Will you hate Legion less after the Nerf?

Zefier
Zefier Member Posts: 23

So, new player here who does like Legion for their aesthetic, but understands the hatred of the killer. (Which is why I am playing the others until the patch comes in, no sense in trying to master something thatll be drastically different, assuming the survivors dont DC the moment they see Legion.)

But my real question, let's assume the worst case scenario for legion. The nerf is so bad he takes Freddie's place as the worst killer, F tier is renamed to L tier.

Will you still hate them to the point of DCing and ridiculing the person playing Legion? Or will you give them a fair shake? I understand their M2 is still annoying and the nerf really doesnt address the whole, 'Ignoring pallets and windows' thing.

So, just a theoretical question to get peoples opinions, for clarity I dont think people are wrong in hating legion, I enjoy the aesthetic of the killer. And I understand people that love the killer too.

Just kinda wanted a census. Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    edited April 2019

I hate the players instead of the Legion. They're not a problem. And I feel disappointed about the devs.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Hate? I think I couldn't say hate anymore cuz he's a fair killer in a 1v1 after the rework.

• keenko
    keenko Member Posts: 62

Nah, not really. Kinda feel bad for him tho.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

Didn't hate them before and i won't hate them after.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

By design legion is flawed, I think this is why he got so much hate. Personally I think he needs a rework.

In theory he sounds fun, spread out attacks with quick on your toes game play since he can vault pallets and windows but in actuality he was very unfun to play against.

The core problem with legion was the idea of spreading out frenzy hits, This would have never worked since no matter what survivors will learn to spread out against legion and stop it from happening. Putting him on a timer to hit people also made chasing other targets instead of focusing on the one who's injured not that viable unless they were close by.

Even now with the changes coming, He's just become a quick first hit killer who will have to chase people down to get the second hit, Not what he was originally designed to do. I don't think there will be reason to hate on him anymore, he'll be akin to the likes of wraith.

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

Never hated him as a Killer, never hated him as a Survivor.

The only thing I hated was players who cheesed the chase by looking backwards, as I never did that myself and felt it was a unsportsmen-like move, but it's whatever now. :P

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

The players were the issue, not the killer

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Like my fellow gangsters are saying, never had a problem with the killer itself, just the people who abused the exploits.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

i dont know why ppl think that survivor were complaining about the change on legion hes toxic and same time cancer yes directly thats why hes unfun to play and etc when it comes then he will be fine ppl just cry that all the time survivors are complaining that killers are op @TRGraybles dude the 90% of the players killers and survivors want this change on legion in fact why you said about survivor are powerful? lol? i play killer aka (clown main) i get 4k and im rank 1 the think its that killers its ez and you arent 1 of those that cannot mindgame this game for killer they need to mindgame survivor as a solo survivor that sometimes play very difficult if its swf then no but since killer cry about survivor needs a nerf you ppl dont realise that youre killing solo survivor so that they go and play SWF and soon enough everyone will play swf

• BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272
    edited April 2019

I don't think I would hate Legion after the nerf because I played a bit differently. I spread damage across the map with out the frenzy spam when when possible, I would M1 the survivor and even mind game them (moon walking shack so they vault).

This "nerf" just helps my play style more whenever I play Legion.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

oh of course. no more cheesed chases. mending is still gonna suck but at least I can get chased, not followed from a distance until I fall

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,906

If the changes come off as good as they sound on paper then yes. Legion will finally be tolerable to face.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Once again. We wanted a changes but not a massive nerfs.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited April 2019

Legion design was a failure.

What else do you call something after multiple players exploit mechanics to their benefit, that was originally meant to hinder them?

These changes get rid of those exploits. I would weep for all those poor Legion mains but I despise ######### designs even more.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

I love Legion, but I gotta say he was built wiyh so many exploits that it would be impossible to buff/nerf him in the curret state.

Hopefully the """rework""" gets him to a more balancable state so buffa can properly come in... Because he will need it.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Always the player issue but the "rework" might change up some after PTB.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

Won't know till I play versus it... but I will still hate how they sound. The female stun sounds make me want to stab my ears.