V or whatever and would argue that it wasn’t a DbD clone because DbD is also a clone.

He had to be getting paid for that nonsense.

• AshleyWB

This thread should have been closed an hour or two after the hateful, toxic and nonsensical comments started flowing in.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

Us Hag mains should start a Hag Workshop apparently because the misinformation here when it comes to any killer who isn't Nurse is absurd ffs

• AshleyWB

You think having a bunch of people targeting a streamer with comments like "he's a dweeb, bad killer main, attention seeking, refuses to discuss opinions", and then vote up and awesome insults about his appearance.

Not only does it break the rules for it to refer directly to a streamer it also creates a space for hatred for Tyde to breathe and grow. Like the safe space for Tyde bashing.

Those of you with actual fair criticism lose your validity because of the many who think they can toss any insult they can. It's not funny it's pathetic and shameful.

I understand this thread was fine to begin with but it just drew a crowd of sad little idiots who think they can be hateful to streamers.

And the fact the devs didn't close this after some if the insults makes me wonder whether there is a selective special treatment for certain content creators but totally disregarding the few who you don't have many ties with them. Even though Tyde was closely involved in running the dbd tournament a while ago.

I do hope I'm wrong but who knows.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

I see the lynch mob is out in full force today.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

I won't debate you since it's obvious what you're doing.

Calling people in this threat "sad little idiots" makes you exactly like them.

If you want to use them as an excuse to discredit valid criticisms that's fine, it only makes you look foolish.

But anyway, back to the original topic...

Regardless of who says it, big changes need to happen, but in the meantime we're all kind of stuck with the choice to play through the agony or play something else.

Neither of those choices are good for the game.

• AshleyWB

I'm calling those who think the forums is a platform for hate "sad little idiots". I'm sick and tired of people saying 'oh This streamer I hate because [insert chinese whisper here]' .

It happens all the time and the same people go from thread to thread waiting for an opportunity to ######### and moan about someone.

This thread didn't mention any improvements to the game, it turned into a streamer bashing thread and you know it.

I said before that any valid fair criticism is lost in the debris of hate and cheap jabs at a certain streamer.

It's obvious what I'm doing you say? I'm telling you how sick and tired I am of this happening and nothing being done every single time. The ones who hate on streamers are the ones making the playerbase such a disgrace.

If I see another post bashing another streamer I will do the same until it stops because its dumb.

• AshleyWB

@SpaceCoconut nothing against you in particular, or those of you with genuine and fair opinions on Tyde. Its just those who chirp in with intention to insult, harm and create a negative image unfairly.

An for reference I watch Tyde occasionally have done so for a couple if years. I also watch many other streamers, who I watch doesn't matter. It doesn't justify some of the comments being made.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

myers is extremely overrated and the reason he puts him in A tier is because thats the killer he plays best so like anyone he wants his favorite to be seen as one of the best. he also tended to place the killers in tiers based of how well he plays them like were he put huntress and hag.

as for this video he really just stated the obvious and if you thought about how the emblem system worked you could figure out all these things faster than if you watched the video. still a good video if your new, haven't played in a while, or are totally oblivious to how the pip system works.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

MoM is better but i also think flip flop is underrated, i have had so many games in the past were that perk would have saved my life and using it now has also gotten me a few escapes. right now im really enjoying using unbreakable, tenacity, flip flop, and dead hard while bringing a med kit.

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536

He literally says in that video that he's only using it until he gets the wiggle off achievement and then he is done with it forever.

Keep grinding that axe though, don't let a pesky thing like reality get in your way.

• RoMainPuppy
    RoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507

I used to think he wasn't so bad, a little ranty sometimes and who tended to get way overworked about the littlest things. And then I saw his vid in response to HybridPanda's facecamping experiment.

That and some of his rantier vids just turned me off watching him so hard.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

@ProfoundEnding

Let's be honest, we're all ignorants here but yes, some people simply complain and rant too much, I totally agree.

I just think it's funny that people judge his credibility based on a tier list he presented a few months ago where he put Hag on D tier.

A Killer tier list is always based on a personal experience, it can be very different from player to player - unless you just copy & paste popular lists and pretend that you know what you're talking about.

That's what makes it interesting after all. Tyde puts Hag at tier D? Interesting, I wanna know the reasoning behind that instead of instantly calling him out as a noob for doing so. I don't have to agree with him, I can just listen to his opinion without letting it affect me too much.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

He brought up some good points.

And I agree with him about the game not being in a good state right now.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

Why would I waste 18 minutes watching a video about something that has been said here multiple times? The fact that he streams his thoughts and usually his rambling, doesn’t make him any more knowledgeable than people in the forums. Stop creating idols.