If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Survivor perk idea

Options
HeroLives
HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
edited July 2018 in General Discussions

Baba Vanga- your aura reading abilities are truly psychic. When a survivor is hooked if the killer is within 10,15,20 meter radius the hooked survivors aura will glow red. I know it’s similar to kindred but the other survivors wouldn’t be able to see this or each other. Only the survivor running the perk.

Comments

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,104
    Options

Do you mean if the Killer is near the hooked Survivor, their aura grows even brighter, alerting you to Killer's presence?

• HeroLives
    Options

@Coriander said:
    Do you mean if the Killer is near the hooked Survivor, their aura grows even brighter, alerting you to Killer's presence?

I mean if the killer is within 10,15,20 meters of the hooked survivor then the hooked survivors aura will glow red instead of yellow. Making yellow to be brighter would be hard to notice. A color change would not.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,104
    Options

Ohh, but I believe the hooked people already glow Red. If it's an aura reading perk, you could have it highlight the Killer instead, so people know it's nearby. It would still work only for people with the perk, and would take up a slot for something else, reducing Survivor escape/perk options for balance. I think it would work.

• flamestandish
    flamestandish Member Posts: 130
    Options

This is just Kindred, No?

I wish Kindred worked the other way round though. If you have it equipped; instead of when you are on the hook it reveals the killer to the others. But if you have kindred equppied and someone else is hooked, your perk should reveal the killer. ~ but i think this has been suggested before.

Maybe your perk could work like the latter, but that would make kindred redundant.

• HeroLives
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Coriander said:
    Ohh, but I believe the hooked people already glow Red. If it's an aura reading perk, you could have it highlight the Killer instead, so people know it's nearby. It would still work only for people with the perk, and would take up a slot for something else, reducing Survivor escape/perk options for balance. I think it would work.

That’s a nice idea as well! I think it would be a great perk for an altruistic build. Also you’re right it does already glow red. What was I thinking? My apologies. So maybe another color like orange

• HeroLives
    Options

@flamestandish it’s basically reverse kindred

Kindred has to be equipped by the hooked survivor , this does not.

Kindred is up to 8m at t3 of the killer aura , and all survivors can see it, and each other.this is a larger radius but only you can see it. Nobody else. Just the person unhooked with the perk.

So it’s like a kindred cousin.

• flamestandish
    Options

I would have to point out, colouring for perks may be frowned upon if a person is hard of sight or has colour blindness. The current way that kindred works is that the killer is revealed no matter how close they are within the radius of the hooked survivor. This has no complications towards a colour blind person. Everyone should be able to use whichever perks they like without worrying about a colour indicator which could become confusing, I.e Orange is pretty close to red, or brown etc.

Like I said, I’d prefer it to work like a reverse kindred or a personalised kindred. However, this may become (as they say) OP*. There still needs to be a sense or uncertainty otherwise this horror game is not so horrifying.

*Over Powered

• HeroLives
    Options

@flamestandish said:
    I would have to point out, colouring for perks may be frowned upon if a person is hard of sight or has colour blindness. The current way that kindred works is that the killer is revealed no matter how close they are within the radius of the hooked survivor. This has no complications towards a colour blind person. Everyone should be able to use whichever perks they like without worrying about a colour indicator which could become confusing, I.e Orange is pretty close to red, or brown etc.

Like I said, I’d prefer it to work like a reverse kindred or a personalised kindred. However, this may become (as they say) OP*. There still needs to be a sense or uncertainty otherwise this horror game is not so horrifying.

*Over Powered

I disagree about the color thing. I think seeing the killers aura within 10,15,20m would make it too op. For other survivors to be able to see it too would make it especially op. The idea is to have an indication how close the killer is, and be known to you only,Not exactly where within the meters he is. At t3 kindred at best is 8m which is pretty close to the hook color indication would be fine. It’s simple to use. The majority of people don’t have color issues. It’s a very small percentage of people that do. That’s nice of you to think of them though.

If you don’t like my idea it’s cool , come up with your own with the way you think it should be done. No hard feelings. It’s just an idea. Feel free to make your own version on how it should be done. Maybe people will like it better, just glad I can get brains buzzing.

• flamestandish
    Options

Sorry if this is too blunt, but the way you know if the killer is near is you listen to the heartbeat.

• flamestandish
    Options

@HeroLives said:

@flamestandish said:

*Over Powered

I disagree about the color thing. I think seeing the killers aura within 10,15,20m would make it too op. For other survivors to be able to see it too would make it especially op. The idea is to have an indication how close the killer is, and be known to you only,Not exactly where within the meters he is. At t3 kindred at best is 8m which is pretty close to the hook color indication would be fine. It’s simple to use. The majority of people don’t have color issues. It’s a very small percentage of people that do. That’s nice of you to think of them though.

If you don’t like my idea it’s cool , come up with your own with the way you think it should be done. No hard feelings. It’s just an idea. Feel free to make your own version on how it should be done. Maybe people will like it better, just glad I can get brains buzzing.

I just discovered that I can quote your post. The last part of your message. I love reading new ideas but I also do like giving constructive criticism. I have rated your post up =)

• HeroLives
    Options

@flamestandish said:
    Sorry if this is too blunt, but the way you know if the killer is near is you.

The whole point of the perk is to be able to tell if the killer is near the hooked survivor without having to be near. Ex. You’re working on a gen across the map. The survivor who is hooked aura would change to say orange(or whatever color) and that means the killer is within 10,15,20m of the hooked survivor. If the killer isn’t within that proximity of the hooked survivor their aura would return to red.
    You wouldn’t have to be near for the perk to activate , a survivor just has to be hooked.

• flamestandish
    Options

@HeroLives said:

@flamestandish said:
    Sorry if this is too blunt, but the way you know if the killer is near is you.

The whole point of the perk is to be able to tell if the killer is near the hooked survivor without having to be near. Ex. You’re working on a gen across the map. The survivor who is hooked aura would change to say orange(or whatever color) and that means the killer is within 10,15,20m of the hooked survivor. If the killer isn’t within that proximity of the hooked survivor their aura would return to red.
    You wouldn’t have to be near for the perk to activate , a survivor just has to be hooked.

Errr.... If a survivor is hooked, you should be going to save him/her. Not working on a generator xD