If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

If death isn't an escape....is living an escape?

Options
Thatbrownmonster
Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

Soo to truly escape the entity realm you need to live?

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    edited March 2021
    Options

This is an endless cycle of the entitiy. You can die, live - doesn't matter. You still have hope.

Post edited by Milo on
  • GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    It’s just like a killstreak, gotta get that tactical nuke
  • Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543
    Options

simple lore:
    there are two escapes: hope and despair
    in despair you escape by becoming killer
    in hope your escape is struggle as survivor
    death will not unbind you from entity

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options

It would be cool if they set it up that if you beat every killer in a row, or kill every survivor with each killer that you get a special video ending for that killer/survivor. :D

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Options
    Good question. Living is not an escape either I guess, since the chase keep repeating again and again. It should be "There is no escape". But death is not an escape sounds kinda cooler.
  • Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

Devs also hinted, that there is real escape. There is some sequence of things, which allow survivors escape for real. Lorewise, of course.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Rattman said:

Devs also hinted, that there is real escape. There is some sequence of things, which allow survivors escape for real. Lorewise, of course.

OMG I want to know this would be sooo cool
  • Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
    edited September 2018
    Options

@Rattman said:

When did they say that? If so that gives me hope that one day the Survivors and Killers can go back to their daily lives! I think The Entity would have to be destroyed or something to in order to free everyone. Or, there might be a way that our survivors can find the realm where Benedict and the Lost Tape Survivors are.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

@Salty_Pearl написал:

@Rattman said:

When did they say that? If so that gives me hope that one day the Survivors and Killers can go back to their daily lives! I think The Entity would have to be destroyed or something to in order to free everyone. Or, there might be a way that our survivors can find the realm where Benedict and the Lost Tape Survivors are.

Check 27-th question here

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

Soo to truly escape the entity realm you need to live?

No the entity trolls us all
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

living = suffering and death = the release of all your suffering and final peace
    but not in the entitys realm!
    since the entity never lets you escape it, no matter weather you live or die,
    living = suffering and death = more suffering

• SanKa_Games
    SanKa_Games Member Posts: 201
    Options

I think you misunderstood the meaning of this phrase. It means that EVEN death won't help you escape. It means, that you're stuck here. Forever. Have fun ^_^!

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    edited September 2018
    Options

Or... maybe death is not an escape, but neither is life because the survivors are actually all dead in the physical world. Death is the prison in which the Entity holds them. Maybe this is some Gantz type of ######### where the survivors did indeed die and the Entity holds their consciousness in this eternal game of fear and pain, but if they meet certain requirements, the Entity will grant them a second chance at life and release them.

• FinLadd
    FinLadd Member Posts: 190
    Options

Or... maybe death is not an escape, but neither is life because the survivors are actually all dead in the physical world. Death is the prison in which the Entity holds them. Maybe this is some Gantz type of ######### where the survivors did indeed die and the Entity holds their consciousness in this eternal game of fear and pain, but if they meet certain requirements, the Entity will grant them a second chance at life and release them.

Maybe too deep ######### for a game
  • TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    Options
    FinLadd said:

Maybe too deep ######### for a game
    Games are a legitimate form of storytelling and artistic narrative just like movies or books. I wouldn't doubt it too much lol. 

But in all likelihood, the devs are still putting together the lore themselves and it likely isnt completely thought out yet.
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

Living is a torment

• hatchking
    hatchking Member Posts: 312
    Options

I like this theory

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,849
    Options

Nothing instills more fear and despair than a drop of genuine hope, for if one cannot achieve it they were never good enough; nobody wants to realise they aren't good enough.

Yet if the escape is possible (even if it is 0.00000001%), there is hope no matter how unlikely. If escape were impossible The Entity would not have enough sustinance. It must expend a lot of energy snatching people, so those it picks must be full of hope.

Basically, even if BHVR hadn't have said, I would say that there is an escape, but I wonder if The Entity knows about it and allows it because it wouldn't survive otherwise. After all, the tag line says: "Death is not an escape", not "There is no escape".

• Yarheeguy
    Yarheeguy Member Posts: 101
    Options

If you consider losing all of your emotions and being in an endless limbo dimension for all eternity an escape...

then yes.