Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Rank reset... Why?

Lets be real here... Why do we even have rank reset? This isn't a competitive game. This isn't a game with seasons and rewards based on rank.

The ranking system is solely for the sake of maintaining balanced games, so new people don't get put with P3 BBQ nurses

So... Why do we have rank reset? It deranks people at higher ranks more than it does lower ranks... It literally bunches everyone up near the starting ranks. What's the point? There's no reward for ranking, so, I guess the only point is to make everyone have unfun hellish matches against people who are way better than them? Solo survivors going against godly nurses and killers going against SWF groups who loop for a minute at every pallet and teabag and flashlight blind every chance they get.

It's pointless. It serves only to ######### up the matchmaking for a few days while everything sorts out and goes back to somewhat normal-ish... That's it... That's the only thing

Can anyone else see any else provide an opinion from another perspective? Or does everyone generally agree with this?

Comments

• Jaarthan
    Jaarthan Member Posts: 47

I think reset is a fine concept. But I do think it would be better if it was once every 2-3 months or something longer than 1 month

• BillyIII
    BillyIII Member Posts: 365

The grind must go on, that's why.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

well it would be rough to level up new characters or killers if there was no reset. you'd be out there at rank 1 with a killer you've barely played, 1 perk at tier 1, trying to make it happen vs a strike team whose sole focus is survival.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

That is a pretty fair point... But then why not have seperate killer/survivor ranks? I know my Spirit play is WAY under my Legion play. (And before y'all scream and cry for me being a filthy Legion main, I legit only use the Friendship Bracelet and Mischief List as my add-ons and I can't moonwalk for #########. I'm a basic ######### Legion and I think I do as well as I can with a low-tier killer who has the worst luck with matchmaking XD)

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

To help new survivors with potential reach certain rank thresholds they wouldn’t really be able to with potato teammates, thus increasing the amount of players in red/purple/green ranks.