We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Is reporting even useful?

Chi
Chi Member Posts: 781

My friends tell me it won't do anything... Just encountered a legacy/speed hacking Billy. Reported them after dc'ing...

Comments

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    no

and youre in the wrong for dcing

shame
  • Chi

@Lowbei said:
    no

shame

I am not going to play against a speedhacking Billy. He downed 2 people in like 2 seconds. Just wanted to get to the next match as quick as possible seeing as there is no winning against a hacker.

• Lowbei
    Chi said:

@Lowbei said:
    no

shame

I am not going to play against a speedhacking Billy. He downed 2 people in like 2 seconds. Just wanted to get to the next match as quick as possible seeing as there is no winning against a hacker.

i see no evidence of hacks. only someone admitting to dcing because they thought a billy was moving too fast.
  • FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474

@Lowbei said:
    no

shame

• This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • Lowbei
    edited June 2018
    SenzuDuck said:

@Lowbei said:
    Chi said:

@Lowbei said:

no

shame

i see no evidence of hacks. only someone admitting to dcing because they thought a billy was moving too fast.

Oh look! A Troll. Back under your bridge, mate.

il not your mate. sorry im not “that way”
  • Lowbei
    SenzuDuck said:
    Lowbei said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Lowbei said:
    Chi said:

@Lowbei said:

no

shame

Oh look! A Troll. Back under your bridge, mate.

il not your mate. sorry im not “that way”
    Sorry, are you trying to be funny? Not quite sure what you’re trying to say, if I’m being honest, mate.
    no thanks, i dont want your aids.

• MuteNewt
    MuteNewt Member Posts: 234

@Lowbei He isnt in the wrong for dc'ing. It was a very valid reason to leave. He wasnt gonna stick around to be farmed, mocked and then be killed by a cheater. Gives the cheater less pleasure in what they are doing to be fair.

• MuteNewt
    MuteNewt Member Posts: 234

@Chi you werent in the wrong. Dont mind Lowbei.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

Shame - Shame - you should walk down a street naked and have everyone throw stuff at you for dc'ing.

• Lowbei
    edited June 2018
    numerous people have dc’d on me and come to my stream to call me a wallhacker, because they are too inexperienced to know how bbq works.

the op has zero evidence, case closed. gg
  • TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

In answer to the actual original question "Is reporting even useful" the answer currently is no, not at all.

• Lowbei
    Snapshot said:

Guys, don't argue with @Lowbei . In my experience, he does not give up on his arguments. Also has something against people reporting hackers here on the forum, because according to him, it is "naming and shaming" (the hacker?) and against the rules. It's sad (atleast in my opinion).
    @MuteNewt @popoles I 100% agree with you. Nothing wrong for DC'ing (just call it "leaving the match") on a hacker. And yeah don't argue with Lowbei

agreed, you shouldnt argue with Lowbei, especially since the devs agree with him, and thus theres a rule against naming and shaming here.

your salt videos are not welcome on our forums.
  • popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Lowbei said:
    Snapshot said:

Guys, don't argue with @Lowbei . In my experience, he does not give up on his arguments. Also has something against people reporting hackers here on the forum, because according to him, it is "naming and shaming" (the hacker?) and against the rules. It's sad (atleast in my opinion).
    @MuteNewt @popoles I 100% agree with you. Nothing wrong for DC'ing (just call it "leaving the match") on a hacker. And yeah don't argue with Lowbei

agreed, you shouldnt argue with Lowbei, especially since the devs agree with him, and thus theres a rule against naming and shaming here.

your salt videos are not welcome on our forums.
    Where is the name and shame thing in this thread?
  • popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    And what video?
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Chi said:
    My friends tell me it won't do anything... Just encountered a legacy/speed hacking Billy. Reported them after dc'ing...

Reporting is useful if it makes you feel better, but dont think that the report will be folllowed by a bann :wink:

• Skairipa
    Skairipa Member Posts: 255

@Chi said:

trust me :) works. Just not leaving the lobby, otherwise you will be flagged by system. More flags bring you to soft-ban ( or ban permanently ).

• Fluffy
    Fluffy Member Posts: 48

@Lowbei said:

You see no eveidence? LOL
    every person who link a video with an obvious cheater is bullied into removing it by some fanboys who like to enforce the famous "name and shame" rule.

REPORTING IS USELESS EITHER HERE OR INGAME. THERE ARE NO BANS FROM DEV TEAM! The only bans come from eac if you use a detecteed cheat. They don't give a sh*t about cheaters and even less about DC's

• Lowbei
    Fluffy said:

@Lowbei said:

You see no eveidence? LOL
    every person who link a video with an obvious cheater is bullied into removing it by some fanboys who like to enforce the famous "name and shame" rule.

REPORTING IS USELESS EITHER HERE OR INGAME. THERE ARE NO BANS FROM DEV TEAM! The only bans come from eac if you use a detecteed cheat. They don't give a sh*t about cheaters and even less about DC's

are you going to be ok?
  • Cypraz
    Cypraz Member Posts: 136

I would DC too won't play with anyone who is speedhacking and Lowbei don't whine about not having evidence you know very well the mods would just remove it from the forum anyway as it would come under the "naming and shaming" category.

• Lowbei
    Cypraz said:

I would DC too won't play with anyone who is speedhacking and Lowbei don't whine about not having evidence you know very well the mods would just remove it from the forum anyway as it would come under the "naming and shaming" category.

lol

so

no evidence

ok
  • Chi

@Skairipa said:

@Chi said:

trust me :) works. Just not leaving the lobby, otherwise you will be flagged by system. More flags bring you to soft-ban ( or ban permanently ).

I never DC so I think I will be alright.

• cTrix
    cTrix Member Posts: 122

All DCing does is not give you any Bloodpoints and make the game harder for the survivors. Sure sometimes that doesn't matter.

Also reporting doesnt do anything.

• Chi

@cTrix said:
    All DCing does is not give you any Bloodpoints and make the game harder for the survivors. Sure sometimes that doesn't matter.

Also reporting doesnt do anything.

Everyone DC'ed. And I don't really care about the 300 bloodpoints I missed by dc'ing lol.