Is Dead by Daylight for Xbox one X good?

Hello! I want to buy a console (Xbox One X) and buy Dead by Daylight. What can you tell me about the game's performance, is it good? It's worth it? Sorry for bad english.

Comments

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

DbD doesn't have X enhancement. It runs just as bad as the regular xbox and looks exactly the same.

We are still waiting on the big fps fixes

• Easylife
    Easylife Member Posts: 163

The game runs great on X1X since 2.7 and it's about to get another "BIG" performance improvement this June with chapter 12 as per the roadmap.

The 2.7 update brought optimization improvements which on X1X sees survivor hitting 60fps and killer a little behind but it's BY FAR the best performance the game as seen in a long time.

I don't understand how anyone can think it runs badly on X1X at this point let alone compare it to the original Xbox One.

What do other X1X players think?

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824

Still runs like ######### on X depending on map and killer.

• Easylife
    Easylife Member Posts: 163

Another thing, "Xbox One X enhancement".

In a game that needs to run at a higher frame rate why would an "enhancement" patch be a GOOD thing?

Look at games like The Elder Scrolls Online where the enhancement patch gives higher resolutions and improves textures at the COST of frame rate.

PS4 Pro in boost mode at 1080p no enhancement runs ESO at a much better frame rate than X1X with the enhancement patch.

Fallout 4 is another example of the enhancement patch adding higher reolution and improved textures more trees etc again at the COST of frame rate which sees a lot of players using mods to revert the changes the "enhancement" patch brought.

Destiny 2 is another example, they didn't get the game to run at 60fps on X1X so they cap it at 30fps and "enhance" it making it often run lower than 30fps as a result due to the "enhancements"

If DBD got "X1X enhancements" such as 4k instead of 1080p and standard textures bring upgraded to higher quality ones do you really think the frame rate would go UP?

• Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272

This game does not have 4k support.

When you set 4k on pc you see little UI and almost unreadable text.

• xmidnitejokerx
    xmidnitejokerx Member Posts: 26

It runs great on Xbox one X, basically 60fps at all times as a survivor. Killer is a little different, certain powers and perks cause some frame drops. However, it has gotten better with each patch. Certain maps also run a little worse than others. But I have played 2000 hours split between a one x and an OG xbone and the difference is night and day.