Tell me one more time Self Care is good. I dare you. I double dare you.

_LC
_LC Member Posts: 105

LOOK AT THAT hahahah come on, I was mending this girl and then she proceeded to self care in front of me. I tried to tell her to let me heal her but nothing. To all the people that replied to my previous post, this is it:

Self Care is good, but the way people use it and the ######### they do is just unbelievable

Comments

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

Agree with this 100% but also to add sometimes you let people heal you and they miss checks or they led tracks/ the killer directly to you. I'm definitely not for self care as it's slow as dirt, but healing yourself (preferably with a medkit in my case) is sometimes the safer option as above (plus they can do a nearby gen while you heal for 10 seconds with a kit, better than 2 wasting time healing then starting the gen.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

You know, the thread title kind of sounds ridiculous when you say in your original post that that Self Care is good

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

Self care is good. There. Do I win a prize?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

But...But...Muh Bloodpoints.

Joke comment btw.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

So that's 3 more reasons to just heal yourself. If I miss a skill check while healing myself, so be it. I can't blame anyone but myself. But it is particularly annoying when a team mate tries to heal you, gets 10% done then fails a skill check and then runs away. Or leads the killer right to you. Those kind of events make survivors lose faith in each other.

There is also the possibility of a survivor running botony knowledge or some other perk that increases healing speed. Combined with a decent med kit with decent add ons and it can just be faster to heal yourself too. So yeah, lots of decent reasons to heal yourself.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

What really annoys me is the built-in camo certain characters take advantage of.

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

She doesn't trust you!

People that run Self Care normally don't trust other teammates, for some reason people are bad at skill checks!

Even at high ranks, it doesn't matter.

She can do it herself, she don't need no man.

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747

Imo self-care is really only worth it when paired with pharmacy or botany or something.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited May 2019

It's funny this being a joke, but I actually fear my teammates when they try to heal me especially if they run to me, like if I want to be healed at the hook (when safe) I'll stay there. Rank resets have given me extreme teammate fear. It's always dwights and claudettes too for some reason, can't hit the checks to save their my in this case lives.

Pharmacy and/or med kits for life. I give them a chance if I know they're a good teammate and we're safe but most times I'm gone. Rank is a joke anyway, I've seen a wounded/crazy Ash hide in a closet in front of a doctor at rank 8, and the doctor was rank 13. Trust no-one when it comes to healing, it's literally like go do a gen please I have a faster medkit.