The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What's your excuse?

Is there a limit for you, that as a killer you say: "Okay. ######### this. Enough. I will facecamp, camp, tunnel, you." ? If yes, when do you start?

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Tunnel if they spam vaults outside of the chase

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

I have my limits.

A t-bagging OoO (They asked for it, now they are my object of obsession)

Clickety click flashlight survivors (Unless I bring Lightborn/Franklin's Demise)

End of match with no kills

Other then that I try to play as 'fair' as possible without actively bending over backwards for the survivors.

• ba_tetsuo
    ba_tetsuo Member Posts: 330

Teabagging, clicking flashlights, MoMy's boys

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    edited May 2019

what i do is.

if a survivor teabags. i'll down him asap and nod with my head at 500 nods a sec. and give him a hit after hooking him.

if a survivor is using OoO. or spamming flashlights and trying to be annoying. i'll just ignore him. and leave him for the end game or when there's no pallets remaining. let the time he wastes trying to bait me helps his team.

the only time i facecamp is when i'm running bubba's basement. which i only use against 4 man swf teams. because 90% of the times. they'll risk saving and feed my bubba

and i only tunnel the gen jockies if i saw them. getting them out of the game makes it 500 times easier for me.

• Orti
    Orti Member Posts: 198

Tunneling and camping are only strategical moves I consider if the match is going rough for me in some way. Toxic players only get tunneled if I can actual catch them and get only camped if the team will come for them or sometimes if the instahealed

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited May 2019

Little affects me more negatively than (face)camping & tunneling.

I find it incredibly dull to stay near a 2-minute countdown.

Tunneling less dull, but it just doesn't coincide with what i prefer.

I'd do this any day to hackers though.

EDIT: Damn, i guess people don't like it that i don't camp & tunnel. 😋

Post edited by Boss on
  • Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Looping former infinites mostly. Consider yourself dead on hook

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

I only camp if you teabag me or flashlight me after a pallet drop or window vault. I dont really care if you teabag me to get my attention, in fact I prefer it.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

I never tunnel because as someone who’s been on the receiving end of being hooked unhooked rehooked IT’S NOT FUN (it’s only saving grace being I get to move on faster.) Plus I know even if they deserve tunneling, they want me to chase them and I don’t want to give them that satisfaction. And there’s nothing worse feeling than tunneling only for them to get away because it feels like you debased yourself for nothing.

I don’t camp either because for some reason when I play killer suddenly the survivors not only know what to do with gens but they all have borrowed time too (unlike my survivor games.) So again I would have debased myself for nothing and the survivor gets the satisfaction they got to me. The only time I “camp” is when I am doing a challenge like throw clown bottles and I need more survivors and I haven’t seen them all match to whittle the challenge down. But I don’t have any intention to camp them to death since I just want my challenge done faster.

• ShamefulKing
    ShamefulKing Member Posts: 130

Only if they are very noticeably trying to sandbag their teammates.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824

If you have a key in the lobby, I will find you and tunnel you to death.

If you flashlight me at a pallet or vault, it’s tunnel time.

Last second switches in the lobby get camped.

Outside do that, only if we have history, or the gates are powered.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

I feel like even though as Shad03 stated above I have limits I still try to not tunnel and never camp hooks. It's not that fun for me, I might nod at them when they get hooked/sacrificed if they've been a MoM/DS/DH/exploit/flashlight kind of survivor but other than that... Occasionally will bring a mori for moments of disrespect.

Although someone mentioned sandbagging above and I literally had a drive by Myers situation in a match recently, chased a wounded Dwight and Min genius team, Min went straight for a hooked person, Dwight tried to run past the hook to get my attention on the hook, I hit the min unhooking (as she had just freed the other person) while maintaining direct eye contact with dwight (he visibly panicked too it was great) and continued my chase with dwight completely ignoring my drive by hit there. I can't stand people who sell out teammates to save their own skin/get bp.

Only time I ever play dirty is if I know there's a useless "there's only 2 survs left so I'll not do gens" hatch camper too...Might stem from playing survivor too much and dealing with that.

• markosoft
    markosoft Member Posts: 6

I'll camp for the following reasons:

• A survivor has been continuously annoying and baiting
    • You've broken one of my hooks

Other than that, there's not much need as the time spent camping means free gen time for the other survivors.

As for tunneling... anything goes. My number 1 aim in a match is to kill the survivors as effectively as possible. So if you're unhooked, and I see where you go then I'll happily hunt you down. The game is much more manageable for me when there's less pesky survivors to deal with!

• Sythalin
    Sythalin Member Posts: 280

No limit, do it right off the bat. Survivors have no "limit" for teabagging, looping, flashlight spamming, etc. so why should you?

• FeelsVeryBadMan
    FeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197

As someone who hates camping and tunneling, I resort to this only when the exit gates are powered. It's logical to secure your kill, it makes sense.

But, of course, if you are trying to be an A-hole to me when I'm playing Killer, you're not going to have fun once I down you.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

As my main boy wraith is a ambush predator. I fish I don’t really care about the hooked person as much as I try to intercept and stop the rescuing survivor.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited May 2019

Honestly the only time I have ever really gone out of my way to do this not counting end game yeah I'm just trying to secure a Kill.

Is when I get those really annoying survivors who intend on clicking flashlights and repeatedly vaulting over pallets and windows to get my attention.

I'm fine with you doing that now just realise that the second I down you and put you wanna hook I intend to give you all my attention but trust me you're not going to like the attention

Post edited by Volfawott on
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Camping whenever gates are open.

Tunneling at various random points.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

Depends on how I'm feeling.

Usually it's a SWF member bodyblocking me while I'm chasing his friend though. For ######### sake, I'm basically trying to roleplay a murderous psychopath and you are literally just standing in my way because you know you have the bullshit map layout/perks/coms to make my attempts pointless. ######### OFF.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    edited May 2019

If they are a cancer to their team: wasting pallets, missing skill checks and just overall sucks I will kill them on the spot. Stupid of me to do so because it gives me an advantage keeping them alive but it pisses me off for watching someone f*$# their team over.

Edit: Also altruistic swf. I'll camp until the others learn not to get greedy for the save.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360
    edited May 2019

If someone unhooks in front of my face I will down the one that makes sense. Do I want a BBQ stack? Is one running towards an unsafe area? Does this down secure a kill?

I see it from the opposite perspective. If I have hooked someone twice in quick succession at the start of the game, I would feel scummy to put them on the hook again to kill them.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

If the killer tunnel facecamp or camp or something similar theyre just bad players that dont know how to mindgame if the survivor loops the killer along time and other survivors finishing the gens its kinda the killer fault for not trying to go to the other gens

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Toxic Survivors sandbagging other Survivors.