Self Wake Up vs Freddy

Not sure I'm the only one who finds Freddy the most irritating of all the killers. With a clued up player with selective perks, playing against the Nightmare can be a really frustrating, eye-rolling...er...Nightmare. Get hooked, get unhooked, get pulled back in to dream, repeat. Ruin? Nurse's Call? BBQ&C? Blood Warden? Yep...

Was thinking...who believes there should be a way of 'self waking up'? When you find another survivor to wake you, often Freddy will appear and pull the healer in the dream or pull you straight back, or both in to the dream.

When using a missed skill check you obviously give your location away. This is the only issue. In the films there were some self wake ups, like Nancy and the hot pipe, but this caused her to scream out loud. Self Wake Up could be like mending. Maybe the survivor uses something which whist gives out a scream/cry, it doesn't give a physical notification. Maybe it could be painless like an alarm or something.

Comments

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Who says alarms arent painful? Try waking up on a Saturday because of one and then we will talk.

But seriously, I would wait until his rework in the coming month. Maybe he will be completely different, maybe this concept is being implemented along with it (wouldnt be surprised with the Devs that introduced Mending...), maybe this wont be needed or maybe it will.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

LMAO!!! Be glad you are not facing Billy/Nurse.

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

Freddy is already the worst killer in game. He doesn't need any more nerfs.

Just use Self Care / bring a med kit / find a med kit for skill check wake ups or/ find an ally to snap you out of it.

• Viviledragon
    Viviledragon Member Posts: 4

I was thinking of a buff for Freddy that doesn't change his power. Failed gen skill checks no longer wake you up but healing ones still does (meaning you must be injured to wake yourself up) and if you aren't injured you can do a "self harm" action that puts you in the injured state and makes you scream.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Freddy OP, please nerf.

Like really?

Want a Freddy who can't put you asleep?

So his power is watching survivors repair gens and escape?

• HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358

Equip Sabo and go fail a skill check on a hook. Freddy won't expect it, and I believe it still will wake you up just like failure on healing or gen. You're also not on a gen so it's a little more out of the way and harder for killer to identify exactly where you were when you woke up.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Seems like a buff that the Perk Wake Up! could use.

Though still no one would run the Perk.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
  • katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

Freddy can't handle anymore nerfs. Aren't you glad it not a killer that doesn't get a delay before hitting you

• liquidlight
    liquidlight Member Posts: 344

I personally don't see a problem with how someone wakes themselves up or how it alerts Freddy. I seem to lose and win against Freddy an equal amount. He doesn't seem OP like some killers and he always seems to get some kills in matches I'm in with him. Yes, he has an advantage using aura perks but without them he could be really weak. The only thing I can say about Freddy, which End Game worsens incredibly now, is if he gets everyone in the dream state at the end of the game when gens are powered. There's no escaping and there's no way to wake up (except maybe sabotaging but lets be real.. most toolboxes won't last that long and not everyone will have one nor will they have time to sabotage a hook if Freddy knows where they are and is coming). So if there was a time to implement an alternative method to waking up... it's when EVERYONE is in the dream world but it would and should still be challenging somehow.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

I play as Freddy often. I'll say this- even though it would be a pain in the ass- party starters/firecrackers should wake survivors up because logic.

But really it's already too easy to wake up most the time.

• HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358
  • pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 603
    edited May 2019

oh plz nerf fredy is OP

atte: main survivor brown rank