Spirit or Clown?

Options

I’m very very torn in my decision of who to buy. I’ve watched gameplay of both, never been against either.

Perks wise, I prefer Clown’s (Bamboozle and PGTW) and feel as though I’d use them more on other killers than spirits. I’ve been playing Pig a lot, and clown feels like more of an aggressive killer which would make a nice change up from my stealthiness. However, I’ve seen that he’s apparently a little broken, and his ability isn’t that great? It looks fun though?

Spirit seems like a killer who is very strong but hard to master? Maybe with the right build? (I’m still fairly new to the game(potato)). I’m loving the idea though, stealth and mind games are why I enjoy Pig so much.

So.... who is more FUN & why? I’m not too fussed right now about who’s more viable at red ranks or whatever because honestly I’m not even there yet. Who can you have an enjoyable game with? Who has the better perk set? Who’s ur fave? & good {reasonable} builds for either

:)

Comments

• Judith
    Judith Member Posts: 819
    edited June 2019
    Options

Not hard to learn at all. Even when you first start you won't find her weak. Spirit fury is meta perk along with endurance but I don't use them.

You don't need bamboozle with spirit btw. I wouldn't go for clown.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options

Nurse.

• screamdreamsx
    screamdreamsx Member Posts: 213
    Options

So Spirit Fury > Bamboozle? I don’t often get stunned, more force them to drop the palette early. Though I suppose if running spirit fury you’d allow yourself to be stunned for it to activate? Spirit fury & endurance does sound like a winning combo though

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

Spirit 100%

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited June 2019
    Options

Spirit, definitely. While clown is fun, spirit can be fun (multitude of mindgames to learn/do and she's so fast she can near cover half the map with the right addons), competitive (high rank viable and has options for map pressure that clown lacks) and gives great perk teachables including Haunted grounds, rancor and spirit fury, I actually like all her perks, clown does have PGTW and bamboozle but these are average on most killers compared to other perks and I get more out of haunted/rancor personally.

• Judith
    edited June 2019
    Options

I prefer bamboozle but most people would disagree with me. I recommended Spirit because she is top tier killer.

Edit: I main Myers and use bamboozle on him.

• screamdreamsx
    edited June 2019
    Options
  • screamdreamsx
    Options

Would you recommend running her perks with her then? I do love the idea of Haunted Grounds but feel I’d suck at actually finding people and making use of the exposed status. Do the trapped totems look like hex or just regular (no aura)? I thought regular, if so there’s a chance nobody would trigger it?

• screamdreamsx
    Options

I wonder if Bamboozle or Spirit Fury would work with Pig? Still trying to figure my optimal build. Neither so far considered

• Kiskashi
    edited June 2019
    Options

I've been learning her myself for the first time recently and funding her with her own earned BP I'm currently using BBQ (only good teachable she has picked up at lv 15 haha) Rancor, spirit fury and Haunted. I absolutely love rancor on her and haunted is also pretty solid, not too much of a fan of spirit fury on her (does mean I don't actually have to break the pallet but get stunned, removes risk of stun and also having to break it though saving a little time in a chase).

Haunted, even if you don't get someone immediately establishes a bit of fear in survivors, it's good if you've just started a chase too or are heading for a gen etc. You never know when it will go off but it's sometimes of great to immense benefit when it does, it makes people panic much like the exposed on devour hope.

The hexes do look like normal hex totems to the killer too (aura) but most survivors will touch a glowy hex totem like it's a cookie jar, they can't help it sometimes (I don't even run ruin...on a spirit...and they'll still try it and they must do it if they suspect you run NOED). Also if you teach it to hag and defend it like a normal totem you roll the dice on them breaking haunted totems and not your ruin, it does backfire sometimes if survivors get lucky, but I've seen it work more often than not.

• Judith
    Options

Spirit fury, Endurance, Ruin and M&A. That is a decent build for Pig I think.

• screamdreamsx
    Options

I sadly don’t have BBQ yet (rip) but I have Surveillance which I think would be an adequate and very useful replacement, with spirits ability for map control.

Rancor I’m not sure on, isnt Bitter Murmur better for seeing auras with gen completion? And keeps you hidden (if they don’t have dark sense). Even in end game, you get 10 seconds of aura with Bitter for all survivors? Whereas Rancor only affects one?

• screamdreamsx
    Options

I’m currently wanting Surveillance, M&A, Thanatophobia and Sloppy Butcher or H:DH.

• screamdreamsx
    Options

Haunted does sound better than I thought though. But.... Haunted or Devour Hope?

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    Options

Spirit. Clown needs a lot of help at the moment, and I'd only recommend getting him for shards, if possible.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

Clown still has better overall perks than Spirit. Spirit's perks are more situational. Ironically, Spirit greatly benefits from PGTW, and Clown greatly benefits from Spirit Fury, yet their own perks are pess effective on themselves (especially Spirit with SF).

Clown is definitely not as powerful as Spirit. However, out of all the M1 Killers, he is the one I find the most fun.

• screamdreamsx
    Options

Yeah he’s 9000 shards I believe, but I think given feedback I’ll save those for perks in the Shrine. XD

• Kiskashi
    edited June 2019
    Options

I got super lucky with that one (BBQ) because it's a great perk on spirit. Surveillance is a very good perk on her too for controlling gens in mid-end game.

Actually I'm fairly certain it shows an explosion bubble around survivors, I found a few just lurking around in the basement once due to it, the obsession also gets exposed at the end of the match so RIP DS/MoM/adrenaline etc. and those brave enough to try OoO to track you. I actually like rancor a lot more than bitter murmur and I used bitter extensively on my wraith. For spirit, I really like rancor, I haven't tried it on others though.

Here's a video of it, at 1:35 you can see the aura bubbles for all survivors, since it's not aura it's not as easy to hide either (as in BBQ counters). This happens at every gen, it may not be as obvious as bitter which direction they go etc but it gives you a ton of info and a free exposed/mori at the end if you catch the obsession in exchange for letting the obsession know where you are for a few seconds (can think of it like reverse BBQ and fake your direction/phase around when you hear a gen I guess, I barely notice the obsession getting any benefit from it.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi52_w6o-nU

(Sorry if you don't like Tru3, I just looked up YT for a quick video example of how it looks when it goes off and was one of the first that showed up. )

• Kiskashi
    edited June 2019
    Options

I like both, but one you want broken and one you don't. Depends what you're going for and if you're messing with survivors who are cleanse addicts or if you're defending actual hex totems with it or if you just want to risk H:DH getting found early and being a useless slot i.e. I use H:DH frequently on Mikey but Haunted is good for punishing hex cleanses, H:DH may last longer in some cases with good totem spawns though and give more benefit but has a lower chance of doing so (again, cookie jar plus H:DH is risky).

Over all haunted is near always useful, H:DH is more situational and dependant on totem spawns (because you would want to protect it/hope for a good spawn). It's hard to compare the two really.

It's always good to try them both and compare for yourself anyway, see which you prefer. Advice only goes so far as what others have learned and find useful, your playstyle may be different.

• screamdreamsx
    Options

I’ll have to wait for BBQ in the Shrine (along with the 6 other perks I want..)

Thanks for the vid, that does look interesting. Bitter does help with direction yeah, not sure about Rancor yet but will watch more footage, I do like that Ian shows everyone’s and not just who was on the gen, so you can plan your next move. Exposed at the end is good, like a micro NOED.

• screamdreamsx
    Options
  • screamdreamsx
    Options

What happens if you kill the obsession? Haven’t used an obsession perk yet. New obsession, or perk no longer in use?

• Kiskashi
    edited June 2019
    Options

I haven't seen it in action with DS late game after killing the obsession as I'm fairly new to using it myself. However, generally the obsession getting killed is the end of this perk. It's the end goal really, you get info the whole match on all survivors whereabouts in exchange for showing the obsession your aura at each gen completion then you get the exposed effect/mori on them if they make it to the end. Also not sure how it works once you kill the obsession mid match, if you still get the info or if you only get it back on next DS...again still new to using myself.

I know that with STBFL it stops working (stops gaining stacks but still functions with stacks you do have prior to them dying) when the obsession is killed. I'd assume rancor is similar overall but loses function.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

Spirit all the way, sadly. Clown is too underwhelming to be efficient in the current version of the game.

• screamdreamsx
    Options

Yeah I think Spirit is gonna be my decision, sorry Clown.

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674
    Options

Spirit can be aggressive, spirit is a better killer too.. however for fun... I enjoy the clown more, he’s not as good but he’s my go to for when I wanna play for fun