Is the drop rate of the gateaux nerfed?

Options
DBDbuildsYT
DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

I have been struggling with finding gateaux in the last two hours despite me spending over 500k BP, this is on survivors

Comments

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

I've gotten quite a few, with the record being three in a single web, on my Trapper who hasn't been prestiged yet.

On the contrary, I've not found a single one in 300k points on my Dwight who's P3'd since years back.

It might have to do something with your prestige levels?

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited June 2019
    Options

In my experience, it’s like this:

Levels 1-10: Only in mystery boxes

Levels 10-49: Available but not guaranteed

Level 50: At least one is guaranteed

I haven’t prestiged any of my characters though.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

They really should have made it appear at least once in every bloodweb like they did with other event offerings.

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

Is this killer or survivor? Killer seems easier than survivor

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited June 2019
    Options

That’s what’s so weird, it’s barely an event and the main offering is difficult to come by. I spent near 1 mil bp yesterday and got approx 5-6. That’s crazy considering at least for blight and lunar events they were common and gave a bp bonus on burning and doing the event objective, maybe it’s because there isn’t an event objective but it just feels really rare to get them.

I do have a lot of my survivors prestiged though. I’m actually getting more BPS than the event cakes...

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833
    Options

They might be getting treated as yellows. Super weird.

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

Same on my prestige characters ( survivor) I'm getting more streamers than gateau, I agree the drop rate should be higher.

@Peanits can you shed some light on this matter please?

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    Options

Make sure to go for the brown mystery boxes, those contain a gateaux almost 50% of the time.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    Options

I went from 1-50 on gf, used all gateaux i got on him while dumping excess bp on my wraith and now my wraith has 54 gateaux so definitely isn't a drought of them. There might be something wrong on the survivor side though if so many people are having a tough time in getting them on survivor.

• Kiskashi
    Options

That would be great, if my characters weren’t high level and only got yellow and green boxes which don’t contain them from experience. I think this links to what snakesound said above

• Kiskashi
    Options

That’s interesting, only played survivor during the event so far due to killer queue times, maybe it is a problem with survivor drops.

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777
    Options

Yeah I've encountered just the same. My Nea (P3) won't receive any gateaux cakes but when I switch to the killer side of things (Which I haven't prestiged any) I've gotten close to 15. I would guess it's by prestiging? If in fact true, it sorta of contradicts the (slightly increases the odds of better items), since I would think that it would apply to the offerings also?

I'm not sure, but it sure seems sided to the characters you've not prestiged. I've got 5 on my hag that is barely level20.

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

Same, my spirit and my legion are level 50 with all perks but NEVER prestiged and I can get two to three gateau per blood web

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

So far, my luck is pretty bad. 1 gâteau in 6 bloodwebs (P3 lvl 50). 😴

I'd also like to see a higher drop rate.

• BentTorpedoes
    BentTorpedoes Member Posts: 29
    Options

@Peanits down to luck huh??? I just did p1 on dwight and got 1 in almost 30 levels

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

Survivors and prestige seem to be detrimental in finding the new offering

• FalseFroggs
    FalseFroggs Member Posts: 60
    Options

There’s definitely something up with the survivor bloodweb drop rate for the Gateau. In 22 bloodwebs for my P3 Bill, I’ve gotten maybe 5 gateaux (I know it’s 22 bloodwebs because I have 23 party starters). My friend who also playable Killer says he has minimum 1 per bloodweb as Killer.

Speaking of party starters, are they always in the same spot for everyone else as well? The starters are always in the spot to the immediate top-left of the starting point of the web. ALWAYS.

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

It feels like you are more likely to get them as killer and less likely to get them as survivor. I did maybe 3 webs on my already maxed out Kate and got 1 cake. I got at least 1 per web on GF, currently have 2 in my level 50 web, and I'm sitting on 15 of them.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    edited June 2019
    Options

Something is definitely rotten with survivor gateau. Haven't found one yet tonight.

• BentTorpedoes
    BentTorpedoes Member Posts: 29
    Options

@DBDbuildsYT no i don't think it's down to if your survivor is prestiged or not, i have survivors that are not prestiged and its the same thing no new offerings

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718
    Options

@Peanits The survivor side is bugged. I got like 1 from 1-50 prestige. I got about 1-3 per blood web on Ghost Face and Billy. For some reason, it doesn't like giving it to survivors.

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

@Peanits Can anything be done about the survivor drop rate?

Maybe add another day or so for survivors of bloodhunt once the hotfix is here, and NO I am not a survivor main, I mainly play killer but it's quite unfair for survivors to have so few gateaux

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,683
    Options

I have noticed that I have gotten far fewer event offerings on survivors. I typically make a habit of getting all my killers and survivors to the point of having one item on the bloodweb away from the next bloodweb. I do this so when events happen, I can get the new stuff faster. My killers have almost always gotten 1 or 2 event offerings on the new web and my suvivors almost always get 0 offerings, but one or two of the party popper items. I'll gladly trade my party poppers for event offerings.

• RatDBD
    RatDBD Member Posts: 68
    Options

I've had maybe 10 Gateau offerings in the last twenty bloodwebs. However, I have gotten 30 firecrackers out of that as well. At this point, I enjoy limited offerings and event items so much and I've seen so little of them this event, that I'm desperately opening all mystery boxes in hope to get a few more.

Also, I've only been able to pull ONE firecracker out of a chest after searching chests more than I should be. I need to stop hoarding my items, but that's another story for another day.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911
    Options

i've noticed that killers get them more than survivors do, and i'm wondering if this is because survivors get firecrackers and there's a limited distribution of event items per bloodweb

• NoShinyPony
    Options

So from what players are reporting, it seems that killers have a higher chance getting gâteaux than survivors.

Maybe this is intended as in we aren't supposed to have 4 or 5 people bringing the offering per match? I hope the devs can clarify.

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

I thought the same, and still I don't think this is fair on survivor mains though, they should also be given the chance to grind like crazy

• NoShinyPony
    Options

@DBDbuildsYT Yeah, I also feel like this wouldn't be fair to the survivor side. But so far, it's only a possibility. The drop rate could also simply be bugged or we all are just having bad luck.

As I wrote above, I hope the devs can clarify what's happening.