Killer Ultra-Rares: A Discussion

2»

Comments

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,937

Nurse addons are kinda hard to change. I mean, imagine using this pink addon with campbells last breath. 7 blinks but with much more fatique, slower movement speed and less blink range. It would break the game in half like the Titanic. I think I have to look at my Nurse section again. Other Killers are okay in my opinion

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Yeah I just want most the ultra-rares be addons you save for when you knows it's a hard group of survivors and you need the extra power. Currently when you see those groups you grab your very-rares instead because they are just better since they don't have all these crazy downsides attached to them.

• MrDardon

Imagine saying: "Now I am gonna destroy this swf with my black box lol!"

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I agree with most of these except for 2. Judith's Tombstone and Mint Rag.

I think the rest are all very good, especially Rule Set 2. That would waste so much time and cause a lot of survivors to panic. The only thing I would say is a swf will be able to tell their friends the killer has this add-on and they won't attempt to take off the traps.

I think Rule Set 2 should have survivors find the key in their 5th box everytime instead of it just falling off. Survivors won't know if it's luck or the add-on.

Judith's Tombstone I think is ok because it is basically only run with Infinite Tier 3. I think it would just be too strong otherwise.

Mint Rag I never would change. Just have Make Your Choice, trap the hook and your good. I think it's also in a very good place.

• Blueberry

"I think the rest are all very good, especially Rule Set 2. That would waste so much time and cause a lot of survivors to panic. The only thing I would say is a swf will be able to tell their friends the killer has this add-on and they won't attempt to take off the traps."

Well by the time even 1 of them realizes this they would have already gone through the entire timer and even that's already been a lot of value itself. This is also assuming they are a swf that's in discord and not just grouped. Also the majority of swf aren't a full 4 man, that would mean at minimum you are getting the absolute full timer on at least 2 people and even that is a tonnn of time.

"I think Rule Set 2 should have survivors find the key in their 5th box everytime instead of it just falling off. Survivors won't know if it's luck or the add-on."

Well they would know because after the timer ends it will just pop off harmlessly.

"Judith's Tombstone I think is ok because it is basically only run with Infinite Tier 3. I think it would just be too strong otherwise."

In its current iteration no one runs this outside of meme's and even then the meme is never actually working unless you run it with ANOTHER ultra rare AND against low ranks that don't know what they're doing. Its current form has his very-rare tombstone piece just being better.

"Mint Rag I never would change. Just have Make Your Choice, trap the hook and your good. I think it's also in a very good place."

A smart high rank survivor isn't triggering that trap. It's good, but not ultra-rare worthy with the negative in its current form imo.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@Blueberry "A smart high rank survivor isn't triggering that trap. It's good, but not ultra-rare worthy with the negative in its current form imo."

??? Mint Rag lets you teleport to any trap at will. They don't need to set off the trap, that's the whole point. They crouch, make the save, get MYC, you teleport anyway and hit them down. EZ.

• Frozenscum
    Frozenscum Member Posts: 393

A smart high rank survivor isn't triggering that trap. It's good, but not ultra-rare worthy with the negative in its current form imo.

Mint Rag doesnt require trap to be triggered, Hag can teleport to any trap at map uncondicionally. She hear/see unhook, she is there.

• Blueberry

Sorry I was thinking about something different. I still think the 15 sec cd is excessive.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

@thesuicidefox yea I was thinking the same thing lol was wondering was I going crazy or something.

The timer hardly ever runs out so that is why if it removes the rng to the traps and always have them be removed on the last jigsaw box would work better I think. If you need to slow the timer down a bit to also help stop the timer running out that would be good.

Also when it comes to Judith's Tombstone I think it is in a ok place. Yea at high ranks it doesn't always work out but when it does it is a massive swing in the killers favour. This is one of the only add-ons where high risk, high reward really makes sense to me.

Also huntress iridescent head needs the very rare to work with it.

• Blueberry

Well I preferred have it when the timer ends and not the last box because it lets you get even more value out of the addons that apply debuffs for having a RBT on because they'll be affected by them for longer.

Even the games where you get lucky enough to have the tombstone active, it's not happening till gates are powered or at best 1 gen left. I get the risk factor, it just seems way too high. I'd like something to add strength when you need it, not to meme.

• thesuicidefox

Excessive? You can literally go anywhere you want. Put a trap at a hook and a few gens, then you have INSANE map pressure. 15 seconds is not even that long. Mint Rag is one of THE most powerful add-ons in the game, top 5 easily. You want it to be even BETTER?!?

• MrDardon

The problem with Mint Rag is that you can't really chose to which trap you want to teleport because if there are traps in a straight line in front of you you'll probably teleport to the wrong place. Also, when someone loops you you can't just teleport if they trigger a trap, you have to look at the triggered trap and then teleport and that gives the Survivor slightly more time to loop you and avoid getting hit after a teleport.

When it comes to MyC, people think it's not counterable. Just trigger the trap, wait until it's gone and then unhook, in that time Survivor can run out of the basement if she doesn't teleport back

• thesuicidefox

Look away if they trigger a trap. You should teleport to the one that was triggered. I play on console and it's honestly not hard to teleport to the trap you want to use.

And if you try to set off traps like that against a good Hag they will just teleport back and put another trap. Rinse repeat until you either rush the save or the guy dies on the hook.