Percentage of successful escape for a lone survivor with closed hatch

Given that

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/61114/

majority of players in higher ranks play killers that can traverse map quickly (nurse, hillbilly), would be helpful to see the % of successful escapes for a lone survivor when a killer closes the hatch.

Even with far distance between doors, it's nearly impossible against a good/pro killer.

Can you, devs, watch out for these stats, and see what the % is? If the % is below 30%, then you just made it futile for a single survivor to escape. Killer has the upper hand of finding the hatch since he'd have traversed the map more chasing previous survivors, and just with the advantages that come with being a killer, he'll be likely to find it first.

Comments

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Make sure you find the hatch BEFORE the third survivor dies. If you do that, you'll almost certainly get there before the killer. If you fail/refuse to do that, that's on you. Why would you ask for an easy way out?

• Paladin_Goo
    Paladin_Goo Member Posts: 287
    edited June 2019

Nobody said anything about an "upper hand". It's called a fair chance - and for the most part it is. Except when the doors spawn on the same wall. They should ALWAYS be opposite of each other.

Getting 3 kills is "punishment". Entitled killer mains over here and their 4k entitlement. I'll just bring one of my 800+ keys. See how punished you feel then.

• WheatThinO
    WheatThinO Member Posts: 62

"When my second chance slips from my fingers, I want the gates to be opposite each other so that I can open one easily and in time before the killer could ever get me because I want to win super easy every single time cause I'm a survivor player. Like my friends, I'm an entitled little twat and believe that for some strange reason, we should be just as powerful as the killer despite the fact that we are supposed to be prey."

• Paladin_Goo

Biased in what way? Calling a 3k, a victory, punishment, is saying you're entitled to the 4k. You're ONLY entitled to what you get when you get it. Guess that's "biased". I call it logic.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,373

I main Spirit at high ranks but people can usually get out when I close hatch, I seem to have some supernatural connection to Léry's (much to my dismay) which usually guarantees that the exits are on opposite ends of the map.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Stop right there.

So if killers are entitled to only the kills they get when they get it that means until the game is over you're still fair game. If you can't manage to get the hatch or open a door then you're going to die. The fact that regardless of whether your team is trash or the killer was good, not that it makes a difference, you collectively failed your objective. You should feel pressured then be cause you have lost your biggest advantage. You're calling someone entitled for just playing the game? Until you see the results screen the game isn't over. The game doesn't stop when three people die and it isn't as if EGC isn't killing because rarely do people die to Entity sacs unless they want to die to it. Killer's not going afk and somehow magically dooming you.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Exactly. If the hatch opens, the objective is failed.

I love how people want to have a guaranteed 50/50 chance in a situation they have caused by failing, and use the prevention of hostage holding (EGC) as a scapegoat.

"Theres only 2 mins left I have no chance err what do."

Well, get work done before the EGC happens?

• Paladin_Goo

Stop right there - I never said survivors should get special treatment. In fact I even went on record above and said that end game was perfectly balanced, and the only thing that needed adjustment was doors being placed on the same wall.

I'm calling them entitled for acting like they are entitled to the 4k just because they killed the first 3 survivors. If they get it, they get it, but it's not theirs until that happens. Whether it be during end game collapse or otherwise.

I don't believe I mentioned having special treatment. I also never called you a killer main specifically. Please don't put words in my mouth. It doesn't help your argument. My ONLY gripe is that the exit gates should be on opposite walls.

The thing you have wrong is "survivors" as a whole don't fail to meet objectives. It's not a team game. The devs have gone on record saying that. That's why the hatch exists. Survivors fail INDIVIDUALLY. Not as a unit.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

Funny, I just did this last night.

Wasn't very hard. Starting opening one gate, ran away like it was going to the other one, then doubled back and finished the gate I first started.

Got out right when the Killer got to me.

God forbid Survivors use their brains and not their free hatch escape.

• Paladin_Goo

I do that as well - but try doing that against an omega blink nurse or insta billy when the gates are on the same wall.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

Honestly I'm not seeing the issue in the first place.

Last guy gets hatch first, instant escape.

Killer gets hatch first, almost guaranteed kill.

It's a fair 50/50 that goes both ways. And before anyone mentions how they could be the last one because of dumb teammates, this is true. The dumb teammates could get you killed.

But they also give you a free escape option. So it's still fair either way. This is why the EGC was made. And even then, the Survivor still has a chance to escape, no matter how slim that chance may be.

If he finds the hatch first, you're NOT supposed to get out. While the same wall gate issue definitely should be looked at, I dont think it's even relevant if the Killer brings a perk like Remember Me. That Survivor likely isn't getting out.

And that's fine

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

If as you state it's practically impossible to escape once the killer closes that Hatch why are you trying to stealthily go to the Hatch anyway.

You say that the killer can move more freely whilst the survivor has to stealth but if they are boned if the killer closes the hatch why not just go all out and try to find the hatch

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Im not reading this thread, but I think the average survival rate is around 40%. Only 2 killers have worthwhile traversal power without addons, and the gates are very rarely so close.

• Naphemil
    Naphemil Member Posts: 66

If I kill 3 survivors (three hooks each even) before the third gen is completed then yes..... I deserve the 4k. 100%.