If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

How do you handle toxic survivors in game.

Options
AshleyWB
AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
It confuses me how to deal with toxic/cocky survivors. I feel like to counter them I have to go for them first and make sure they die on the hook asap. Is it right to target these survivors? I'm like well they're asking for it for getting up in the killers face. At the same time I feel bad for being mean to that one survivor I targetted. What do you think?

Comments

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@AshleyWB said:
    It confuses me how to deal with toxic/cocky survivors. I feel like to counter them I have to go for them first and make sure they die on the hook asap. Is it right to target these survivors? I'm like well they're asking for it for getting up in the killers face. At the same time I feel bad for being mean to that one survivor I targetted. What do you think?

If someone t-bags or flashlight clicks fast that changes nothing on how you deal with them. If it’s something else, chances are it’s not toxic, it just annoys you (actual flashlights blinds are an example)

• Jack11803
    Options

@AshleyWB said:

Also, it’s almost always on purpose as they’re the best looper, and could run you around for a good while, then waste more time having you camp them. Only ever camp if it’s strategically the right thing to do, IE : exit gate powered, or if the entire team tries to hook rush, meaning zero people are on gens

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    Options

I just play my game. If I change the way I play to adjust to their toxic behavior, I am giving them what they want.

• AshleyWB
    Options
    Generally pesky survivors like to be a distraction for the killer. I just have zero tolerance towards those who think tea bags and powerful flashlights are ok. Like do a gen instead of looking for the killer and messing around. Bad teammate to have. It makes me determined to see the survivor fall if they have d strike too, such crutch, many hooks.
  • C4Garuda
    C4Garuda Member Posts: 198
    Options
    Let them play YOUR game, dont play THEIRS. Usually when those douchey wanna pros get caught they get butthurt and DC. Depending, id tunnel and get them outta there or ignore and kill their friends. This game is all about putting pressure on eachother. Gen rush puts pressure on the killer, and killing survs puts pressure on survs. Analyze all survs on loadout, if its a surv with a flash ignore and kill the toolboxes first. Then toxic surv becomes useless.. 
  • AshleyWB
    Options
    Yeah i guess you're right. I don't mind losing if it means teaching toxic people a lesson. I wouldnt face camp but i would kinda tunnel them a little.
  • AshleyWB
    Options
    The best thing about dead by daylight is equipping Franklins when you got a lobby full of items😁
  • AshleyWB
    Options
    One thing i would say, playing myers I always save my tier 3 just for the toxic survivor.
  • Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 601
    Options

Kill them last

• AshleyWB
    Options
    I like to use swf advantage against them. I predict what they will say to teammates and I do the opposite to my advantage.Muhahaaaa😈
  • SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    edited July 2018
    Options

Typically if i see a toxic clicky clicky tea bagger with D strike i ignore them. They want me to follow them so that they can use the broken loops in this game to waste my time. Don't take the bait. They will typically follow you around trying to get your attention if you ignore them which works to your benefit. I had one toxic survivor that tried to bait at the start of the match. Went for her friends instead. Needless to say i killed every last one. All 3 of them DCed. I managed to get my little toxic survivor to DC when i dropped her right as she hit her d strike and she dident get the free escape. I made sure to rub it in with a good chainsaw spam and head nodding. She promptly DCed. Feels good man.

Post edited by SadonicShadow on
  • AshleyWB
    Options
    I'm not sure how it affect blood points gained but I love to make people ragequit playing relatively fairly.
  • ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    Options

What I like to do is ignore them for the time being. I know that the reason they're so cocky is because they're either good, or they're going to use every pallet in the game and loop me from dusk till dawn. I focus on other survivors instead and narrow their numbers down. I try to make the game easier for myself by slowing it down a bit before going after them. By then, they've lost a lot of their advantage and I can usually take them down. The best thing to do is not take the bait and, instead, focus on making them, as a team, weaker by going after others.

• impurrfectjem
    impurrfectjem Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thanks for this thread. I was having a lot of matches with toxic survivors when I was trying to play killer all weekend. I'm not a good killer (I main survivor) so when I try to practice as killer, I get a lot of toxic survivors who constantly mess with me (teabag, flashlight clicks, etc). So it's annoying. Thank you for all of the advice and two cents on this topic. I needed this myself. :)

• TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
    Options
         I usually deal with em by playing extreme roleplay sometimes. Like if I know that if I try really hard to chase them- and when I’m set on doing that; I always at least get them down once, and might leave them or hard camp (depending on generator count).
         Or if I know they’re all going to be looping crazy and I’ve already gotten my points; I’ll just hide somewhere or look for ways to disturb the Survivors. If they’re all sitting at the exit gate, it depends on my Killer. The Shape: I’ll stand halfway behind a wall and watch them- unmoving(until they leave). The Cannibal: I’ll rev the chainsaw and just Chaaarge!

Pretty much, just don’t let it get to you. Try not to get stressed if possible. And try to have some kind of fun. Those matches can be frustrating.
  • AshleyWB
    Options
    One thing i would say is that these types of survivors are good at wasting pallets which is always nice.
  • HermanTheDoctor
    HermanTheDoctor Member Posts: 210
    Options

Facecamp :D

• AshleyWB
    Options
    Some swf groups can't cope without the toxic survivor. Its a shame that they are probably far more experienced and know how to exploit the game in their favour.
  • Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369
    Options

I ignore the "clicky clicky" DS users, usually they will follow me around and I can just bait them. I learned with time they're not that good, they're even terrible when it comes to mindgame, because they usually rely way too much on pallets.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options
    AshleyWB said:
    Some swf groups can't cope without the toxic survivor. Its a shame that they are probably far more experienced and know how to exploit the game in their favour.
    Every once in a while, it’s nice to see, I’ve had SWF groups get a random that’s toxic. They see him tea bagging and flashlight spamming, all that OchiDO crap, and sandbag his ass and point me to him. There are some SWF and nice Survivors who despise toxic Survivors. 

Though again, this is ps4. I’ve found that ps4 Survivor community seems to be the least toxic of the three platforms. 
  • AshleyWB
    Options
    Consoles seem a lot less toxic because it has no pre/end game chat. I'm sure consoles are way more toxic though. Ive had tons of salt chucked at me on Xbox😄
  • Mrmaplesyrup
    Mrmaplesyrup Member Posts: 16
    Options

If you want to do well just don't chase the toxic survivor and, don't get angry at them just ignore them and chase someone else. You can't just chase the survivor who is only good at running the killer.

• Jack11803
    Options

@Hillbilly420 said:
    Camp them. Then quickly leave before they can say anything in the chat. If they send a rage invite just report them.

On console they direct message you, and it that doesn’t get results, they name and shame on the PlayStation dead by daylight community. Only the second biggest community has moderators, With the active ones being me and Sordun

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    Options

I just say gg and move on. What can I say that hasn't already been covered thousands of times over? Survivor is the power role in the game.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

Laugh at them.

• Jack11803
    Options

@Mc_Harty said:
    Laugh at them.

Aim FINGERGUNS at them

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,183
    Options

Just follow my rule. Tbag or click with flashlight = facecamp

• Mechkiller3425
    Mechkiller3425 Member Posts: 55
    Options
    i had a Group of survivors T-bag and butt dance cause they hit me with a pallet and i missed a swing, so i proceeded to mori animation lock them and NOED them to death
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Never camp them, as that's a waste of time. Just tunnel the ######### out of them as soon as they get off that hook