The New ‘The Legion’

MyNamePete
MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

I personally really enjoy the new legion but i see many people complain about him.

For those players, what makes you say you dont like him anymore? And for what reason?

Comments

• GenSim12345
    GenSim12345 Member Posts: 182

Glad to see there are at least some people who are enjoying playing as the new legion despite the questionable changes.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Why am i getting downvotes for answering a question and voicing my opinion...?

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

Reframe from calling it the "new legion" nothing is similar to the legion (mask maybe but really thats all) or "the ghost"

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

I really love the changes its how I was playing legion before hand but only thing that I find very very sad is on console it's very hard to adjust as killer I miss hits and I'm hit with that stun and it's painful.

But hoping to adjust maybe I just need to learn how to counter 360s on console better.

I like the movement speed increase could keep pressure on gens with out frenzy.

But still for those that had soild ideas for legion I am sorry they didn't listen and I hope you can still love them and have hope that possible changes may happen at some point.

🐷

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited May 2019

There are some things that I would change, like reverting the vaulting speed and recharge time changes, but overall I like how they turned out. I just love zooming accross the map injuring and disrupting everyone.

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747

My only problem is the devs lied to us. They said the FF bar WOULD NOT be depleted on miss.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

Q: Why don't people like the Legion rework?

A: Because Legion now has half a power.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

Only thing that annoy me is the slow vaulting

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

The thing I don't like is basically now the Frenzy is a lot less important/useful. You can't down people with it, you can't use it as often, vaulting with it is slower, and deep wounds is an annoyance at best. I like killers who can use their power a lot during the game, not killers who mostly just regular chase and their power is a bonus thing you use every once in a while.

Trapper falls into that category but I still like him, because his power fits that formula really well whereas the Legion's does not

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I guess people voted you down, because you dared to have fun with pre nerf legion.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

A killer that could vault pallets and windows fast to hit survivors was never going to work. Pallets and windows are the survivors only means of defense and if a killer that doesn't require any skill can just ignore those it won't be a fun experience.

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

@gantes Aye you don't see Freddy bitching about his sorry state of affairs 😜

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,531

I'm looking into it right now. It was supposed to only cancel frenzy at one point. I'll get confirmation on whether or not that was changed or if it is a bug.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    edited May 2019

Legion was still a failure and you cannot convince me, or half the community its not true.

McLean in a stream said himself about Legion *not exact words* that it was poor design.

imo, all those things you listed don't have bad game design to it. there's counterplay to nearly all of those, and pre-patch legion was just a mess to deal with.

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403
    edited May 2019

tbh the only people complaining is the ones who where abusing him and he needed to be changed and all those changed is good you should get punished for failure you should not be able to just repeadly jump over every singel pallet as soon as you get freenzy thingy and you should not be able to just look away and make the other person timer go down this change is good nothing else. Nobody liked going against him or play him

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

The problem was, that this kind of mechanics were broken in concept. It was discussed before, but Legions core game mechanic was/is lacking counterplay. On paper a fast killer who vaults pallets and stab people sounds good. But it comes with a bunch of issues. Especially because unlike Nurse, the rules of how chase works doesn't change significally for the killer. Nurse is all about predicting survivors movements, muscle memory etc. Legion on the other hand, activates frenzy and is ready to chase and stab like a normal killer without worrying about pallet and vaults too much.

Devs tried to balance it with stuff like giving him less information(scratch marks), deep wound mechanic and an incentive to switch targets (tracking). Problem is, of them is countered by Legions high speed and map design. LOS blockers aren't as usefull on Legion than on Nurse or even other killers. Target switching was countered by easy mending and multiple stabs with the deep wound bar made Legion very time inefficient in a way neither the Survivor or the Killer controls much about. Maybe the killer more, but Legion chases really felt like time predictable downs. No place for the killer to cause the survivor to make a mistake and get down earlier. Or for the survivor to outplay them.

And that led to current changes, with "nerfing" Frenzies direct chase efficiency to add some counterplay. Problem is, that devs overtuned it, I think. Legion needs less power cooldown. And the missed swing penalty is currently too much as it is right now.

I personally think Legion is currently now in a better spot design wise. And we will see how things play out. And if more fine tuning puts him in the right spot on balance, or if Legion's core design will turn out o be unfixable and end with a complete power overhaul like Freddy is getting.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

The whole point of the Legion was just to have fun running around and stabbing survivors, without doing much harm. Survivors never went down from Deep Wound unless they wanted to, kinda like RBTs, and if a Legion just stabbed you until you went down, they would experience multiple stuns in a row and give your team plenty of time to rush generators.

However, survivors cannot accept that killers should have fun too, and thus they DC'd en masse. Can you imagine if killers DC'd when they got stunned or blinded or whatever at the same rate that survivors DC'd from the Legion? Do you think the devs would butcher stuns, etc., or do you think they'd just ignore the complaints? So to reiterate: why the double standard?

• Jonathanskilz

@Plu they might had made him slower but they also made it last longer but at the end of the day he needed fixing and the devs fixed it finally so that he can be fun to go against and play as.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

No, they just took away what made him fun to play as. I'm not surprised you think that's good.

• Plu

He only needed fixing to the exploits, infinite stabbing that gave you more distance overall and removed the ability to damage DW.

All the nerf we got are too much for what the power actually does.

Fun is so dependent on each player idea of the word that I don't why you people keep using that word, it doesn't excuse anything to what happened especially with all the ignored feedback that happened during the ptb, even my thread was ignored.

• Plu

@CallMeSpidey

Tunneling is not a Legion problem, you can't blame 1 killer for a playstyle like this, especially when Legion power encourage you to switch targets.

Use your head.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@Plu He lost it when he saw ONE Legion tunnel :D

• Jonathanskilz

@Orion personally i dont find it fun holding W and spamming frenzy untill survivors goes down :/