The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Can we have a "1st person" toggle on Moris?

Rlabotath
Rlabotath Member Posts: 125

So after playing several games as Freddy, Spirit, Legion, Plague, and seeing Ghostface, I've began to wonder why they have 3rd person perspectives for their Moris, yet all others don't (specifically for the killer perspective.) So I was wondering, is there a way we could have a toggle that allows us to view either their moris (my list above) from 1st person, and possibly a toggle for the rest to see theirs in 3rd person?

I think that'd be cool...

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,047

Except for Hag, all "older" Killers have a first person view, which is ok, because they play in first person.

But, having it in third person, makes it so much easier. First of all, it is cooler to see the Mori in Survivor perspective. It is simply better having a clear look at the action instead of wonky camera angles and glitches (see Myers Mori for example).

Second, you only need one animation instead of two. And you get the better one. I mean, the Moris of Spirit, Legion, Plague and Ghost Face would just look way more boring in first person.

• Rlabotath
    Rlabotath Member Posts: 125

Honestly, I disagree. I think the Moris of those would actually look cool from first person.

In regards to the animation points you've brought up, correct me if I'm wrong, they wouldn't have to make a new animation. Since these aren't "Cinematics" and are actual live renders, all they'd have to do is tell the camera to remain inside the 1st person perspective. Nothing else really has to change. I don't understand why the Myers Mori is glitchy, since it's a skeleton body that isn't getting aligned properly. It shouldn't be a hard fix, but maybe I'm wrong on how the animation is done.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited June 2019

Yes, I hate it how the newer killer's moris are in 3rd person. It would be much more intensive in 1st person.

Moris like the one of the Nurse look absolutely brutal in 1st person. I bet Legion or Plague would look cool in 1st person as well.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited June 2019

Just a moment of your time for some game design explanation.

I'll use DOOM 2016 for example. Boundary Break shows that the Slayer is often extremely stiff during cutscenes that don't require much movement, or spawn hands in front of him to make things look right.

This is because there can be quite a few clipping issues when it comes to this kind of thing. It's a lot harder than you actually imagine, and there is a reason studios take shortcuts like this, or like in most FPS games, make your body invisible.

Even in Halo, only your legs are actually representative of what other players see. Your body, head, and arms are invisible for you, and instead you have a special set of "first person arms" to represent your actions with weapons. Halo still does a fairly good job of placing the camera right in the center of the head, but it still takes certain shortcuts.

Games like ARMA often have janky camera movements and clipping issues occasionally. This is one of the times realism isn't always great.

That said, I'd be cool with first person Mori if they made the Killer body invisible for the Killer, and made separate limbs where possible.

Or it's just easier to do 3rd person. One animation, done deal.

Hopefully I could give you some insight.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

I really want a 1st person Ghostface, Legion and Pig mori. A lot more dominative looking from a killer's perspective, which is what a mori should be.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

I guess Legion's and Hag's moris would make you too dizzy from all the movement :-S

• paint1210
    paint1210 Member Posts: 95

no,because it will add a lot of stuff for DEV to do which will not add any profit for them

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723

A toggle option would be great. Personally I’d prefer to switch them all to 3rd person since the 1st person moris look like crap especially Myers.