EGC should ONLY activate when an exit gate is opened, not when the hatch is closed

Options
2»

Comments

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,112
    edited August 2019
    Options

What if the EGC timer slowed when the killer is within x meters of a gate?

Survivor gets one red light on exit A and now has time to work on exit B while the killer is close to exit A looking for them.

• HuntressIsMyFavXD
    HuntressIsMyFavXD Member Posts: 132
    Options

Maybe you get a small bonus of 125 - 150% door opening speed and both door are auto 25%? Yes the door spawns need to be modified. Once I was getting 1v1d by a nurse and the doors were right next to each other. How am I supposed to survive that situation long enough to get the door open? Answer: I didn't. I hid next to the door hoping for a window to open it and just ended up crouching behind a couple of barrels for 2 minutes. (This was KYF but still!)

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

Can you put it to you this way if it doesn't activate then what is to stop the last survivor from just going immersed not doing anything until the killer gets bored and disconnects.

If you had ever killed 3 people before two generators head been completed pre endgame collapse Hatch wouldn't have opened meaning the last survival would just hide instead of even just attempting to do another gen to make Hatch spawn.

This meant that if you didn't have whispers it is essentially turned into you playing an extended game of hide and seek across the whole map hoping that you're lucky enough to accidentally stumbled on them

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777
    edited September 2019
    Options

There's 1 end of the stick you guys are obviously ignoring. Survivors with keys just leave and make 1 or two survivors life a pain in the ass, it happens way too often. No, EGC should only activate if an exit gate is powered, not otherwise. Even if the gates were able to be powered, one at least will come out alive, the other one will probably be six feet under.

• HuntressIsMyFavXD
    HuntressIsMyFavXD Member Posts: 132
    Options
  • Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited September 2019
    Options

@DudeDelicious Totally different scenarios but I’ll bite.

The 5th gen had a potential to not be completed per the killer’s ability to map pressure and map awareness. So there is some control over it. Where the hatch spawns however, isn’t decided by survivors only by where the map rng decides it to spawn.

Again, I don’t even know how they compare to each other because they are two totally different things.

All I am asking for the spawn location of the hatch being next to the exit gate to change.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

No, what it does is prevent 40 min hatch standoffs.

You're also missing the point that you shouldnt BE ABLE to 1v1 the killer. Saying this prevents being able to have a 1v1 chance then becomes moot, because it's not a 1v1 game.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,288
    Options

The EGC is not meant for another chance for the last survivor to escape, its simply to end the game quicker.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

But then this leads to problems with immersed blendettes crouching in a corner for 30 minutes after hatch closed, which is the whole reason EGC was introduced