If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Killer idea: The Archangel

Options

OK, so i'm gonna take a stab at a killer concept here, it isn't perfect but if the devs liked the idea they obviously would tweak it to the way it needs to be. So without further a do.... The Archangel!

Name: Evelyn Adams-The Archangel
Speed: 115% m/s
Terror Radius: 32 Meters
Weapon: Cross Blade, A slender but razor sharp sword with a metallic cross hanging from the hilt

Backstory: ( Shortened for easy reading )

Religious woman who has an abusive husband, she goes to church everyday for comfort and one night gets sexually assaulted at the church ( dark I know ). She goes home after the ordeal and her husband immediately starts to abuse her, she takes an antique blade from the fireplace and kills him. She carves a cross into his chest in hopes that God will see it, she hears faint voices in her head to go to the church tomorrow. The next day she heads back to the church with the blade and massacres everybody there believing the voice to be God telling her to do it. After it is over, she kneels and prays for more guidance, and black tendrils envelop her and she becomes the Archangel in the Entity's realm.

Power: Ascendence/Penance/Absolution

Begin the match with the Penance ability. A lash whip that when it makes contact with a survivor drags them back towards you for 6 Meters. Penance has a range of 12 Meters, but if it misses has a cooldown of 2 seconds.
Hook each survivor once to reach Ascendence, A powerful angelic form.
During Ascendence, Penance is changed to Absolution.
Absolution allows The Archangel to glide infinitely at 125% m/s. She must stop gliding in order to attack.
Absolution has a 3 second start up time. Bloodlust cannot build once you have triggered Ascendence
During Ascendence, The Archangel breaks pallets 50% quicker and her lunge attack moves 40% faster.

Perks: Hex: Genesis, Obsession: Prophet, Repent

Hex: Genesis

While this hex is active, ALL generators that have progression, but are not currently being worked on, will rapidly regress back to 20/10/0% completion.

Obsession: Prophet

Become obsessed with one survivor. Each time you hit your obsession, 1/2/3 survivors auras are revealed to you for 2/3/4 seconds.

Repent:

When a survivor is hooked, the closest pallet is dropped and revealed to you. This effect only applies the first time 2/3/4 survivors are hooked.

Add-ons: ( ideas )

Ultra-rare: Holy Relic.
Reduces the number of survivors needed to be hooked to activate Ascendence by 1
Ultra-rare: Angel Feather.
Movement speed gains from Absolution go from 125% to 130%

Summary

The idea behind this killer is to start out quite weak, but once you reach ascendence becomes a massive prescence on the game from her speed abilities.
I hope you enjoyed this idea, let me know what you think!

Comments

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options

OK, so i'm gonna take a stab at a killer concept here, it isn't perfect but if the devs liked the idea they obviously would tweak it to the way it needs to be. So without further a do.... The Archangel!

Weapon: Cross Blade, A slender but razor sharp sword with a metallic cross hanging from the hilt

Religious woman who has an abusive husband, she goes to church everyday for comfort and one night gets sexually assaulted at the church ( dark I know ). She goes home after the ordeal and her husband immediately starts to abuse her, she takes an antique blade from the fireplace and kills him. She carves a cross into his chest in hopes that God will see it, she hears faint voices in her head to go to the church tomorrow. The next day she heads back to the church with the blade and massacres everybody there believing the voice to be God telling her to do it. After it is over, she kneels and prays for more guidance, and black tendrils envelop her and she becomes the Archangel in the Entity's realm.

Begin the match with the Penance ability. A lash whip that when it makes contact with a survivor drags them back towards you for 6 Meters. Penance has a range of 12 Meters, but if it misses has a cooldown of 2 seconds.
    Absolution allows The Archangel to glide infinitely at 125% m/s. She must stop gliding in order to attack.
    Absolution has a 3 second start up time. Bloodlust cannot build once you have triggered Ascendence
    During Ascendence, The Archangel breaks pallets 50% quicker and her lunge attack moves 40% faster.

While this hex is active, ALL generators that have progression, but are not currently being worked on, will rapidly regress back to 20/10/0% completion.

Become obsessed with one survivor. Each time you hit your obsession, 1/2/3 survivors auras are revealed to you for 2/3/4 seconds.

Repent:

When a survivor is hooked, the closest pallet is dropped and revealed to you. This effect only applies the first time 2/3/4 survivors are hooked.

Summary

The idea behind this killer is to start out quite weak, but once you reach ascendence becomes a massive prescence on the game from her speed abilities.

Sounds cool, broken mechanics through, retracting survivors towards you and 2 second cool down? That's a regular hit cool down pretty much. Also the gliding and fast movement for so long, they did say no flying killers ever so I wonder how they would put a take on this. Be dope to this in game though. They probably wouldnt put sexual assault stuff in there.
  • Dabrownman1812
    Options

Repent:

Summary

Sounds cool, broken mechanics through, retracting survivors towards you and 2 second cool down? That's a regular hit cool down pretty much. Also the gliding and fast movement for so long, they did say no flying killers ever so I wonder how they would put a take on this. Be dope to this in game though. They probably wouldnt put sexual assault stuff in there.
    Perks are amazing though, good job on the lore and perks/powers!
  • Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    Options

@IronWolf115

Very nice power and perks ideas, i would like to see something like this in the game. Of course with her power tweaked because it looks a little op. Nice backstory too.

@Dabrownman1812

They really did say something about no flying killers? I never hear that :( . Anyway with what Ironwolf describes it won't be a killer that could fly very hight. @IronWolf115 It would be a glide maybe slighty higher than a corn field?

• Dabrownman1812
    Options
    Irisora said:

@IronWolf115

Very nice power and perks ideas, i would like to see something like this in the game. Of course with her power tweaked because it looks a little op. Nice backstory too.

@Dabrownman1812

They really did say something about no flying killers? I never hear that :( . Anyway with what Ironwolf describes it won't be a killer that could fly very hight. @IronWolf115 It would be a glide maybe slighty higher than a corn field?

Yeah, killers powers were tested at random wayyy back and they tested a flying killer (devs said on a stream), so what I meant is would this classify as flying in their eyes? 
  • IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    IronWolf115 said:

Repent:

Summary

Yeah I mean like I say it's really just a template for them to work with if they so choose. Just to clarify the flying is actually more like a hover ( similar to Nurse ). Thank you so much for the feedback!

• IronWolf115
    Options

@Irisora said:
    @IronWolf115

@Dabrownman1812

Yes to be honest not even as hight as the corn field, maybe slightly higher than Nurse? Thank you so much for the feedback!

• Dabrownman1812
    Options

@Irisora said:
    @IronWolf115

@Dabrownman1812

Yes to be honest not even as hight as the corn field, maybe slightly higher than Nurse? Thank you so much for the feedback!

Sounds cool!
  • VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,152
    Options

I like the idea of this.
    The game is rated M, so I don't think they'd be worried about sexual assault cases. I mean, Philip (the Wraith) literally beat his boss's skull until nothing was left but "a wet mass of red flesh", so a sexually assaulted character wouldn't be far from my disbelief. The backstory is really nice though.
    Ability wise, as everyone else has said, Penance is a little overpowered, but would defiantly separate her from the others. When I first read it, I read only hooking one Survivor to gain Ascendance, so I saw that as way too powerful. Reading it again though, considering how hard it can be to hook all Survivors once, that isn't all THAT overpowered. Bloodlust isn't exactly reliable, so it not building up during Absolution isn't that major, the speed doesn't seem bad, and I think every Killer main would like to be able to break pallets easier. The lunge just seems a little powerful and would get Survivors angry REALLY fast.
    Hex: Genesis is a bit much. Maybe have Tier 3 go to 5% or something along those lines, but going down to 0% is just a bit overpowered for the low level perk.
    Prophet: I think this one is a bit situational. If all the other survivors are close by, then it is really nice. Otherwise, there's not much point in it because you are still chasing or just downing your Obsession. Cool idea, but I think it should do a little more. Unless you're Nurse or really want to mess with people.
    Repent: Not really feeling this one. Unless I was the Doctor with illusionary pallets, I wouldn't really use this perk. Unless it's there for a decent length of time (you didn't specify time), I don't see any use in it.
    Overall though, I really like the idea, I was just saying a few criticisms that were in my head right now. Can I also say that I think for a mori she would "pray" to the Entity (who she still thinks is God) to absolve the Survivor's sins before brutally stabbing them. I think that wold tie in to her backstory and role as the Archangel very nicely.

• IronWolf115
    Options

@VolantConch1719 said:
    I like the idea of this.
    The game is rated M, so I don't think they'd be worried about sexual assault cases. I mean, Philip (the Wraith) literally beat his boss's skull until nothing was left but "a wet mass of red flesh", so a sexually assaulted character wouldn't be far from my disbelief. The backstory is really nice though.
    Ability wise, as everyone else has said, Penance is a little overpowered, but would defiantly separate her from the others. When I first read it, I read only hooking one Survivor to gain Ascendance, so I saw that as way too powerful. Reading it again though, considering how hard it can be to hook all Survivors once, that isn't all THAT overpowered. Bloodlust isn't exactly reliable, so it not building up during Absolution isn't that major, the speed doesn't seem bad, and I think every Killer main would like to be able to break pallets easier. The lunge just seems a little powerful and would get Survivors angry REALLY fast.
    Hex: Genesis is a bit much. Maybe have Tier 3 go to 5% or something along those lines, but going down to 0% is just a bit overpowered for the low level perk.
    Prophet: I think this one is a bit situational. If all the other survivors are close by, then it is really nice. Otherwise, there's not much point in it because you are still chasing or just downing your Obsession. Cool idea, but I think it should do a little more. Unless you're Nurse or really want to mess with people.
    Repent: Not really feeling this one. Unless I was the Doctor with illusionary pallets, I wouldn't really use this perk. Unless it's there for a decent length of time (you didn't specify time), I don't see any use in it.
    Overall though, I really like the idea, I was just saying a few criticisms that were in my head right now. Can I also say that I think for a mori she would "pray" to the Entity (who she still thinks is God) to absolve the Survivor's sins before brutally stabbing them. I think that wold tie in to her backstory and role as the Archangel very nicely.

Man ( or woman ) thank you for the feedback! I understand what you mean about Hex: Genesis, I will always say that this is really just a template for the devs to look at.
    Prophet is exactly like you say, situational. I designed it like that so that it wouldn't be considered a COMPLETE counter to stealth. Originally it was going to be that after you kicked a generator you would see the survivor that last worked on it but I thought that that killed stealth a bit too much.
    I just want to make sure that you understand what Repent is, when each survivor is hooked for the first time ( Like BBQ ) it will physically drop the nearest pallet so you could break it. I did this because it would come to a total of 4 less pallets that the survivors can use so I find it pretty strong, but I understand everybody has their own take on a perk's effectiveness.
    Again thank you so much for taking the time to look though!

P.S. I like your Mori idea, I originally thought of it to be what she did to her husband where she carves a cross into you chest and then plunges the sword into you. Both of these are cool ideas!

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,152
    edited July 2018
    Options

@IronWolf115 said:

@VolantConch1719 said:
    I like the idea of this.

I just want to make sure that you understand what Repent is, when each survivor is hooked for the first time ( Like BBQ ) it will** physically drop the nearest pallet so you could break it. **I did this because it would come to a total of 4 less pallets that the survivors can use so I find it pretty strong, but I understand everybody has their own take on a perk's effectiveness.
    Again thank you so much for taking the time to look though!

P.S. I like your Mori idea, I originally thought of it to be what she did to her husband where she carves a cross into you chest and then plunges the sword into you. Both of these are cool ideas!

Okay, that makes a bit more sense then. Thanks for the clarification.

Huh, that bold text didn't work.

• WolfPad06
    WolfPad06 Member Posts: 182
    Options

I can see you put a lot of effort into this! I really like the general idea of it, do believe a lot of tweaks would be necessary for balance and whatnot but solid concept.