The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A thought on unique survivors

So iv been thinking that once you get the survivor teachables they all kinda become the same, unlike killers who are defined by their speed and power. This got me thinking of a way to make all the survivors unique in some way so their would be a reason to choose one over the other other than cosmetics. I got an idea, why not give each a small passive advantage over the killer they came out with. For example Feng could not initially scream when entering madness 1, she would still scream while entering subsequent madness levels but this one would give her a sight advantage on the doctor. Meg (who i think came with the hillbilly though i may be wrong) could enter the endurance bleed-out state when hit with the chainsaw, thus not making her immune to the insta-down effect but giving her a chance to escape. I have a couple of ideas for other survivors but the point is it would make the picking of survivor less about cosmetics and more about which killer you want to have an advantage over. yes you might not get that killer but i think this would be a great but fair change to survivors. What do you all think?

Comments

• Ancheri
    Ancheri Member Posts: 157

I don't really like the idea, sorry.
    I think it would result in many players joining a match with the same characters depending not only on who got the most powerful advantage but also on who counters the killer, that is played the most at moment or on that rank (we might see more Neas than right now in this case ;) ). Of course it's basically the same for killers - barely people playing Hag, many Nurses/Hillbillies etc. But I think noone doubts that it needs balancing to overcome the so called skill cap and make the killers equally strong.
    I still like some of the specific ideas you had though. Probably giving survivors the possibility to choose between several basic abilities unlike perks would be a fun change. :)

• light141
    light141 Member Posts: 4

that's fair. i was keeping in mind that the killer can see the survivors in the lobby, and thus if they see 4 neas can switch killers as to not give the survivors that advantage. but i see your point.

• TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
         Sometimes when I play as Killer, I’ll give my “corresponding” survivor “special treatment”. This usually means a more immersive experience- I’ll roleplay with them personally more than the rest.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

The Survivors aren't really tied to the Killers, though. They're just coincidental releases. At least, in some cases. I thought you would suggest something based on the individual, as many have mentioned: Claudette has faster healing, Dwight enters Lockers faster, etc.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

@Coriander said:
    The Survivors aren't really tied to the Killers, though. They're just coincidental releases. At least, in some cases. I thought you would suggest something based on the individual, as many have mentioned: Claudette has faster healing, Dwight enters Lockers faster, etc.

LOL Dwight entering lockers faster :p