The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killer mains are you going to buy next licensed killers

Judith
Judith Member Posts: 819

It might seem like a silly question at first. I own all of them but I am afraid they won't be good enough even if at first they seem nice. I don't want to buy the killer only for him/her to be nerfed into oblivion later.

Of all 4 I only play Myers since the rest of them are so weak compared to others.

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

If the Perks are good.

• Judith

Good point. I got LF for bbq only. Shrine is not reliable for getting good perks unless you can wait forever. It is weird tho that we buy characters for their perks, it is not right.

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

I will only buy them if they are a character I have an interest in, I couldn't care less about their power, perks, or the risk getting nerfed later. I just want to play as that character, simple as that.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

I just buy fun ones, honestly. I'm buying Legion once they're reworked because they look like a ton of fun right now.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

Probably if they are fun to play.

I don't play this game much anymore but I had a lot of fun with plague.

• Boss

"Shrine is not reliable"

My thoughts exactly.

Sometimes it's the other way around though.

I bought Nightmare and i never liked any of his Perks.

But i love how he plays.

• Judith

Legion is ton of dead lol. I don't pay for killers I can buy with shards. I didn't liked Legion before the nerf also, it is hard to get any kills with them. I prefer Myers or Spirit.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

If I'm interested in the character or they add some good perks/a fun power.

• Vlieger
    Vlieger Member Posts: 326

Yes if it's fun to play on the PTB and doesn't get nerfed crazily before going to live.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

I don't know yet, if it's an interesting one sure.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

They're weak, but not boring. I don't play strong but boring killers, hence why I stopped maining Nurse and Billy. Spirit, Hag and Wraith are fun for me. Legion looks fun too, it's just my opinion though.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

I guess boring just depends on personal opinions @Poweas .

I do find Ptb legion to be boring with how sluggish ff is, I miss the fast paced gameplay of live legion, well, time to play before it get patched out.

• Kim
    Kim Member Posts: 76

If they’re fun to play i’ll totally be buying them.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

If the Legion update will be good than yes.

• ApeOfMazor
    ApeOfMazor Member Posts: 471

More than likely yes ill buy them unless its something horrible.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

yes.

but that would not be because i think the killer is super cool or something, but because i want to have all characters and also support BHVR, as they have put lots of work (and money) into the creation of each chapter.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

It honestly depends on the killer. If it is Ghostface as many are predicting, I probably wont unless my wife really wants it.

• Boss
    edited April 2019

@Judith Btw, i'd TOTALLY buy The Tank from Left 4 Dead if they ever decide to add that.

I just wanna hear that classic Tank scream.

I bet he'd be able to destroy Pallets with his main attack. (And be balanced around that, of course.)

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

After the past two chapters, Evil Crap, and the last PTBs, I am a bit more reluctant to spend money on them. So, most likely I wont. Unless they start releasing some quality chapters.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Yes. Even if new killer is underwhelming, with weak perks, not great design, etc... unless it's complete garbage, I kinda want to support the creators. There's a lot of work done and is being done to improve the game, and I sure as hell am not going to buy pointless stuff (cosmetics). I'm willing to pay for real content though. Hell, if there was a modest price for patches with bug fixes, I'd pay for that too. Would make more sense than getting some silly virtual outfit for a virtual character in a virtual universe.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

If I like how they play and can do the job at higher ranks then absolutely.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

Im a competitive player, I like to win but I dont really care if I lose on a fair match. The only fair match you can have in this game is Billy Vs 4 so... I wont buy the next killer unless is Billy Tier.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

Yes. I buy every dlc without question pretty much.

I play this game a lot so every new piece of content feels like a breath of fresh air.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@Ihatelife How much you wanna bet that the Legion update will be exactly as it was in ptb?

The only change will be pallet stuns out of frenzy won't remove the power bar. Calling it now.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

100% they will be the same as in the PTB, cause devs don' care about our feedback :)

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839

As a huge horror fan any licensed killer is exciting.

Ghostface is a mystery in what his power will be. I just hope it involves phones and calling survivors. I’m going to have to get play him on the PTB before I buy.

Pinhead would be a day-one purchase from me.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,143

Most likely i will buy them

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

If the killer is cool, not gonna buy someone I found ridiculous or poor concept. Ghostface for example. Even with the best perks I would just wait till they are on shrine.

• Judith

What is the last killer you got then? :D

I find only spirit to be good enough when it comes to more recent ones and you can get her with shards.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

YES!!!!!!

What is it going to be again?

Buy first, ask questions later!

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

I will immediately buy Ghostface Chapter, I just hope it’s real Ghostface and not the tv one.

Tbh the only way I wouldn’t buy a killer is if I knew immediately that it was a killer I would struggle with ie. Aim intensive because my disability struggles with that. If either Nurse or Huntress were not free, I would not have bought them.

• DraxColdheart
    DraxColdheart Member Posts: 24

Not unless its a good killer or good perks, but i highly doubt it.

• Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296

For me it will depend how they will balance the game if they do it well i will support them if not i wont. Same goes for Ash if they rework or nerf MoM the proper way i will buy Ash before they wont get money from me.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Not a killer main but, I’ll buy the new killer.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

yup Myers should be nerfed with the damn infinite down add-on OP

only noobs play Myers

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
  • Judith

I know you are joking but I never use add ons that slow down stalking. It makes Myers useless. Unless you play the game or lerrys with scratch mirror. That is fun.

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568

no. i didnt buy the plague either .... nor new survivor. the imbalance of this game is ridiculous and gets more ridiculous all the time while killers are gutted and nerfed into the ground. i cant support such a ridiculous theme when the killer should be the power role instead its just ring around the rosie and killers glorified circus clowns. il pass lol

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

C-A-N-D-Y-M-A-N PLEASE DEVS IM WAITING FOR HIM (AND FOR HELEN)!!!!!!!

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

depends on what they do, and what perks i get, and what game fixes they implement.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797

yes , because it's a licensed chapter and because each chapter had at least 1 great perk + 1 niche perk for killers to mess with-

STBFL(Michael)

BBQ , Knockout, Franklins (Leatherface)

MYC, Surveillance (Amanda)

Remember Me+BW (Freddy)

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

Whether I buy any new content will depend on if I believe it would be worth it. Simple as that. If the killer looks fun to play then I'll buy it.