If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

New Iconic killers.

Options

Personally as much as I love this game, I love it more when they use killers that we all know from horror movies.
There are a few I'm still holding out hope for, personally I'd love to see these killers.
(I'm in no way advanced enough to think if tactics perks and such, I'm just voicing an opinion)

My top pick, purely because hes such a boss, Pyramid Head from Silent Hill, I mean imagine that hulking tower of awesome bearing down on you? it would be amazing, especially if he still has his mega sword. I mean his terror radius could actually have a visual representation as the area changed like it does in the movie when he gets close. Light starts to fade and all the walls and floor start to peels back and decay, I can't imagine the dark would effect the killer as I would assume he would have sonar vision as sorts, not like you can see his face eh?

My next pick, the girl from the Ring movie, the way she moves and twitches, if this was emphasised in game to bring that awkward and broken twitching or zipping around that she does (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA3B-AZFJIU) I think she would be a very effective killer, you could have TV's places all over the maps that she can run into and spawn from different locations, place some near generators just to keep the survivors on their toes! of course perks would change the range of where and how she can teleport, and make it less/more obvious when she is emerging from a TV, ie, loud TV static, and the TV lights up, mods would change the audo/ visual warning to suit balancing, maybe even effect the amount of time it takes for her to emerge.

But what about Pin Head from Hellraiser? His ability should be to grab someone with hooks and pull them close, this hook ability has three stages, he starts off at rank 2, basically the hook whips out at a medium range, if it lands then the survivor has to in that moment complete a skill check like decisive strike, if they complete it they get away, if they don't, then the survivor gets pulled close so pin head can hit them, now the ranks on pin heads hook varies on the puzzle boxes on the map, I'm thinking there should be four that spawn at a time at a random location, 1-2-3 of them may be a guaranteed fail depending on mods maybe? If you succeed it solving it and pass the skill checks, his hook gets nerfed to rank 1 for (insert timeframe here) so minutes or seconds which basically makes the skill check easier to beat and makes the hook shorter. If the survivor finds the guaranteed fail, or misses the skill check, then the hook gets pushed up to rank 3 for (insert timeframe here) minutes or seconds, which takes away possibility of escaping with a skill check and will always gets pulled to pin head, and as an added twist, the person who fails the box gets pulled into hell, where level changes to look like hell does in the movie, while the survivor is in hell, there are no generators and no one can see/help you, and pin head can hear the terror coming from the survivor as they go around trying the find the puzzle box, this is indicated with a random scream every now and then, not making it so pin head knows all the time where you are but has a good idea, if they get caught, and hooked, they come out of hell, and if they find a puzzle box (which all would be able to succeed) they get out of hell but don't effect pin heads hook.
But think of his home level, hell itself!? This characters personally I think has the most potential and would probably be the most fun to design, there is just too much you can do with pin head, even the survivor is iconic, Kirsty Cotton.

Don't forget we all had fun figuring out who the killer was on the classic, Scream, since the theme of the movie was (spoiler alert) two killers working as one, maybe his special ability would be to send off a fake non harmful version of himself, then the survivor has to make a decision on which one they want to run away from and hope they got it right.

I just have a selection of thrillers and horrors I saw growing up that always stuck with me, and personally would love to see them in game. don't get me wrong, I am no way advanced enough to start throwing out numbers and balancing and basically crunching the math together, but then again I'm not a developer, I leave that to the professionals, I just think this game has so much potential. so I hope this finds people well and I haven't trodden on any toes in posting this.

Pancake01

Comments

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Options
    I haven't really played any horror game, but isn't Pyramid head moving slowly? I mean, if he was walking at the normal killer speed, it would make him look silly.
  • Pancake01
    Pancake01 Member Posts: 3
    Options

what if then, when you get caught in his aura and the scenery starts to change, the survivors get dazed and movement speed is reduced to compensate?

• Pancake01
    Pancake01 Member Posts: 3
    Options

and maybe his right click turns him into a shadow that cant attack, but his movement speed goes up, for a limited time and then when he spawns back, he brings the silent hill aura around him, and slows survivors?

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

They don't need stupid killers with Pyramid heads...

Ghostface would be nice. It's very 90s, very slasher like and brought the slasher genre back in the fold. Name a bigger horror slasher movie/series from 96-2001?

You can't

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    Options

Scream was one of the worst slasher movies made back in the day. I still do not understand the love for it. Same thing with I Know What You Did Last Summer and the other trash in that timeframe. The plotlines were too predictable and foolish.

We don't need more movie Killers. We need more original ones. Do you really want your favorite iconic horror movie Killer to get the Freddy Treatment?

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    edited July 2018
    Options
    And what about Diana from the Lights Out? Maps would be changing light.

Okay, here is my suggestion:
    Diana's power can change the lightning of the maps. After using her ability, in 2 seconds, the map's lighting will switch. (Dark to light and vice versa). This has a cooldown of ~10 seconds.
    When the dark takes over the map:

Diana:
    • can attack
    • moves at the speed of 110%
    • can be bodyblocked
    • is visible
    • can see in the dark

Survivors:
    • can't see too much (like when the Crescent Moon offering is offered, maybe worse)
    • their aura reading ability is hindered by 8 meters

When the light takes over the map:

Diana:
    • can't attack
    • moves at the speed of 150%
    • can walk through obstacles, not walls though (by obstacles I mean boxes, trucks, stones, trees etc., just not through walls, that would've been too op IMO)
    • can't see too much (but still has clearer vision than survivors in the dark)
    • is invisible (completely, no shivering)
    • can't be bodyblocked

Survivors:
    • have normal vision
    • their aura reading ability is normal

Her terror radius is like Trapper's.

Now it looks like an interesting Freddy rework. Duh.