End Game lore

Options
Chaotic_Riddle
Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

With the new introduction of the End Game collapse footage, it appears as if the Entity is finally getting fed up...The question is, what would've caused something like this? Survivors having too much hope, maybe even being too cocky to the point where the Entity finally got fed up? It seems odd that this is NOW happening (lore-wise, game-play wise is because of reasons) and it doesn't really seem like a coincidence. What're some thoughts or theories though about this..? We know the Entity can grow in power and change things overtime, but this is really major!

Comments

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Options

@Detective_Jonathan Always nice to see you answering lore questions, Johnathan! <3

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

It's the only thing that got me into this game , and i love figuring out stuff revolving The Entity and how she works, after all, Detectives do the same thing to serial killers after all ;)

and just a slight correction it's Jonathan lol. @Chaotic_Riddle

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Options

@Detective_Jonathan Oh, whoops, guess I wasn't paying attention. O o f.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

@Chaotic_Riddle It's alright, it's just a name.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942
    Options

okay..

Well, it's likely that the survivors were destroying the killers' hope; therefore, the Entity has decided to punish them for that. That's my only guess.

• SurgDexil
    SurgDexil Member Posts: 157
    Options
  • Saint_Ukraine
    Options

@SurgDexil I believe the phrase is, "hit the nail right on the head"

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

@Detective_Jonathan God damn, I did not think about that before, thats for that Jonathan

• Peliam
    Peliam Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2019
    Options

To expand on Jonathan's theory:

What if the "highly ranked" survivors give more power to the Entity when sacrificed than the "low ranked" ones? Of course, it's based off of hope, so generally the more experienced survivors know what they're doing, therefore they have the most amount of hope, and hence they are valueable to the Entity. That also explains tunneling and camping completely: the more hope (toxicity/overconfidence) survivor has, the more you want to kill him. The Entity tells you to hunt that one because it knows how unique that person is and how much power it can gain from him/her. Those killers who act nicely and have sympathy for these kind of survivors leave the Entity disappointed and betrayed. It all makes sense now, doesn't it?

• lordkaz
    lordkaz Member Posts: 14
    Options

My theory about the End Game Collapse:

The survivors exist at the campfire. The campfire is a small space within the Entity's Realm where the survivors are confined while not within a trial. All that surrounds the campfire is an endless forest with nothing to be uncovered within, no matter how far you trek. When it's time for a selection of survivors to enter a trial, they are 'teleported' to one of the maps, which will act as the trial grounds.

Each map originates from the tainted memories of a specific killer's mind, a far-away reconstruction of previously well-known places. We can go inside Michael Myers' house, but it is not fully fleshed out. The longer beings remain within the Entity's Realm, the further away their minds venture from our own world. Michael remembers his childhood home how anyone would in adulthood; he knows the general layout, and perhaps the most important and memorable features. He cannot recall where doors and windows were specifically, nor individual items of furniture or wall hangings - the latter of which are replaced by crude paintings, which you can see for yourself. (Explains random generation of maps.)

Whenever one trial is occurring, an indeterminable amount of others are too, simultaneously. That's what the game is, after all. A nexus of thousands of matches existing all at once. While the Entity is fully capable of producing all of these small worlds, it cannot sustain them eternally. Its main bases - the campfire and wherever the killers lurk - are always functional. If not, how would it recieve new subjects? However, while hope does feed its power, the more trials it needs to maintain (as in, the more people playing the game), the more hope it needs. It will not waste its energy on a trial that is no longer profitable. Once the conditions are met for the trial to end - as far as the Entity understands - it begins to break down that tiny plane of existence. The world itself begins to collapse inwards. Great molten orange tears split the ground in all directions as the Entity starts to destroy its own world to start another. If the trial within refuses to conclude for longer than the Entity's patience, it will use its last burst of energy to consume the lurkers, and will credit its servant for occupying those worms for so long. (Explains why the End Game Collapse exists and the meaning of the visual effects.)

Extras:

Survivors that become cocky do not need 'hope'. All they have is pride. The Entity would prefer to purge them. (End Game Collapse prevents survivors holding the game hostage.)

Even once the Black Lock is sealed, the remaining survivor is given a faint glimmer of hope - one final chance of salvation. The Entity will squeeze out whatever it can get. And, in the end, that is another broken soul from which it can feed. (Once the Killer has closed the hatch, the last survivor can attempt to open an Exit Gate to escape. Although, it is rather unlikely they will succeed.)

Killers have a strong connection with the Entity. They can use their bloodwebs to improve their bond with it and render themselves unstoppable. Survivors are given playthings and small skills that make them feel a little more hopeful, but afford a negligible advantage from the killer's perspective. Killers know to not waste their Master's time, or suffer punishment. They will sacrifice their own enjoyment for it, always. (Killers can open an Exit Gate to force the End Game Collapse to begin.)

That's my (a lot more than) 2 cents!

• Saint_Ukraine
    Options

@Rattman Well that's ridiculous. That would mean Cote would also have to be Nea.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    edited May 2019
    Options

@Detective_Jonathan and @lordkaz

You both have outdone yourselves in the best way possible with your theories. I have prepared a party with everything you both need to enjoy yourselves! Would either of you like Escape Cakes (real) or Survivor Pudding (With varying amount of salt)?

• lordkaz
    Options

I'll take the cake for sure; whether or not I eat the survivor pudding will depend upon which parts of them are in it ;)

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,154
    Options

I'm with kaz on this. Cake and pudding depending on what's in it.

• lordkaz
    Options

Yeah, I don't want a random fingernail crunch in my pudding, you know? We should get Bubba to cook us all some.

• legion_main
    legion_main Member Posts: 483
    Options

The entity didn't like survivors bullying the killer so now The entity is bullying the survivors