The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Any tips to stop rushing?

Arroz
Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

Title, oh and btw i use trapper

Comments

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Pro tip: you can't.

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406

If they have toolboxes I'd recommend Franklin's. Don't put traps at gens either, put them at loops nearby gens as this catches more people off guard.

Sometimes if you camp they will focus on unhooking which keeps them off, especially if it is SWF. Otherwise bring BBQ and keep patrolling.

You can also try and push them off 3 gens close to eachother so the last gen is a pain to do. That will make your life easier later on.

• Jaarthan
    Jaarthan Member Posts: 47

Your best bet is ruin. Unfortunately as trapper you're probably going to spend at least a generator worth of time trapping important loop spots. But please don't resort to camping or tunneling one survivor until they die, that isn't fun for anybody. Trying to keep the 3 closest gens from being done is very strong, but ultimately you are limited by a low tier killer if the team is exceptional.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    edited April 2019

You can use some perks to make it not as bad but you can't really entirely stop it, especially as trapper, sorry dude.

• Arroz

Thank you all for the tips!

• Arroz

@Plu @Jaarthan @Bithard

Well, I think im gonna learn billy or spirit, trapper is a really fun killer to play but it's not viable..

@Jaarthan I would never camp or tunnel someone, that's bs

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Yeah, that's the issue of the entire game, if you aren't billy or some other top tier killer you have usually a rougher time, especially since the release of MoM wich makes it even more painful (10/10 perk design)

• Arroz

I agree, and tbh i dont faced too much mom while playing killer, but that perk is hell for M1 killers, and i think it get bored to only play the same top tier killer (billy and nurse) and obviously it get anooying to face them every game.. Devs should fix that!

I think it would be more balanced if every time you goes down the perk reset

That mean if you already have 2 hits and go down your perk reset.

That would be more balance

• letuce
    letuce Member Posts: 89

If you want to be like everyone else and just do what's meta, then go follow guides, and only play what people consider top tier.

I'd suggest you play whatever you find fun and enjoyable. With trapper, your best bet to get a perk for that purpose, ie: hex ruin, the plagues perk, etc.

And as far as tunneling goes, don't listen to the others. You're a killer, you kill. Hooking everyone evenly on purpose is how you lose. Survivors don't have any issue tunneling gens.

• Arroz

You changed my mind! Like.. Wow!

I will stay playing trapper and pig they are my fav killer and idc what people say.

But I would like ruin be on shrine this week.. So my gameplay experience would be better

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

The best tip is to play Killers with the best presence.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    edited April 2019

I refuse to use Ruin, and I win most the time as Hag, but Spirit gets crushed sometimes and wins effortlessly sometimes. As Trapper, just trap around 3 gens and control those.

• Drazen
    Drazen Member Posts: 400

Ruin is must on all low tier killers otherwise u would spend time of 3-4 gens just by setting traps

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I’ve realized that Spirit can do good on ANY map. I tend to have the best luck on Shelter Woods (an obvious one), The Game, and both Red Forest maps. The worst luck easily goes to either Spirit’s own map or any Coldwind map. Despite that, Spirit is never helpless on any map like Myers is on Coldwind maps or Billy on the hospital maps.

I have nights where I play amazing and nights where I play boosted as hell. I usually can consistently get at least 3-4 kills but sometimes I just play so bad and the players mow through generators.

Also, I HATE immersed players, I’d rather deal with four flashlights than four immersed Nea’s refusing to do anything but use Urban Evasion.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    edited April 2019
    • Use Ruin. Sometimes it’ll last thirty seconds and sometimes it’ll last the entire round.
    • Don’t camp, they’ll just rush the gens
    • Don’t tunnel somebody for an excessive amount of time because you aren’t pressuring the gens.
    • Sometimes you gotta use high tier killers to stand a chance against SWF. Spirit and Nurse will do MUCH better than Trapper and Leatherface.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

The rush can't be stopped... But you can punish them for it and stop them at the gates.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,200

I'm still pretty uneven with Spirit myself. I'll have two games where survivors only get 1 gen done and then have 3 escape the next. I think part of the inconsistency comes from how much you have to gamble with her. Do I break the pallet at the jungle gym or try to phase and down them? Are they going to vault the window or not? Etc.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    edited April 2019

Use Hex Ruin and Thanatophobia

Thanatophobia is excellent for Trapper because you can injure them by trapping only

NOED is also counter for Gen Rush

Brutal Strength and combine with Over Charge and/or Pop Goes The Weasel also help too but only if you have time to kick gen

• letuce
    letuce Member Posts: 89

Yeah! I play freddy, pig, and clown. And i have fun with them.

I don't play too much trapper, but what I find works is to place traps on top of stairs and unusual places, and try to heard people thowards them. Another thing that works with him, is to protect 3 generators that are close together, that way it's easy to patrol when survivors only need one more.

Hope it helps, trapper is better at slowing the game later, when only a few gens are left.

PS: get BBQ on shrine if you can

• Arroz

I already have bbq, my build is bbq, brutal strenght, overcharge, discordance.. I think i will change discordance for noed

• Arroz

Hope and ruin or thanatophobia be in the shrine! I dont want to level nurse because it's a killer i will not play that much

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

Dying Light. But it sucks that you have to tunnel the obsession down and get rid of them as soon as you can to benefit from the perk.

• Arroz

And btw if someone have decisive rip your dying light

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Let them rush and make them pay for their insolence with our trusty NOED.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

It only sucks if you can't sacrifice it quickly.

Oh! You mean it sucks for the survivor.... I don't get it, why should we care?

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Play survivor and do anything but gens. Killer requires quick downs and anti gen perks along with solid juggling to slow progress against good survivors.

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Nea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316

Hey man,

There are perks to help you but in all honesty that is the Trappers weakness. I think if you set 2 traps and start hunting the gen that's good. Slugging can help if you find two survivors. The idea is that you see two and down the first guy then chase the second. This takes the others off the objective to save. I find Knock out good for the Trapper.

Rushing is an issue and without good gen pressure you will have issues. At the end of the day the more you play him the better you will get. I have played trappers that set the right traps and I ran into all of them because he herds me into them. Trap the shack and the infinates and then go for it.

Goodluck,

• DraxColdheart
    DraxColdheart Member Posts: 24

want to stop rushing? don't use trapper