Best jumpscare in-game?

Options
Here we will vote on which killer makes you jump the most?
•Myers pulling you off a geni
•Nurse surprise blinks
•Pigs ambush
•Running into a hag trap when everything is quiet
•Finding out it’s the trapper by stepping into a random trap
•Surprise billy from the corn
•Getting sniped from across the map by Anna
*BONUS* 
walking casually through a pallet as killer and a Claudette pops up and rekts your face

Comments

• DirtyNurseMain
    DirtyNurseMain Member Posts: 70
    Options
    I personally find walking into a hag trap, when you didn’t even know she was the killer, the scariest!
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,772
    Options

Michael just appearing out of nowhere on stalk mode and scaring the bejesus out of you.

• DirtyNurseMain
    DirtyNurseMain Member Posts: 70
    Options

Michael just appearing out of nowhere on stalk mode and scaring the bejesus out of you.

Do you know how many times I’ve nearly ######### myself because I rounded a corner and walked right into myers (literally lol)?!?
  • Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    Options

Tie between Myers yanking me off a gen and getting the surprise pallet to the face when I'm patrolling and not expecting anything. It's always a Feng that does it too. Damn her.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

As a Claudette the best thing was scaring the crap out of a killer by hiding in some bushes and he kept walking right past me while i was crouched. I was laughing so hard as they kept hunting for me in one small section of the map since they knew i was there i finally jumped up in front of him and started running. He never chased me again after that i think he was so shocked and the next time he saw me in the distance doing a gen he just turned and went the other direction.

Now I've basically had the same thing happen to me as a Trapper although it was Feng Min that did it to me, I kept hunting for her and someone else and then I couldn't move in this one dark area in between a bunch of trees. I thought game was frozen and I kept trying to move and couldn't and then I finally looked down and she was blocking us both in between the trees.

It was so funny because neither one of us could move that entire time and her back was too me, I finally hit her and backed up and let her escape. She was so cool and calm there it was totally earned in my book to be not olnl so sneaky but also so calm. It reminded me of when I did it above and she was probably laughing just as hard.

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Definitely the Claudette slamming a pallet on me! I remember I played grim pantry and I just got done hooking a survivor and there’s a pallet next to the killer shack (I was playing wraith and I was invisible) all of a sudden I get pallet slammed and I was like OH MY GOD I was so scared I had to remember I was the killer and get myself situated again
  • N3_
    N3_ Member Posts: 3
    Options
    I played a game yesterday on Lampkin Lane. I started repairing a gen and was watching my corners when a Dwight wearing the white beanie and blue jacket came outta nowhere. I thought he was Myers because all I saw was the colors. Made me shreak lmao. 
  • Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800
    Options

When a gen pops as a killer after a long period of silence should be on the list.

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Options
    You know you can get consistent gen grabs with pig by just standing up instead of ambush. 
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited July 2018
    Options
    When you walk past a pallet and a survivor just appears and slams it on your head for no reason.

Or when you play Huntress and want to grab a few hatchets and there is a survivor in a locker in a place where they have no business at.
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

Getting into an unexpected Trapper's trap is actually a huge jumpscare to me.

• GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460
    Options

The Hag's Trap, I almost ######### myself when I triggered it...

• Crucifixxed
    Crucifixxed Member Posts: 8
    Options

There is nothing more satisfying then stepping around the corner as Michaels and hauling that survivor to your play pen.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    Options
    Once I know a Myers is in a map I gain a quasi tolerance to him. However hag traps always map me jump if I'm focused on something.
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options
    Ninja Billy Chainsaw from Downtown. I literally threw my controller.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited July 2018
    Options

@DirtyNurseMain said:
    Here we will vote on which killer makes you jump the most?
    •Myers pulling you off a geni
    •Nurse surprise blinks
    •Pigs ambush
    •Running into a hag trap when everything is quiet
    •Finding out it’s the trapper by stepping into a random trap
    •Surprise billy from the corn
    •Getting sniped from across the map by Anna
    BONUS 
    walking casually through a pallet as killer and a Claudette pops up and rekts your face

P3 claudette jumping out of a black corner and hitting a pallet on my head has jumpscared me the most in DBD^^

• TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
    Options
    I still get scared sometimes by my own Doctor hallucinations I’ll be looking for that hidden survivor and- woah! Where’d you come from?? (The new poses for the hallucinations are great)
  • Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346
    Options

When you're in a tense moment hiding from the killer and the last gen goes off and it makes the blaring sound, scares the out of me.

Also, as a Hillbilly main, Ninja Chainsaws are the best. I love going from one side to the next and hitting someone on the gate switch.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,055
    Options

The random pallet drop from a Survivor I didnt know was there is the only thing that has ever startled me even slightly in DBD.
    Killers aint scary in the slightest. Even Shattered Mirror Shape/Jumpscare Myers is just like "oh hey, didnt see you there, I am going to leave now, good luck catching me with low speed, near-nil lunge range, and no bloodlust."

• WolfPad06
    WolfPad06 Member Posts: 182
    Options

As far as cheap jumpscares I would say Hag Traps, but if we're talking just pure unnerving terror I'd say Mikey boy at tier one just slurping up that EW as you work on a gen before pulling you off. Not to mention being chased by him and suddenly hearing that damned Halloween jingle and watching him raising him knife, thinking "alright I'm completely beaned here".

• deathdoer1
    deathdoer1 Member Posts: 87
    Options

My favorite thing to do is play nurse with insidious and noed. I play the game normal until 1 gen is left then go to an exit gate and blink through it. Wait on the side where the lever is. Survivor opens the door and goes to walk through. SURPRISE M***** F*****. Insta down lol. I've gotten plenty of messages from survivors over needing to change under garments.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

I vote for starting a lobby only to see 4 Dwight wearing red shirts and all carrying flashlights...shudder

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    Options

My favorite thing to do is play nurse with insidious and noed. I play the game normal until 1 gen is left then go to an exit gate and blink through it. Wait on the side where the lever is. Survivor opens the door and goes to walk through. SURPRISE M***** F*****. Insta down lol. I've gotten plenty of messages from survivors over needing to change under garments.

Omg I think I’ve played against you before! And yes! That was VERY scary I remember I was about to walk out the gate and the gate opens and boom you’re there and I was down on the floor I was like #########
  • Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    Options
    You can always tell when you scare someone on a keyboard when they do this weird stutter step as though their hands shifted keys quickly. Had that happen yesterday to a poor Jake that didn't realize he was walking next to my crouched Pig lol.
  • The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474
    Options

For me it's the Pig crouch-walking right past you without noticing you when you didn't even know it was the Pig yet.

• Sn0wJob
    Sn0wJob Member Posts: 247
    Options

Popping into the basement to save your friend, only to find bubba insidious camping

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited July 2018
    Options

I'm doing my usual stream with the usual 2 regulars. I was survivor and had rolled Lery's as our map.

I was answering a question from one of the viewers as a meg quietly stepped out a locker. I interrupted my distracted chain of thought to say "Hi Meg" just as I triggered a hag trap....

For months, the guys would never let me live that down - they always entered the stream saying "Oh hi meg OMFG JESUS CHRIST!!"

I kinda wish they had clipped that to be honest. I'm just glad I didn't have the camera back then. I nearly fell out of my chair from that scare.

• Kasies
    Kasies Member Posts: 66
    Options
    Sn0wJob said:

Popping into the basement to save your friend, only to find bubba insidious camping

Yes omfg! Had that happen to me once! Avoiding the basement ever since :scream:
  • DoctorHermanCarter
    DoctorHermanCarter Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Walking around a corner just to run into Myers, running for your life and looking behind you just to realize that Myers was with his back to you and didn‘t even see you
  • Boxohobo
    Boxohobo Member Posts: 50
    Options

At the very beginning of the match when you don't know who the killers is and you've found a gen. I usually start panning the camera around to make sure I'm clear and there have been times where Myers is just RIGHT behind me and I run shrieking from my gen.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options
    When you’re repairing a generator and you see Feng walking behind and you think it was either the Pig crouching or Myers stalking you.
  • HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Options
    The pig jump scares me a lot when I’m looking around and she creeps up around a corner . Like f’n hell. 
  • snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776
    Options

hag traps.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

Once I died and then stats of the match opened. After I look through it, I decided to became a spectrator. And then this ######### happened to me.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,772
    Options

@Rattman said:
    Once I died and then stats of the match opened. After I look through it, I decided to became a spectrator. And then this ######### happened to me.

Oh my god lol. Terrifying.