The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Once I get hooked it's over

HavelmomDaS1
HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

This is not a rant about the killer camping or tunneling. No no, it's a rant about solo Q teammates beeing absolute trash.

In nearly every match I feel like I'm the only one who can help my team winning and escaping. I feel like I'm the only one who makes smart decision, unhook at the right time or do gens at the right time, loop very long and use pallets or not use pallets.

Once I'M on the hook, the match is usually over for the team. My mates are playing like potatoes, losing control and can't do rational decisions. They are panicking and are running like chickens. It feels like beeing matched with rank 20s, while the game gives them red ranks.

It's like that I have to do 2 gens, find ruin and have to get chased first and run the killer at least 3+ minutes so my team mates even stand a chance.

I don't see how the harder pipping removed potatoes in red ranks, they still exist. To many for my taste.

Is swf the only solution to have good TEAM PLAY? Cuz I don't care much about ME escaping. I want good team play, I want to risk MY LIFE so others can escape. And not risk my life and still everyone dies.

Inb4 "DbD iSn'T a TeAm GaMe"

Comments

• Jesp
    Jesp Member Posts: 192
    edited June 2019

Unless you're not in SWF/know the other survivors from previous games, just do yourself a favor and assume they are sharing a grand total of like 60IQ between all of them. This way you'll be positively surprised when they actually do okay!

Even being in a duo helps immensely with this, at least you can know one survivor isn't crouching in a corner because they heard a heartbeat 30 seconds ago.

• HavelmomDaS1

But what this knowledge going to change about the gameplay? Good team play will not be there, and that's my issue. Yeah I could play Blendette and just escape every time with the hatch, but that's not fun at all for me. That's not why I play survivor.

I remember back then was a time when pipping as survivor was much more difficult and in red ranks u knew your mates are good. I had a lot of fun playing solo back then, the coordination and smart decision with your team mates while NOT communication at all was such a good feeling. We were going hand in hand into a match and out of a match, while we never met before. It was so beautiful, even when we all died. We knew we played good as a TEAM.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

survivor gameplay is dead

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

My teammates have been so bad lately.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Solo has taken a hit for me recently. teammates feel dumber and more immersed

Ive had to completely rework my solo build to make standing a chance easier. Kindred, small game iron will and adrenaline

shocking how even with kindred ill still see 2 separate survivors drop gens and try to come get me at the same time.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I'm literally rank 1 now and I'm paired with red rank killers, but purple rank potato teammates.

They don't know how to loop and all run urban evasion. This is why most people play swf because solo is horrible.

• Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800

Git Gud

You are stronger than you think you are

• HavelmomDaS1

Git gud at what? Dodging lobbys till I have decent mates?

• Jesp
    Jesp Member Posts: 192

@HavelmomDaS1 It doesn't change it at all sadly, it's just a somewhat cynical mindset that sets me up for positive surprised instead than negative ones.

And I assume you mean the period after they introduced different pipping requirements for different rank brackets, but before they made it easier because people found it too difficult? I personally didn't notice much difference then, but if it's too difficult sadly it impacts the queue times pretty horribly, especially for killers.

• Aiden0715
    Aiden0715 Member Posts: 24

Just dont die 4head

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I have played about 5 games over the past 2-3 weeks because of this. Queues take 5-10 minutes, half the time the killer will dodge and then when I do finally get into a game either a survivor DCs or my teammates are morons. I cannot play too much killer or too much survivor, I need to mix it up, so just playing killer until they fix matchmaking or get dedicated servers is not an option for me.

I'll come back for new content/events/double BP for a week or two, but until they make progress on their fixes to these issues, DBD is no longer a daily game for me. It's more frustrating than fun right now.

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
    edited June 2019

I was just speaking on this issue, they need to throw away this darn rank system and come up with something better. Not a rework, a whole new system. Too many times I get paired with people who don't know what they're doing and I have to suffer for it, especially during rank reset or people just Deranking.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited June 2019

I saw this yesterday, had a person with kindred on the hook, I saw 2 people going for it while I had a ruin gen 90%, why do they need 2 people wasting time for the save seriously...it’s sad how common it is even with kindred, now I get to watch 2 teammates crouch walk to the hook, beautiful.