What Do Killers Want?

There are a lot of killers who post on the Steam forums that pallet looping needs to be removed/limited (and I agree!).

However, I’ve also read some hateful comments from killers about survivors playing stealthy and completing the objectives without the killer being able to find any of them, which makes them a “pussy (cat)”.

I don’t know about anyone else, but for me, I’d much prefer enter a trial as the killer and have survivors play in a stealthy way than have them jump out in a look-at-me-look-at-me-chase-me-catch-me-if-you-can way. 

What about you? Do you prefer survivors who want to run you around the place while the others do the generators, or would you prefer survivors who stay hidden and complete the objectives? To me, survivors who are loud are just annoying and are looking to die.

Comments

• ObscuredbyFog
    ObscuredbyFog Member Posts: 94

Looping and chasing as it is is in the survivors favor if they are good. This is a detriment to a 4 Vs 1 game. Bloodlust should be buffed, not removed or made into a perk. Be a smart survivor and don't be found to begin with!

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405

Personally It's up to that killers style. I hate having games where people hide in corners and nothing happens so I play a full tracking Doc. I wish chases were a bit less in the survivors favor but I honestly enjoy it more then the survivors falling asleep at their keyboards. Gen speeds need to be fixed if chases are going to be that long however.

• Setsune
    Setsune Member Posts: 71

Well, ideally both ways should be viable.

Some people like to be bold and "tackle" the killer, others not so much and just do gens.
    This is a really hard game to balance, i feel sorry for the Devs.

The fear factor is inverted sometimes, when i see 4 man premade with flashlights in the lobby i already know how the match is going to be, pallet looping, decisive strike, flashlight fiesta and crouch spam.
    I honestly fear SWF as a Killer and i shouldn't.

So yeah, running from or hidding from, Killers should be feared.

• ObscuredbyFog
    ObscuredbyFog Member Posts: 94

It is a hard pill to swallow for the devs for sure. And I do empathize with them. But I feel the Killers need more awe and less awww.

• boogiewoogie
    boogiewoogie Member Posts: 32

I love the games where I see none of them for ages. Or just a glimpse, scratches etc
    As each gen pops the playing field gets smaller. Love it.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

@HUNGRY_AS_A_HIPPY said:
    However, I’ve also read some hateful comments from killers about survivors playing stealthy and completing the objectives without the killer being able to find any of them, which makes them a “pussy (cat)”.

Let's face it... part of the enjoyment is finding people and chasing them.

I played super stealthy trying to get to Rank 1 and I've had people complain about Urban Evasion or being "immersed Claudette". > @ObscuredbyFog said:

Looping and chasing as it is is in the survivors favor if they are good. This is a detriment to a 4 Vs 1 game. Bloodlust should be buffed, not removed or made into a perk. Be a smart survivor and don't be found to begin with!

And completely miss out on an entire emblem and 8000 BP? :/

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

I love a game where survivors can stealth me the entire game.

• Samantha
    Samantha Member Posts: 20

If survivors can stealth the whole game it's a good game. I'm being out-smarted and that makes me want to be a better killer. What I hate is when I get looped by 1 survivor the whole game who enjoys pallet dropping on my beautiful face and teabagging afterwards.

• HUNGRY_AS_A_HIPPY
    HUNGRY_AS_A_HIPPY Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2018
    Just to clarify, by “stealth”, I mean actually doing objectives, not just crouching along hugging the wall doing nothing.
  • HUNGRY_AS_A_HIPPY
    HUNGRY_AS_A_HIPPY Member Posts: 49

@HUNGRY_AS_A_HIPPY said:

Let's face it... part of the enjoyment is finding people and chasing them.

I played super stealthy trying to get to Rank 1 and I've had people complain about Urban Evasion or being "immersed Claudette". 

Exactly. Stealth is the way I play when I enter a trial, and I’ve had killers call me a “pussy” because I wasn’t out there being all look-at-me-look-at-me. I mean, if you want me to loop you through 5 gens then just say so, lmao.

• Skydom
    Skydom Member Posts: 22

Hey I have a problem, when I make a killer lobby loads of people join (playing as killer) But! when I try and join a lobby as survivor (Playing as survivor) I don't get a single match, (Cant find a match) Dead by daylight does not even tell me that I cant find a lobby, so I have to leave the game open it up again just to do things, Please help me I don't want to play killer all the time.

• Abyssionknight
    Abyssionknight Member Posts: 69

I honestly don't know what the best solution is.

When I've played killer against good survivors, it feels frustrating and like I have to rely on them to make mistakes, or I have to out smart them, if I want to catch them, rather than them having to out smart me to escape.

At the same time though, playing a very stealthy match isn't really that fun. It can feel satisfying to avoid the killer with LOS, but only for so long. It also feels really bad to know you have no chance at survival.

I personally don't want a world where looping is gone and every killer is at the power level of the Nurse. There's a reason most killer's don't play her, and that's because it's not much of a challenge once you're good at her. If all the killers are like that, then it won't feel satisfying to play Survivor, or Killer.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@HUNGRY_AS_A_HIPPY said:
    There are a lot of killers who post on the Steam forums that pallet looping needs to be removed/limited (and I agree!).

I don’t know about anyone else, but for me, I’d much prefer enter a trial as the killer and have survivors play in a stealthy way than have them jump out in a look-at-me-look-at-me-chase-me-catch-me-if-you-can way. 

What about you? Do you prefer survivors who want to run you around the place while the others do the generators, or would you prefer survivors who stay hidden and complete the objectives? To me, survivors who are loud are just annoying and are looking to die.

The real solution would be to allow some room for MINDGAMES to pallets.
    Make the mindgames to be survivor/killer favored depending on the position, to balance it out, but still. It has to leave a room for prediction and moreso : SKILL.

Stealth isn't quite looked down by the majority of killer players. The only bad thing about stealth is when survivors are simply hiding while not accomplishing anything for an extended period of time (Or holding the game hostage when you're the last survivor left)

That's why I think there should be WAY more vision blocking obstacles in the game, both for stealth purpose, and mindgame purpose for both the killer and survivor, because at the moment, more than half the pallets do allow full vision on the killer, allowing survivor to simply react accordingly and instantly to the killer's movement, rather than having to predict and actually make CHOICES. Which obviously leaves no room to the killer's potential as long as the survivor play accordingly.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@HUNGRY_AS_A_HIPPY said:

While I hate loopers, I respect survivors that actually can play stealthy and lose the killer during the chase using mindgames and stealth.

• Bint
    Bint Member Posts: 60

I think killers want what we all want- fair wages and equality.

Or, you know, ALL SURVIVORS TO BE PUNISHED.

• MADM3RT
    MADM3RT Member Posts: 17

Not just killers, there are survivors out there who agree aswell. What I want is that nearly everything relys on skill and smart decisions. I want to compete on a fair level, sadly it doesn't matter because you can compare the skill-level with Mario Kart sometimes. You can be the best racer yet the blue shells hits ya and it's gg. Looping is just so boring and frustrating, nothing exciting happens, no skill, nothing.

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

Wow there was no salt in a balance post . Holy #########.

• Uncomfortable
    Uncomfortable Member Posts: 15

I don't really know. I take my losses and move on. I'm a firm believer in "The Only Constant is you". I don't really want pallet looping to be removed or even nerfed. Pallet looping isn't that bad to me. The only change I want is the removal of the pallet vacuum, which we already know is coming. I'm honestly fine right now. Everything that other people see as "unfair", I see as just another challenge. I do understand why people feel the way they do, because sometimes I get really frustrated. Overall I'm just okay.

• Tradebaron
    Tradebaron Member Posts: 135
    I think what would help, and I've heard it echoed here, is increased time to fixing gens. Part of the reason long chases are bad is because it's very quick and easy for the other 3 people to fix gens. If they slowed down the time there it could help slow the game down.

Besides, at higher ranks especially, hex: ruin starts to become nessecary and this could also help solve the issue of ruin being a needed perk.

Just my thoughts, the new changes to encourage mind games though will be helpful.
  • Bayside
    Bayside Member Posts: 40

All I want are for pallet vacuums to go, Decisive nerfs to be here, and for the Emblems to be adjusted. Because I've gotten games where I would've pipped in the old system, but de-pipped with the new system. And games where I would've lost with the old system, but two-pipped with the new one. And considering how difficult it is to level up Chaser right now, I'm not sure what to think.