The licensed killer we need.

DarkWo1f997
DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

This IP has been inactive/dead for six long years, and the noises these things make are terrifying. They ARE terrifying. I really think they’d draw a lot of new players in. (I’m talking about the big one with a drill)

(obviously we’d need a bouncer or the alpha model seen in the gif below wielding only a drill, not the Rosie in the video with a rivet gun. And the one in the video is one of the smaller ones.)

For those of you that don’t understand why they were terrifying, They’re behemoths that emit sounds I can only describe as “bloodcurdling.” They’re huge, they shake the ground when they move, and they are very easily enraged. Video below for those of you who are curious) It could really add to the atmosphere of Dead by Daylight to hear them. And I know it would be a killer just as loved as Myers. Who wouldn’t want to play as a big daddy?

If you’re still curious, watch the first 35 seconds of this video linked below to get an idea of just how creepy the big daddies really are. They don’t mess around.

https://youtu.be/h2ReNXEcZqM

Comments

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

It reminds me of the sounds when doing the questline in Warframe underwater.

• DarkWo1f997
    edited April 2019

Kinda does lol. You’re talking about those weird whale things in the background that make a similar sound. Probably a reference to bioshock.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797
    edited April 2019

As much as I love Bioshock 2 (Bioshock infinite was garbage change my mind) the Big Daddies aren't really horror themed enough.

There are better licenses to acquire before this one

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

I too love bioshock but big daddies are way too chill, they usually only fight you if you get near their little sister or you attack first, right?

• DarkWo1f997

We don’t talk about infinite. That game was so terrible I couldn’t finish it.

• DarkWo1f997
    edited April 2019

Depends on the difficulty. The AI is quite confrontational on the harder options. The alpha series were the scary ones. They went crazy and attack everything on sight no matter what it is. And the alpha series is the one from the gif. Thought that’s the protagonist from the second game, he’s still alpha series.

• DarkWo1f997

As you can see here, alpha series has zero chill. I don’t know about you, but I’d be a lot more terrified if that was sprinting towards me than a billy.

• Kiskashi

@DarkWo1f997 True, been literal years since I played, I wasn't considering alphas but again a sprint based killer didn't go down so well the first time. What would it's ability be?

• powerbats

I never played the rest but liked Infinite only for the Easter Egg stuff and the mind screwing it gave you. I also didn't bother buying the remastered bait job they sold.

• DarkWo1f997
    edited April 2019

I was thinking he could use his drill to cause gens to regress faster, and instantly break pallets. I was also thinking maybe he could activate a portable bloodlust tier 3 while the power is active to move faster and lunge farther.

So it’s basically a rage power that damages gens more effectively and breaks pallets as well as improves movement speed while active. When the power diminishes, movement speed is slowed by 12% for five seconds. So you cant just spam it. The power duration should only last about five to seven seconds maybe.

• Kiskashi

@powerbats Did you just say you never played the originals? Infinite was pretty cringy, (@DarkWo1f997 I almost didn't finish it but kept going) but towards the end it got really good, ending was overrated to be honest...But 1/2 were amazing, made infinite feel like a totally different series (too bright 😂) didn't bother with the remasters either, getting a little sick of companies remastering games that aren't even that old...

• powerbats

Yeah sadly never got them, and Infinite I'd gotten on sale and once you got halfway through it was definitely interesting. I did love the Easter egg stuff and trying to find everything made it interesting to say the least.

The combos with all the Vigors i still haven't been able to get, I always mess up on 1 of them somewhere. Also the remasters was crappy and buggy asf from what all the people that bought it said.

• Kiskashi

@powerbats Yeah I wouldn't know about the remakes, I played the originals on ps3 years ago, still have them too, but I've replayed so many times I can't replay anymore hence I didn't get the remakes 😂 I think the reason infinite got so many people who didn't like it was because how different it was, it felt like a spinoff rather than a true 3rd game. I preferred the whole adam harvest/eve hypo and upgrading powers that way in the old games and the darker way you could see your power equipped on your hand (bloody ice shards sticking out of my hand was my fav compared to weird bird hand in infinite). I loved the darkness of it, the trickles of water, the mad raving of adam obsessed enemies, the shadows darting across the walls, the sudden big sister out of nowhere to destroy you, rapture was a true disintegration of a "perfect" society. Infinite felt more like a rinse/repeat shooter in comparison. I would definitely recommend trying them if you can.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Child's Play would be just crazy awesome. They'd have to rework the hooks by "chaining" or something...

It could be done for sure.

• powerbats
    edited April 2019

Tiny Tina as a Killer and she throws sticks of dynamite at you.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797

this is why we need a shame corner for posts like these

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

bioshock 2? wow its interesting but most ppl wanted famous killers like ghostface and alot ppl say that it will come and theres proof but if it is then its a good chapter but youre idea could work the only thing its the perks and the gameplay

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

Honestly, if we were to get anything from Bioshock 1 or 2 (I played Infinite but it was only good for a single playthrough), I would like a Houdini or Spider Splicer.

Alpha Series are cool and can really scare the piss off you, but generally they aren't really for horror in a traditional sense.

In terms of scare factors, a Houdini could have some sort of quick invisibility ability with fire abilities, or a Spider who can climb walls and ceilings with a ranged attack.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

Big daddys have inbuild red stain!

The problem i see with them is the ability part.

Drill charge could be similiar to hillbilly but hitting all survivors in its path (left4dead charger, anyone?) only stopping after hitting a wall or after a few meters. Though I guess the devs would find a way to make it useless or "balance it" wrong.

Rivet gun.... I doubt we would be getting any ranged "GUN" because it'd be unfair.

Alpha series or subject delta might fit the "allowed shapes" of killers more than bouncers tho.

• Kiskashi

@Shad03 Yes, now that's a cool bioshock killer idea, houdini might be a little bit wraith like though wouldn't it? Spider splicer would be cool though, just based on the fact I've wanted a killer that can climb walls for a while now, despite how disorienting it may be for POV

• Remisee
    Remisee Member Posts: 133

A bioshock Killer? *laughing hard*

Dead by Daylight have licensed Killers like Myers and Leatherface. Now compare these with this bioshock machine there. So the next would be than the Alien from Alien isolation or what?

Dead by Daylight should have true horror Charracters. Not any "fantasy killer" ######### out there.

So the next would be than the Teddy bears from FNAF or what? *laughs hard*

Simply no.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269

Hrmmm her I'd go for the big daddies only because they would be a decent way to change the game up I mean think about it they have the potential for most gore ridden mori via a troll in the back and cutting there guts up and out there chest while if your on about attacking then just use a drill swipe while power is a charge attack that impails them and allows you to carry two people to a hook but your still able to wiggle off

• Jarsix
    Jarsix Member Posts: 12

Honestly I'd sooner go for the Bouncer's Ground slam attack. AoE Slow/stumble effect, kind of a close range Clown Bottle but with a stronger effect.

• DarkWo1f997

Putting “laughs hard” into your argument s the cringiest thing I have ever had the displeasure of reading. I broke a few ribs.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

How about... the killer from Power Drill Massacre?