How does the stupid trash flashlight work?

Yohan
Yohan Member Posts: 172

Just how long does it take to blind the killer? I had the light on the killer's face for 4-5 seconds and sometimes more and nothing happens.

Comments

• DenimChicken
    DenimChicken Member Posts: 114

Test it on kill your friends... You might have blinded him 4-5 seconds is long enough for him to see again assuming he wasn't just standing completely still and not trying to look away.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

The flashlight only works if you click the button and have enough batery.

In response to your second question, Hag and Spirit cant be blinded when they're breaking a pallet, Billy can look down when charging his chainsaw and he'll avoid the blind too. The time It takes to blind a killer depends on the type of flashlight you use and it's add-ons. Lightborn and Stridor hard counter flashlights as well.

• Yohan

Do I need to keep clicking it or just hold it?

Also it doesn't only work while breaking a pallet right?

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited May 2019

@Yohan definitely hold it, throw a rave party for the killer and you will not like the result. Actually when the killer is breaking a pallet is true, they are animation locked, but it's super annoying so also expect a bad end (it also sadly works while they are DS stunned but please don't-happened to me with old DS). Just hold the cue button and aim at the killers eyes. It works at any point really. Just make sure you time it well, not too early especially when going for a flashlight rescue/save. ( I think they basically have to be at the towards the end of the pick up animation but people can correct me if I'm wrong)

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

@YohanYou have to hold it while pointing the beam at their face. When the beam narrows to a sliver it means they've been blinded.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited May 2019

^^ Excellent point as well to tell if you were successful+ you'll get a "killer blind" bp score event notification

• Yohan

Informative.

@KiskashiThanks!

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

I'm pretty sure that addons and the type of flashlight doesn't change how fast u can blind a killer anymore, only killer perks can change the time

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

It's like just over a second.... because you can blind while the killer is breaking a pallet which is just over 2 seconds... when you blind aim at their face. Try different techniques and see what works best for you... flashlights can be truly powerful in a match and is like the only thing that takes skill to use on the survivor side.... keep at it and you'll be chain blinding killers every match

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Add ons help but they hardly make a difference. Things that make your flashlight last longer are the best.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

You don't necessarily aim the flashlight at the eyes (more of the upper chest area) and make sure to look at your beam if it is narrowing your doing it correctly if not you are doing it wrong and with flashlight saves it takes being at the right time you can't just try to blind at the very beginning of the animation.