New Legion is top tier

Options
rNine_
rNine_ Member Posts: 42

BHVR please don't give in to the crying on reddit, and these very forums about the new Legion changes. These actually deal with the problems that made Legion a chore to deal with, and improve his play style beyond belief.

Only changes I'd make is M1 not draining power build, maybe a small reduction on the black out effect from the stun, and pallets shouldn't absolutely drain the entirety of FF. Other than those few changes I think the new Legion is spot on.

Actually did a pretty good job so far.

Comments

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

@PhantomMask20763

Hehehe~😈

I lied~😈

I am not broke, I'm just lazy af~ 😈

• rNine_
    Options

The new Legion is amazing unless you play him like the current live version of legion. If you spammed FF hits, and tunneled one survivor then you're going to have a bad time. If you actually play Legion how it's intended you are going to slay. I've been getting consistent 4Ks on PTB all day, and the changes feel absolutely amazing. The map pressure is very real my friends....

Not remotely baiting.

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
    Options

So is it any good? can you give more details?

• rNine_
    edited April 2019
    Options

EDIT - Accidental double post

Post edited by rNine_ on
  • Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

Dang, people to quick to judge. Just wish they kept Pig's ability to kill survivors during End Game Collapse. So, let's eat (Not Pineapple) Pizza!

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

I just played as him and it's very smooth and the flow is easy to use since that's how i played him when he 1st came out. What I just used was Stolen SketchBook and Cold Dirt and the bonuses are disgustingly good.

I tried out some of what i saw across different streams where people were generally doing well. Surveillance is really good, BBQ for the points and the occasional aura reading, Spirit Fury (totally unexpected on him), Sloppy.

With the changes there's a whole bunch of new ways to play him/her and some interesting new perk combos judging by what I've seen so far from watching both sides play.

• rNine_
    Options

Another who has actually seen the light. It's absolutely refreshing, and I'll be really disappointed if BHVR caves to any of the actually tear shedding.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

Our microwave died yesterday =( we can't make popcorn or burritos.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    edited April 2019
    Options

I like most of the changes and agree with your list of changes you'd like, though I'd add to that that the pallet vaults are too slow (and laggy? I think) and having to wait for a full bar for FF could be changed (half seems fair to me).

• fluffybunny
    Options

@TreemanXD I hope you have popcorn for me. :I

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    edited April 2019
    Options

*Hits invisible Lol button"

*The nurse float away..*

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

@fluffybunny *gives a bowl of donut flavored popcorn*

• rNine_
    Options

@fluffybunny The pallet timing does feel weird now, but I'm not sure if it's a bad change or if the animation just needs a bit of tweaking now that it's slower. I'd be alright with them keeping it if they adjust the animation, but I certainly wouldn't mind them bringing back the old speed.

@Mellow7 Instead of just crying foul, and accusing me of trolling why don't you actually constructively comment on my points and tell me why I'm wrong? As it is, it looks like you are a troll more-so than myself friend.

• fluffybunny
    Options

@Mellow7 I don't think they're trolling. They gave their own perspective and even gave some feedback for change. When I played Legion, it felt really nice and smooth, too. Of course there are things I hope to be addressed before it goes live, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate what I see as some positive changes (movement speed, increased FF time).

• Brawler
    Brawler Member Posts: 331
    Options

Devs: *Increase Legion's movement speed, implementing numerous nerfs and useless changes in the same time*

Desperate Legion Mains: OH my god they are top tier right now!!!

• rNine_
    Options

Undervaluing faster walk speed, and longer power duration. Obviously it's not Nurse/Billy tier, but they are high to mid tier now which is better than they are on live.

• rNine_
    edited April 2019
    Options

Once again instead of constructively commenting on my points, and explaining why I'm wrong, you just insert "le epic maymay". Big yikes friend.

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673
    edited April 2019
    Options

Well done sir, this is the GOLDEN BAIT that i was looking for, i'll buy it!

• rNine_
    edited April 2019
    Options

All these epic this is a troll post comments are really adding to the discussion well done! I guess I expected a bit too much from this forum thinking there'd be an actual discussion instead of just "ThIS iS a TROll PoST!" pepega responses.

• Bug_Reporter
    Options

You came to the forums with a ILLOGICAL post, what did you expect?

Anyways i dont even know why im replying a BAIT poster.

• powerbats
    Options

Would you imagine that a post that doesn't conform to your echo chamber beliefs is considered illogical. So far pretty much every game I've watched played from both sides perspective the Legion is doing extremely well.

• Bug_Reporter
    Options

Thats what survivors want you to think, its part of a greater plan, some day you will understand...At least i hope so...

• Alther_Primus
    Alther_Primus Member Posts: 158
    Options

Honestly I'd say that if they can fix the speed of Feral Frenzy (both movement and vaults), they'll be both a mid-tier killer and a fun one.

In their current state they're lower-mid and feel super clunky IMO, not what I'm looking for when I'm playing a killer who's whole gimmick is Fast-paced High-octane gameplay...

• GenSim12345
    GenSim12345 Member Posts: 182
    Options

Really? I only seen post saying Legion is hit or miss depending on who you ask. I am in the miss categorie, partially because frenzys vault speed is slow but can be tweaked. But mostly because i feel much slower with frenzy active.

• fluffybunny
    Options

@Alther_Primus They're low middle right now imo and would be set with a few fixes. The FF vaults need to be increase (even just a bit), a pallet stun and M1 swing shouldn't reduce your FF, along with some other things. I wouldn't say he's low tier, though. He's feeling pretty good and I'm hopeful he'll get some adjustments before he goes live.

• Alther_Primus
    Alther_Primus Member Posts: 158
    Options

@fluffybunny That's what I said, they're lower-mid tier, they just feel clunky which isn't the most fun feeling. IMO if they revert the speed changes (slowing down the Frenzy movespeed and Frenzy vaults), and remove losing your power to a stun or M1 while your power's not even active, and they'd be a firm mid-tier.

I wouldn't mind if they tweaked the stun a bit as well, if I want to be blind for half the match I can always just go play Nurse instead.

• fluffybunny
    Options

@Alther_Primus Oh, sorry. I thought you were saying Legion was high low tier. I think the normal frenzy is fine with the increased duration, though a little faster certainly wouldn't hurt I think. The vaults are really clunky, though. I agree.

LOL, right? I don't like playing nurse. ;w;

• rNine_
    Options

The power draining from hits, and pallet stuns definitely needs adjusted, or to go completely. The stun black out also could use a bit of a reduction if not completely removed. I don't really see why it needs to exist at all when the normal stun is usually enough to disorient most middle tier skilled players. I wasn't having a problem on the PTB keeping track of people, but I can see it being an issue for less experienced players.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923
    Options

TOP TIER sorry but no and no. Legion get pallet stunned get his gauge depleted , hitting survivor with m1 get 50% gauge depleted , his recharge time to replenish it fully take 20sec + do not forget that their powers can only be used with full gauge.

only that push him as m1 killer and in low tier almost worst than freddy even if i think freddy is better. at least freddy power regress gen just saying.

• rNine_
    Options

Top tier might have been a little bit far, but he's certainly mid to high-mid. He's no where near Freddy, and if you think they are on the same level or is below than you are out of your mind friend.

• GenSim12345
    GenSim12345 Member Posts: 182
    Options

Personally I think he might be more towards low tier. If he was mid tier, i think he just be either low end of mid tier. Or smack down in the middle. Maybe higher within mid-tier if the speed changes were reverted.

• powerbats
    Options

Spirits had this to deal with for quite some time, you get pallet stunned you lose your power bar. So either you run spirit Fury to eat that up or you play smarter and bait the slam or use Frenzy smarter beforehand.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923
    Options

play against pro you'll see by yourself it's easy to say legion is great against potatoes. however frenzy duration , being more skill based , add-ons rework are great. stun duration , pallet and m1 penalty is not , full gauge to use a non-lethal power (except frank mix tape) is a non sense.

Look at the spirit she got the same gauge but a far superior power (lethal too). as for fatigue nurse have faster fatigue recovering. it take 1,25s to 4s to recover depending on how many blink you have and if you have pocket watch equipped. Legion take 4 sec by DEFAUT to recover on a NON-lethal power.

Think about it.

• Lemming
    Lemming Member Posts: 103
    Options

New Legion is as bad as I thought it would be.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

I like what the devs trying to do with Legion but top tier is a bit of a stretch. I still think he's #########, just not cancerous #########.

Legion could do with some buffs and I agree with some of your suggestions. He actually feels like a hit and run killer now.

• rNine_
    Options

I'm playing in red ranks. It's not that bad, and just a few things need to be tweaked, and I think we'll be in an overall decent spot.