The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

So, we have a double BP event starting tomorrow...

...But zero announcement on the forums. What a great way to let people know about the event.

Comments

• myersismyfather
    myersismyfather Member Posts: 11

Even then, the Double BP Event has been talked about by the devs already on here, and many content creators mention it too, most of whom are Fog Whisperers. So, case in point, don't always rely on the forums for info, look elsewhere at the same time.

• FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474

I'll agree...I feel as though I've missed most events because they are not announced obviously.

One sec...let me check Twitter. Okay back...nope. Nothing mentioned there. David King body pillow, cosmetics, and EGC...nadda on the event. Last post was Apr. 25 about dedis.

Nothing mentioned here.

Where else would I expect a DBPs announcement?

A casual mention in a Q&A was all it got. Who the hell runs the PR for this game?

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587

I'm gonna play killer and farm so god dang hard with every lobby I get. I want to hit max BP at least twice.

side note: REMOVE THE BP CAP

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

@FSB75 I think their twitter usually posts when the event is live, what's the point before the event, maybe 1 day before but 1 week is just hype

• chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355

Did the event start already?

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
  • SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

I posted a picture of a forum post by queen on my twitter... but I'm a nobody so it went unnoticed :)

https://twitter.com/SpaceC0c0nut/status/1120489065479135232

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587

The BP cap is an outdated system to try and prevent cheaters. It does nothing at all except irritate people when new characters are released. You can barely get someone from lvl 1 to lvl 30 with the 999,999 cap. I can hit that cap at least 2-3 times in this hunt but it would be far better to just see how many points in total I racked up.

• FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474

I guess what I'm getting at is this:

This game, the Dev communication is honestly the worst I've ever witnessed. I don't say that as an insult...just a sincere criticism.

It's like a UI....if you HAVE to explain it, go back to the drawing board. Been here for a while now and only recently learned about a sort of "Dev tracker":

I had to bookmark this SOB because I couldn't find it anywhere within the forums. Then this thing with double BPs...honestly, the only support it's seen is from a few threads here in the forums started by other members. Only NOW, did I find out it's in the Dev Activities. Even then...there was so much confusion about the start time, a Dev had to produce a temp countdown clock. Again...the announced start date was correct, I won't argue that...but it still feels off.

But look at this....now I'm just thankful I kind of know where to look for events. But again...

BLOGPOST + DISCORD LIVE DISCUSSION

May 2nd, 2019

Game Data | Data sheets blogpost

Game Data | Live discussion on Discord about the Data sheets results with the CM team

What time? What discord? Is there a count down timer for this as well?

What about this?

BLOGPOST

May 3rd, 2019

Dedicated Servers | The Player Test Build learnings

Where? Is it posted on the forums? If it is, why not just add a hyperlink?

I'll end on this....I've been around a gaming for a long time now. From 2002 - 2006 I was a NA league admin for TWL (Teamwarfare League). I handled matched for MOH:AA, COD, and COD2. I handled disputes, hacking accusations, challenges, tournament rules, challenges.

In 2006 I became a Bounty Hunter Senator for Star Wars Galaxies (Tucheck). Senators from all professions worked with the community liaison for the developers and the game (GreyPawn).

None of this makes me an "expert"...that's not my intention. I'm simply illustrating my frustration with a perceived inefficiency in communication. Perhaps, I'm willing ot admit, that for whatever reason, times have changed and I'm the one out of touch. Everyone else finds this information with the greatest of ease, and I'm just left in the dark because I'm not "trying hard enough", I guess. Then I revert back to my Principal Skinner mentality and think, "No, it's the devs who are wrong".

Look....bottom line, it's their game they want people to play. It's their information they are trying to get to people...this double DBP event kicks off in 22 hours, and with less than a day, again, the only reason I know, is because I watched a Q&A that was recorded because I was at work when it was made. Should I just consider myself lucky to have known about the Q&A and call it a day. Okay....at the end of the day, it's looks almost intentional.