The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Year 4 Killers

Let's take some heat off the devs and Ghost Face for a moment and start thinking about what other killers are lined up for Year 4.

What does everyone think Behaviour have planned? What would you like to see? More licenced or more originals?

Now's the perfect time to start talking about what we want from Killers because the devs are listening.

For licenced killers I'd love to see The Exorcist, Jason, Jeepers Creepers, Chucky, Predator or Xenomorph. If they added Jeepers Creepers he could have a jumping / flying ability which gets him round the map quicker. Similar to Spirit, Legion or Billy but airborne.

For original killers I'd love to see a Werewolf and an Alien. Would be good for them to start adding more horror entities. Also a haunted Posessed Doll / Puppet. Not sure what their powers could be. Alien could have a ray gun or teleport abilities. Werewolf can have a scent tracking ability.

On a separate note, it would be jokes if they added Shaggy from Scooby-Doo as survivor characters.

Comments

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

I had an idea for a crossover killer from White Noise 2, of which I'll make a post about sooner or later.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833

Keepers Creepers is the one franchise they said they would never do.

• Redd

I meant Jeepers Creepers stupid autocorrect

• BoredByDaylight
    BoredByDaylight Member Posts: 113

Fair enough, would be cool to play as him but i'd rather they did Exorcist, imagine spider walking around the maps.

• Redd

The license holder did some bad things. Let’s just leave it at that.

• Redd

Pinhead, Chucky, and the remake Jason are the biggest licenses left.

• GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460

I don't think they'll get Jason cuz he's already have his own game, if they DO, that's gonna cost a lot of money for just a character

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

True

• Redd

Movie rights are complicated. No one has made a game with the remake Jason’s yet.

• Redd

I'm no longer on a phone, so I can explain a bit better.

Old Friday the 13th, including "classic" Jason, is currently owned by 3 separate entities and makes the Scream license look easy to get by comparison. There is currently little to no chance they get to make the older Jasons into a DBD character unless 3 separate groups all decide they can make enough money off of it to stop being stubborn. Unlikely.

The 2009 Remake Jason on the other hand, while not being the Jason everyone wants the most, is a less complicated affair that they could theoretically get their hands on. But it's just as likely/unlikely as a whole bunch of other horror icons.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

The Tank from L4D.

But i'm not hopeful anymore.

• Rigbeta
    Rigbeta Member Posts: 182

I like their theme of the Killers all sharing former humanity. An Alien or Demon would just look so silly in this style of game. A mortal that the entity has "punished" or kidnapped in the process of severe bodily anguish could account for a devilish appearance (Similar to The Hag's withered, gangrenous body). Licensed Killers are also rather boring in all honesty because they're just re-hashes that keep appearing time and time again instead of new or original ideas. I'd much prefer a character inspired by classic killers as opposed to just tossing in Jason or something.

How they handled The Ghost is an excellent example of them using the character's classic inspiration for their own idea. The mask is the same, and his power gives a similar vibe, but he's more of an homage instead of just being the Killers from Scream.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

I have no hope for the future of killers right now considering the current direction they are going with the Plague and The Ghost(Face). I feel like they are going to be extremly underpowered and cater to 'fun' for survivors.

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810

You're working on a gen and you here this ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgTaPJRa4PE )start playing. Wyd?

• SKORPIONIC
    SKORPIONIC Member Posts: 2

Oh, lets just have Oderus Urungus in there. Make it happen!

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    edited June 2019

They said that jason wont be in the game if im not mistaken they said that the trapper its jason in the game and i will say it agsin jason wont be in this game cuz they already have hes own game yes we got LF alot of ppl really want LF in this game but jason will not unless they pay alot and i mean it alot of money to male jason they could make only hes mask and make theyre own cosmetic similar than GF but theres like 0000.1% of jason be in this game

Post edited by Tru3Lemon on
  • Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447
    edited June 2019

I think a Lycan would be pretty cool for an original killer.

• Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272

Angela Franklin from Night of the Demons.

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607

Im tired of hearing that people want Chucky. What will be next? Plankton? With Spongebob as survivor?

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

Candyman with mirrors to teleport to and amazing bee powers to slow down the game.

Some killer with some sort of chain play. I would love to smack a survivor with a heavy chain or "thresh hook" a survivor. First whip just injures the survivor. Injured(exposed) survivors get dragged towards the killer, before his feet.

Some spooky sound based killer that would require the survivors to shut up and listen to it's environment.

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696

I've always thought it would be really cool if they added a killer that could disguise his or herself as one of the 4 survivors, With matching cosmetics of the survivors as well. And the killer can reveal himself whenever he wants but how the survivors spot him/her by the way he acts just ever so slightly different, Or if he runs into the survivor he is disguised as. Maybe even getting rid of that survivor entirely for a short time and that said survivor has to get out of a freddy like dream world that has ways out, but getting out just takes a bit. But then again swf's is a huge issue when it comes to a killer like this and I don't see BHVR changing or getting rid of swf's for just one killer, But it has always sounded really fun for both killer and survivor

• Redd

@Tru3Lemon

Well I finally found something on a transcript of one of the devstreams. It may not be real because people can always lie about what the devs said, but the last time they were asked about Jason they supposedly said:

"No... not yet! I mean he'd just fit right in!" and "Sometimes when licensing characters we have licensors who are not so interested but then we have licensors who are super interested but their characters don't necessarily work within our universe and so it's a conversation."

I know Not Queen also said during the Year 2 that Jason always has an open invitation to join the game, so I am under the impression that the devs would certainly add him if they got the reasonable chance.

@Snikers

I was thinking of asymmetrical horror games when I said that and forgot about MKX.

@Ksoni

It's disingenuous to compare one of the easily top 10 slasher icons of all time to Spongebob. People want Chucky because of his iconic status in the genre.

@FishFry247

You nailed it on the head. This is one of those ideas that everyone really likes up until we start discussing SWF and everyone's like "well that sucks then."

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

The exorcist? What is that a little girl tied to a floating bed?

• AshleyWB

2020 Chinese year of the rat

Maybe a rat man with a sewers map. Could have been abandoned by his parents as a kid and fell into the sewers where he was raised by some rats like their own. Would be an early spring killer probably. Just an idea off of the top of my mind.

Remember there are no 'small' sized killers yet. Maybe Chucky or the leprechaun.

• AshleyWB

WE WANT SCISSORMAN!!!

ok ok I want SCISSORMAN...and Alien but don't mention that one because it's very divisive.

• Pike_Trickfoot
    Pike_Trickfoot Member Posts: 437

Um, who's Scissorman?

Oh god please don't do leprechaun. I still have nightmares.

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696

Yea it would be a hard approach for the developers. Maybe just have the killer opt out of any swf groups? Idk. But I wish bhvr would have a larger team to address things like this. hell maybe even make it possible to get certain developers tools so the community can make maps killers survivors and perks they want to. That is a lot to ask for but modding tools have proved more than once that it can keep a game a community going for years

• AshleyWB

Exactly he's a old video game killer early PS1 games, easy license to get. Could bring a university map which would be cool and he has an enormous pair of scissors.

• AshleyWB

SCISSORMAN could be that killer that can hide in lockers and pop out from under an unbroken pallet or even out of a barrel.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,442

Now that chapters aren't required to be killer+survivor+map anymore it's entirely possible that the remaining three chapters won't have killers, just survivors

• Pike_Trickfoot
    Pike_Trickfoot Member Posts: 437

@AshleyWBHe looks hella fun (just looked him up like a scrub). Not really scary, but definitely a riot.

• AshleyWB

SCISSORMAN has his own funky chase music too which would be insane. Those who have no idea who he is will be sh**ing yourselves.

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478

A beast type killer would be cool, or their original take on some og monsters like werewolves, vampires etc.

• AshleyWB
    edited June 2019

The Ice cream lady/man (comes with choice of gender)

Drives a van around and...runs over survivors while shouting abuse at them.

Insults are like what old people would say. Things like "stupid millennials" "Back in my day we had to go to the store for ice-cream you lazy f*ck" "get outta the wayyyyy"etc.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

@TreemanXD - If we have Pac-Man, I want 4 survivors, Inky, Pink, Blinky and Clyde.

Wait, is DBD just a Pac-Man rip-off? Another 1 vs 4 Asymmetrical chase game. Pac-Man's the killer, the ghosts are survivors. The survivors were the bad guys all along - I KNEW it!

I feel so dumb not realising this earlier.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I believe it's only a matter of time before those who own Jason will come around and let him be in the game. This game isn't going away anytime soon, despite what the doomsayers would have you believe.

I've been asking for a dollmaker/puppetmaster type killer for a long time as it fits into one of my own personal fears, and I've suggested a couple variants to it in the past. If we can't get Chucky, I'd settle for dolls or puppets that cling to my back or spy on me for the killer.

There's been more than one time that we've for a DBD version of Samara (The Ring) or Alma Wade (F.E.A.R.). At one time I hoped the Spirit would fit that vibe - but it's not quite right (The Spirit is a damn fine killer Aesthetically though, don't get me wrong)

• Redd

Could you imagine turning around to see the grudge stalking you? Would be way worse than Myers.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited June 2019

I'd love a werewolf type killer with their own twist on it. Like an entity touched beast.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

I'd hope to have one killer worth a damn.

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742

You know Cote said they won't do anything but bipedal killers because its "expensive" which ironically limits creativity. Although when your main threat is a killer that used with two or three keys or buttons then you see the limit of their game design.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    edited June 2019

Why the people don't want candyman in the game?

• TerminatorGuy
    TerminatorGuy Member Posts: 434

The main killers/chapters that would be cool imo are Pinhead, the Xenomorph, remake 2009 Jason and mainly Candyman.

• Niitosky
    Niitosky Member Posts: 329

in my opinion, the next killer will be pinhead

• MathewMii
    MathewMii Member Posts: 62

My votes goes towards a werewolf and a killer doll.