DBD using the 2018 Halloween soundtrack for Michael Myers?

Did a little editing with the soundtracks and it does make Myers more intimidating

Comments

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Lol that's awesome! Maybe when they add the 2018 mask they can make the music change with the mask.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

Made a post on that, they don't want to address this for whatever reason.

I have no idea why its so hard to get an answer for Myers (2018) Halloween mask...

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,904

That was awesome. I loved Carpenter's score for the new movie.

• Dwight_Fairfield

I will be soooooo happy if we get some cosmetics for both Michael and Laurie from the 2018 movie. Even if that was all we got for the anniversary I would still be thrilled.

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

Gawd yes! Please! That feels intense as all get out.

The 2018 mask and that updated soundtrack to match would make him feel pretty much complete (aside from the purveyors of shirtless Myers).

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited May 2019

This is a really cool idea and would actually be a good incentive to add the mask to complete it however am I the only one that feels like the chase/location of the killer feel a little less predictable this way? Not saying that's a bad thing but the music changes currently depending on the stage of the chase (i.e. distant terror radius vs. actual chase, vs. a 3rd condition I know I'm missing) This one does that but is more subdued/less obvious way (maybe it's the audio mix, distance based sound) They would probably fine tune it if it was implemented anyway, probably just looking too into it but it's definitely interesting, nice edit/suggestion. 💖 ( I think I'm just addicted to the original but it is good to see people do like the newer renditions and it would be nice if it was optional - based on what mask you choose)

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

Life long Halloween Michael Myers fan and Myers main in DBD here. IThis fits pretty well but I prefer the 1978 version we have now, though I do agree if they added 2018 content, it would be a nice optional chase theme. Lots of people really like the 2018 film, but it just didn't do it for me, so I honestly couldn't care less if they add 2018 content or not. Again, that's coming from a life long fan of the franchise and character . I WOULD like to see other film versions of Myers added though.

• Kiskashi

@TheShape78 Wow... same. It didn't feel right to me, didn't feel entirely like everything I love about Michael's character/style. I'm so glad someone felt the same way. The original will always be my favourite too but this is a nice option for those who loved the new one or want to mix it up like you mentioned. I did like the suggestion of the blood "tears" mask from the 2nd movie (but RIP vision)

• TheShape78
    edited May 2019

Darn straight man! The original is my favorite as well, and my favorite horror film in general. 2018 just didn't capture Michael 's character well at all. Not enough stalking, and they show him WAY too much. Agreed on the Halloween 2 1981 (my second favorite in the series) blood tears. Personally I'd like to see them add Halloween 4 and 5's versions of Michael .

• Kiskashi
    edited May 2019

@TheShape78 Exactly, the part I loved most about his character was how we didn't always see him kill extremely violently (with obvious malice I mean like that nurse in the rob zombie remakes that was excessive), he planned, he placed things/bodies in ways to get it all to come together in the end. I loved the second movie in that we never saw Michael kill absolutely everyone in the hospital or slash the tires on the cars but that scene of the silent halls and the entire hospital being empty we know he's been at work, working his way to the final attack on Laurie. I loved how different this was to other slashers, he showed thought and planning, a dedication to the craft. They lost all of this in the 2018 version imo.

We never saw him repeatedly stabbing violently in the originals, he was too present in the recent and his kills meant nothing, they were all random/thoughtless. He was always a work in the background killer working his way to the epic confrontation with Laurie, instead we got what I like to call "Jason Myers" where it's all violent kills and not a brain cell or moment of planning in sight sadly.

They did okay with Laurie but as far as I'm concerned the new movie took away a lot of Michael's character. (James was great and it's cute to see him work with Nick, it was just like they ignored Michael's "style"/character and it became a little more like a traditional generic slasher killer)

• TheShape78

So true...so true. I'm not sure if you're aware, but there's a great Halloween Michael Myers forum called Michael Myers.net. Lots of great guys on there with awesome replica masks, and even some occasional discussion on the lesser known aspects of the films, tons of great information . I'm on there, so if you'd like, send me a private message and I'll tell you my username on there if you'd like to join.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092
    edited May 2019

I personally wanna hear the jingle music as his chase music that gets louder and more present as he chases you. It just doesn't give me chills as much hearing it as just a single jingle when he tiers up. I want the whole thing. Also I don't really mind that chase music but it doesn't give me a Halloween vibe. I haven't seen the 2018 movie though, but I heard they removed some plot that I personally liked.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited May 2019

@Kiskashi Huh? We saw Michael strangle two teenage girls for a long extended period in the original. Then slashed the throat of one. He pinned a guy to a wall using his butcher knife. The violence was there. Same in Halloween II. One of the most gruesome murders in the franchise is in that one with the nurse being slowly drowned in the scalding water hot tub. Skin peeling off her face and everything.

You can't criticize the 2018 movie for doing something that was always there. In fact the 2018 Michael brought back something the sequels lost. Michael displaying his victims' bodies in some grotesque way. Plus they brought back the random force of evil nature of Michael. This is not someone who was obsessed with killing his family. This is Michael who everyone is in danger from. Reminds me of the dialogue between Loomis and Brackett in the original;

Loomis: "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff. You can either ignore it, or you can help me to stop it"

Brackett: "Doctor, do you know what Haddonfield is? Families, children, all lined up in rows up and down these streets. You're telling me they're lined up for a slaughter house"

That's what we got in H'18. It had some off screen kills, too, like the two Cops outside Laurie's house, and Vicki's boyfriend Dave.

• Kiskashi
    edited May 2019

@Dwight_Fairfield I clearly stated excessive violence, that was pretty normal for a slasher, but the new one was trying too hard to portray an excessively violent Michael (I cited excessive as the rob zombie nurse scene where he literally stabs her 15 times for no reason, like he hated her guts and she was just a bystander, I mean that kind, gory and overly violent, he honestly did the same to the mechanic just to get his overalls...chill)

The 2018 just really didn’t feel right to me for his character but it’s fine, if you like it that’s great but I just feel that with every iteration we lose the original image of him. I’m not really interested in debating it, it doesn’t measure up to the original 2 movies at all for me personally, I stated why above. What number of kills were done off screen with significance to the story (2nd movie one was absolutely amazing in comparison to 2 dumb cops). What was the point of a majority of them? Why did he go for that first kid when we’ve literally seen him ignore killing people when he didn’t have to (H20 stealing the car at the rest stop scene) What did he do smart, what did he plan, what did he set up? (That cop one was meh, again wow big violent show and the point was? The dumb guy found it and died so it barely mattered anyway) When did we see him lurking or hint at him working in the shadows?

The only thing I liked was the relation to his link with Laurie, hunter and hunted, who is who angle and Laurie becoming the lethal shadow that disappears (I liked that symbolism of the changing of role at that point, she was the hunter) her character was so well done but we got a violent, non planning Michael who fell into the trap of fire and got played hard, so smart.

It was a good movie, it just wasn’t good for mikey’s character is all I’m saying. He felt like a generic side note, a parody of what he was. Which is a trend that has occurred in a few of the earlier movies, hence I generally only really like the first 2 (and H20 to some extent, it was terrible in a lot of ways but I did like that they tried to make an interesting twist at the end.)

Edit: I have apparently split this thread, any down voters care to discuss?

Post edited by Kiskashi on