Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Game Breaking Bug: Killer just slowly walks

bendermac
bendermac Member Posts: 772
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

I've enough of this BS bug. This is game breaking for me. A 115% Killer walks slower then Nurse and can't catch up with tier 3 bloodlust is just ridiculous. ######### B10? And no, this isn't my controller. It's your game!!! Why? Because my controller works perfectly fine in any OTHER game that I currently play. Only in YOUR game my Killer comes to a full stop. This is unacceptable and you guys, yet I've told you twice in the bug forum, do nothing.

DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: I had the same bug with SV and I had to swtich the Run and Crouch button to make work again. Wasn't fun to getting used to a new button layout :(

Comments

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

It's hard for them to fix a bug if they can't recreate it in testing, and considering you're the only person I've seen have this issue, they likely can't recreate it.

• bendermac

I'm not the only one. Friends of mine had similar problems. And no, they didn't get a new controller to fix. They got lucky and the bug vanished.

• bendermac

Here is a video of the problem. You can clearly see that the walking slows down and then speeds up a bit. Listen to the footsteps as well. This is not done by intentionally walking slow and fast. I kept pressing forward at max all the time.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Yeah, that's a you issue. Just tested it, no error.

• ClogWench

I know you said you have friends with that problem but if I'm being honest, I think it's a problem with your controller. I'd look into trying a different one cause I doubt it's a problem with the game.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

I play on pc and ps4, never had that issue

• ClogWench

It's especially likely your controller if you had it with both killer and survivor.

• bendermac

I just reset my controller settings and the problem is back for SV as well. If I press L1 to run , my char runs at full speed and then slows down to a little faster then walking.

it's highly unlikely that two buttons are faulty, which again only happens in this game.

• ClogWench

Is it possibly a problem with the controllers connection to your PC?

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

If on PS4... try to reinstall the game?

For PC - try to verify your files.

If that doesn't work then wow that's a very weird "bug" on their part/controller problems on yours

• bendermac

On PS4

Already reinstalled the game and reset all settings. Didn't help :(

• ClogWench

You're on PS4? Since when could you remap controls on console? I wasn't aware you could do that.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited June 2019

That's absolutely a controller issue. The stick deadzone. Top dead center is fading. Mine did it and I ONLY noticed it on CoD when my sprint continued to cancel and I'd walk.

Also, L1 isnt faulty. You're "stopping" for a moment as far as the controller can tell, so you cant sprint if you're not moving. If the controller doesnt recognize the direction, you cant move fast in that direction.

I would put money on the controller. Go to a gane with a large radial menu and spin it around. I bet you'll notice some spots between 11-2 o clock dont work right.

• pungent_stench
    pungent_stench Member Posts: 131

i believe it to be the controller as well. i've had this issue and it was such.