New to game/forums. Active devs?

Lusid
Lusid Member Posts: 12

Hello everyone, just got the game not long ago and so far am having a good time with it. 100% see being not only a killer main, but a killer only player. Did a few rounds as survivors (prey) to get two dailies out of the way for some quick blood and it was an okay/interesting experience. My main question though is are the developers active on these forums? I've seen plenty of games that have official forums for what seems to be simply because they think they should have them, but ignore them completely. No reading, no interaction, no posts (outside news posts or linking to their youtube videos), and no evidence that they even listen to the players at all.

So before i bother reading stuff and participating, would i be wasting my time here? Typically i only really come onto a game's official forums to see what's coming up or if there are major balance issues to see if it's just a perception issue or to see if they're actually aware of how the players view their game.

Comments

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,531
    edited July 2018

Sorta', yes and no.

If you look around, you'll notice there's little tags that say "Community Manager", "Dev" and such on some posts (if you click the tags, it'll jump to the post in that thread). Those will show you where devs have posted. They do post here occasionally, but they watch it far more often than they post. They lurk often.

Typically the way the devs will communicate is through dev streams, videos, and Q&As. This way it's much easier for people to find the answers to their questions rather than having to dig through countless threads. You can find the Q&As here, and the videos/streams here. (You can also catch them live here.)

But overall, yes, they are fairly active. You'll mostly see CMs, but questions and feedback are collected and they'll answer what they can.

• Lusid
    Lusid Member Posts: 12

That's nice to hear at least. I'm huge on balance discussions, i just spotted that subforum and it's likely to be where i spend most of my time. Not that i've had enough time in game to have a valid opinion on balance as of yet beyond what i've heard most people talk about a whole lot already. Thanks for the info and links.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

We talk to devs pretty regularly on discord, and when we have something relevant to say, they're around.
    At the moment, everyone is pretty much out of questions, so meh.
    Unless it's for asking something that has been asked hundreds of times already.