RIP Basement

2»

Comments

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

@Weederick Exactly. All those scenarios mean a killer is playing his cards in an optimal way, and punishing greedy survivors in the "most dangerous" place of the map.

Now all those killers get nerfed because it would be possible to trap people there until they die.

Sounds to me like they didnt' design EGC correctly in the first place, then.

Kinda like the Legion - Borrowed Time connection. BT was fine. Legion comes with all his bullshit and BT gets buffed. Now stupid new Legion is even deeper in the trash can, where he belonged right from the drawing board, but we all have a stronger BT that won't get reverted.

It's the same story with EGC - Piggy - Basement. Those two were fine. Here comes EGC with its new mechanics and nerfs killers just because.

Anyway, what really annoys me at this point is that a hypothetical scenario affecting survivors gets defused even BEFORE it actually happens in regular gameplay, while at adressing stuff like MoM and such, we need to gather more and more and more information of course.

• ToxicRob89
    ToxicRob89 Member Posts: 6

This guy gets it thank you! Its mostly killer mains that suck at the game that got it for free and have no skill (if dbd has any) lol, again its good to see someone thats not an idiot on the forums

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

I've been rushing the basement with BT every game I can, now.

It's pretty sweet :D

My friends and I just call it The Vacation Station, now ;3

It's actually a huge buff, especially if the basement spawns in the killer shack (survivor hotel) or in a tricky spot like the caged area in Swamp - with a healthy BT rescuer, it guarantees that any killer patrolling/camping is going to Looptown, doubly so if they chase the protected BT survivor, triply so if said survivor also has DS/MOM.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

insane? do u know how to run shack? plus it's mindgamable, it's not as safe as u think

• Raccoon

"God Pallet" + "God Window" = Not as safe as you think

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Of course I know how to run the thing in both roles, that's exactly why I'm saying it's the safest place in the map, meaning the place that will waste killer's time the most (except for maybe Crotus central building).

At least there was a "reward" for enduring and winning that chase, hooking the survivor down there meant dangerous unhooks.

Now it's just a normal unhook, as safe/unsafe as any other.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Honestly, I never liked basement blocking in the first place because killers could abuse it by keeping survivors there indefinitely. While not all killers are guilty, some were guilty and thus, likely caused the developers to make this change in the first place.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@NMCKE I only did it when I feared BT or as Wraith when invisible, but never to actually hold the game hostage, I always moved/attacked after a few seconds.

• artist

a god pallet/window means you cannot mindgame or make progress in a chase without breaking or vaulting it. you can force shack pallet down or get hits on greedy players, the window is not godly

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@Shad03

I didn't mind killers waiting out BT or DS, that's okay IMO.

However, trapping three survivors in the basement just to be killed by the EGC is just not acceptable. If I was the survivor who had to decide whether or not to open the exit gates, I wouldn't because killers shouldn't earn kills by doing nothing.

• Shad03

@NMCKE That is very true.

• artist

@Shad03 seeing u without the legion pfp is unsettling >:/

• Shad03

@artist I'm tired, artist. My hope was devoured and my faith was demised.

All there is left is a empty husk, to the void I belong.

• artist

oh, I see. sorry for your loss. on the bright side someone will make a legion version of freddy's "DARN"

• Shad03

@artist Yeah, I guess.

• Raccoon

DARN :P