Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why has plague's ultra rare addon have so many downsides.

Why is this, for the positive you get, it's not worth the penalties that come with it, ultra rares are supposed to be strong not this.

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Agreed. This can be said for a lot of other killers ultra-rares as well.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

I can write up all the ultra rares and share my opinion:

Trapper:

• Iridescent Stone: Godlike, you don't waste to much time setting/resetting traps after they got disarmed
    • Bloody Coil: Also very good with a few other Addons. Very good with Iridescent Stone. Survivors risking their health cuz they want to disarm a trap is very good, and maybe they'll be stupid to get caught after disarming a Trap.

Wraith:

• Coxcombed Clapper: One of the funniest and best Wraith Addons. Jumpscare potential and with Nurse's Calling it's definitely very good.
    • All Seeing - Spirit: In my opinion useless by itself but gimmicky. Can be good with an Gen protector Build.

Myers:

• Fragrant Tuft of Hair: Not my favourite cuz it wastes much time on stalking but very powerful when you reach Tier 3. Can also be used well with gimmick builds like Vault Master etc.
    • Judith's Tombstone: By itself there is really no reason to use it because Tombstone Piece exists, but in combination with Tuft of Hair it's really deadly when you reach Tier 3. Also, it requires you to use Play with your Food (a perk I hate in it's current form because it's near to useless)

Hag:

• Mint Rag: I didn't play with this addon for very long and I don't wanna start with it because I don't need or like this Addon. It's good on gimmick builds.
    • Waterlogged Shoe: Useless, very useless. It can be okay'ish with scarred hand because you move only a bit faster. Can't really get over the fact that "slightly increases movement speed" means 2.5 % on that addon but when it comes to "slightly decreasing" movement speed" that means you can take off 7 % movement speed on Vanity Mirror or 5 % on Red Paint brush. Pretty stupid in my opinion.

Doctor:

• Iridescent King: I literally feel uncormfortable when only looking at that addon because the description by itself gives me a headache.

Huntress:

• Iridescent Head: Pretty good but it costs you extra wind up time. Most people use it with an Ebony Mori, that's why people think it's overpowered. The Addon itself isn't overpowered but very strong.

Freddy:

• Black Box: Almost forgot that that exists because what?.... this thing literally does nothing. You mine as well hope that someone takes Object of Obsession instead.
    • Red Paint brush: Would be pretty good when the "slightly" reduced movement speed wouldn't be 5 % and taking away the ability to chase as an M1 Killer.

Pig:

• Amanda's Letter: It's okay on the positive side but it takes away her traps which is stupid. They could at least increase the range to 16 metres and not take off 3 of her Traps. And it shouldn't take even one Jigsaw Box out.
    • Rule Set.2: I don't really know. I think I spelled the name of that addon wrong cuz it's so useless that it's kinda embarassing.

Clown:

• Redheads Pinky Finger: For some reason almost nobody uses it with Clown even if it's an extremely powerful Addon. And no, it's not that hard to hit a bottle on a Survivor.
    • "Something" Middle Finger?: Yeah, exactly. I didn't use it even once because of it's ######### effect for being an Ultra Rare.

Spirit:

• Mother-Daughter Ring: Love, Love, LOVE. The mobility you get is wonderful
    • Father's Glasses: Pretty balanced, good but I don't use it because I don't really need it. It's good on new Spirit Players.

Legion or maybe Lee John?:

• Fuming/Tuning Mixtape?: The fact that All Seeing Spirit is almost useless makes me laugh about this one which is 10 times worse.
    • Iridescent Button: It's okay but not worth being used because I used it and didn't really get use of it or needed it in any way.

Plague:

• Iridescent Seal: Can't really say something about it because I play Plague rarely and didn't use this Addon even once. It still sounds better than Black Box or Fuming Mixtape. It good some many downsides.
    • The other one: Did I mention that I don't really play Plague. I know what it does and it's okay when people don't cure themselves. I guess it's worth a try.
  • MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

I don't know. Chasing with 110 % isn't really healthy. It's the same case if you chase without hatchets. You have to rely on mistakes and jumpscares. Jumpscare Myers is still better because they can still escape from dream state against Freddy. I am hyped how they'll change addons with the Freddy rework.