What do you think of the Clown so far?

The Clown has quickly become my favourite killer to play as. I think he's pretty powerful, being good in a chase, and I love his concept and aesthetic. The only change I'd make to him is to make the intoxication effect stronger if it is the result of a direct bottle hit. Currently there is no incentive to aim for a direct hit unless you're using an ultra-rare addon, and that feels like an oversight, especially since the game gives you extra points for the hit. If this were changed I think he'd be tied with Huntress for third place.

Comments

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 326

I wish they had done the thing the changed with the doctor. A direct hit prevents vaults or pallet drops.

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

@Mercury said:
    I wish they had done the thing the changed with the doctor. A direct hit prevents vaults or pallet drops.

That would be very nice too. I feel he needs something for this. It's the highest skill element to the Clown, complete with a scoring event, yet he gets absolutely nothing for it without an ultra-rare addon. It's bizarre.

• declan88
    declan88 Member Posts: 14

Huntress is not the 3rd best killer. Myers is.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

He's really good.
    I'd give him a way to have slightly more map pressure tho if I could.
    His current power for chases is definitely fine and really strong.

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 326

@SaltyKiller said:
    His design is absolutely fantastic.

His gameplay is kind of meh. On the one hand he doesn't need Add-ons, especially Ultra Rare's, to stand a chance at high level. On the other hand he's still mid-tier at best so he's still going to get his ######### pushed in by Survivors who know what they're doing.

I like the idea that Tru3Ta1ent has where if you hit them directly with the bottle that it does something extra like slow them down more or blurs their vision more or prevents them from performing actions. It would reward players with good aim and it would shut down the whole "Wait at the pallet, git hit by the gas, and continue looping." Otherwise he can mitigate looping but still can't really stop it. So he's basically the Doctor but without tracking abilities.

I feel like the extra blur would not be a nice experience to the player, it might cause sickness. Like I mentioned before, I'd be down to give him the ability to stop actions with a direct hit.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

@SaltyKiller said:

@Runiver said:
    He's really good.

I dunno. I think it would be more interesting if you got rewarded for hitting them directly with the bottle.

I'm pretty sure I saw a dev mentionning that a direct bottle hit made the survivor vision more blurry, I don't remenber if it was on stream, somewhere in the forum or on discord doe

• The_Manlet

@Dragonredking said:

@SaltyKiller said:

@Runiver said:
    He's really good.

I dunno. I think it would be more interesting if you got rewarded for hitting them directly with the bottle.

I'm pretty sure I saw a dev mentionning that a direct bottle hit made the survivor vision more blurry, I don't remenber if it was on stream, somewhere in the forum or on discord doe

Even if that's true, the blur isn't a big deal past rank 20. The power exists for the slowdown.

• livingofdead
    livingofdead Member Posts: 7

We can't say everything about a crown, why is it, please play in PS4.
    A company is because it has not been sold yet.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Have only ran into 2 of them since the update actually launched, played as him and against plenty of them during the PTB though

• The_Manlet

@Swiftblade131 said:
    Have only ran into 2 of them since the update actually launched, played as him and against plenty of them during the PTB though

Yes, I haven't seen a single one yet. Granted I was sick the first week and have only had a few dozen survivor matches. I can think of a lot of reasons for the lack of Clowns.

1: First paid DLC killer you can get for free if you wait and save your shards
    2: Known to be crap in the PTB, many are probably unaware of how he was buffed, but heard that he was crap for weeks
    3: People who are drawn to his playstyle may be inclined to stick with Huntress or Doctor, who are both similar to the Clown in some ways
    4: He's not a top tier killer, and unlike the last three killers is not licensed so there's no hype to get them to buy him regardless
    5: Some people don't want to be a fat slob
    I don't think I've ever seen a killer this unplayed post-release. Even the Hag had lots of people playing for the first month.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273

As a PS4 player...