If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Is Vigo the hooded figure from the hallowed blight?

Options
Huntedfailure
Huntedfailure Member Posts: 181

I've always had it in my mind that the hooded figure seen in the hallowed blight cut scenes was Vigo but i'm unsure

Comments

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

No, I believe it was confirmed to be Benedict Baker, hence why we get no more quotes from him for either survivors or killers.

• Huntedfailure
    Options

We know Benedict baker died considering the journal entry's but the hooded character in the cut scenes survives the Blight so i figured it'd be vigo

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953
    Options

@Shad03 Benedict wrote the journal entries, but he wasn't the figure in the animations. Presumably, the figure was Vigo, but then again, anything is possible. Benedict wrote that he chained the figure who attacked him in a 'basement', while the animation is sort of outdoors, which kind of shows it wasn't Benedict in the animation.

• Shad03
    Options

@Chaotic_Riddle I'm not personally subscribed to that whole 'Baker was the figure' but it makes a lot of sense.

Since the cutscenes coincide with the writing. It wouldn't make sense for Baker to write the events that occured to someone else. Also the person who attacked him was the Trapper (It makes a lot of sense despite the fact it doesn't)

@Huntedfailure Death is not a escape. The Entity came for him, but Baker did not die during the event of the Hallowed Blight. It is my running theory that he is being converted into a killer.

• Huntedfailure
    Options

While it is true that death isn't the end in the entity's realm the way it was presented made it seem like a conclusive end to baker and as far as we know the entity can will someone to stay dead. or he could have sent him to that void mentioned on stream which were survivor and killers who no longer feed the entity go.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

@Shad03 You make way too many assumptions.

Let me list some facts about the Lore:

1) Benedict is still alive and a Survivor

2) Benedict read Vigo's Journal (which is depicted to us with the short clips), which he found in Vigo's laboratory.

3) Benedict wrote the Hallowed Blight Lore entries, they are from his POV.

4) Vigo was the hooded figure in the Hallowed Blight clips. His fate is unknown, we simply know that he isn't a Survivor anymore (which doesn't mean that he's a Killer, see point 5)

5) No Survivors turn into Killers, Survivors that have been "used up" get discarded into the Void as empty shells.

6) Benedict's Lore entries for Killers already stopped after Curtain Call (meaning that Shattered Bloodline, which released before Hallowed Blight, was already lacking them) and we had no Event since that required his Lore entries. As for the Killer Lore, that is due to the devs no longer keeping their website up-to-date in that regard.

• Shad03
    Options

@DocOctober

Ahhhhh. Alright, now I get it. That's for clearing that up. I completely forgot that Baker went missing when Rin appeared. Still, it's weird that his entries coincide with the cutscenes but nah, I understand now.

Thanks again for clearing that up. I feel a wee bit embarrassed.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

He didn't go missing when Rin appeared, those two events are not connected.

The lack of entries has nothing to do with Benedict still being around (which he is) or not, it's simply the devs not updating their content. The Lore bits about Killers were always found in the manual on their website, which they no longer update.

• Shad03
    Options

@DocOctober I don't mean missing as in the literal sense. But yeah, I understand. I do hope they update it at some point in the future.