Question about Dull Key..

Yohan
Yohan Member Posts: 172

I got a very rare dull key with an add-on. I'm really not familiar with either. It said press R2 to mind channel and I thought it reads the aura of the hatch? Or doesn't the key open the hatch? I ran out of its energy just mind channeling but didn't know the purpose.

Comments

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,363

the effect of channeling differs with the addons used. The mind channel purpose of the key does not do anything on its own, just allows for the use of the addons. The key can still unlock the hatch of course, but only if you havent fully used up all the charges. Think of the key as a sort of battery for the addons, that can also open hatch.

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674

You need addons to read aura of hatch. You need addons to read any aura. It’s pretty much a smaller amount of charges of a map. But you can open hatches with it.

unless it’s a broken key. They key is useless unless you have addons on it, then it reads aura like a map but burns out quick

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,363

@Spirez not THAT quick

Broken key has 10 charges, dull has 5 and skeleton has 20

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Wait, since when can keys show you the aura of the hatch? Tracking the hatch can only happen with maps with add-ons or rainbow maps.