If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

How do you use insidious? What scenarios have you used this perk in to trick survivors?

Options
AshleyWB
AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
I personally like to use this perk to drop chases only to be waiting around the corner to the survivors surprise. Especially so if im by a few gens or near a hooked survivor.

Comments

• GhostEuant
    GhostEuant Member Posts: 243
    Options
    At least @RemoveSWF is consistent in their desires. 

I see Insidious used mostly by killers who look like they can’t secure kills otherwise. Like 3-4 gens have been finished before they knock down one person. 
  • AshleyWB
    Options
    Insidious needs to be adjusted where it only returns terror radius to normal after a few seconds rather than on movement. Killers should try to be more creative with this perk it can work wonders.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

IMO Insidious is a cancer perk because most if not all killers will use it to sit by a hook. It encourages ######### playstyles.

Also no good survivor falls for Insidious. Every killer makes a distinct breathing noise and there are no actual good hiding spots where you can't be seen from a different angle. I mean if I can tell a Wraith is standing somewhere invisible, or if I can hear the Pig walking around crouched, what chance do you think any other killer has of being stealthy?

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 984
    Options
    The only real use for insidious is securing a second hook and countering BT.
  • Immersed_P3_Nea
    Immersed_P3_Nea Member Posts: 49
    Options
    At least @RemoveSWF is consistent in their desires. 

I see Insidious used mostly by killers who look like they can’t secure kills otherwise. Like 3-4 gens have been finished before they knock down one person. 

• Immersed_P3_Nea
    Immersed_P3_Nea Member Posts: 49
    Options

IMO Insidious is a cancer perk because most if not all killers will use it to sit by a hook. It encourages ######### playstyles.

Also no good survivor falls for Insidious. Every killer makes a distinct breathing noise and there are no actual good hiding spots where you can't be seen from a different angle. I mean if I can tell a Wraith is standing somewhere invisible, or if I can hear the Pig walking around crouched, what chance do you think any other killer has of being stealthy?

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    Options

Nurse with Insidious. Took everyone by surprise and ended with a 3k + hatch. Was absolutely unexpected to have them camp the 2nd hooked person. Normally a Nurse "Camp" means instantly back to the hook with Blink(s). This time though... that Insidious. Lot of lulz in post-game though.

Only other time Insidious really got me was again a Nurse, but this time she was camped behind the exit gate. When it was powered it turned into a #########? moment.

I've had a few matches where people Insidious'd well, but you can always see them if you scout a bit. A few games where they camped an item knocked out with Franklin's, a few where multiple gens were together in view of a common center, and once I had an Insidious Doctor who was BP farming and just enjoying jumping out of corners and odd places where he had been hiding. Some interesting attempts with it, but if you're paying attention you can usually figure it out before something happens.

• temperedreason
    temperedreason Member Posts: 10
    Options
    RemoveSWF said:

Hiding behind the doors on Rancid Abattoir is a good one.

Unfortunately this is another perk (like Knock Out) rendered completely useless by the SWF cancer.

SWF must be immediately removed from this game.

Um.  Are you high?  SWF “cancer” is what keeps people playing.  Sure some additional touches like hiding killer perks and add-on information from the results screen might make it more fair, but you should be thankful that people consider DBD a friend-group multiplayer game and is likely the reason playersship on survivor is anywhere near it is.
  • temperedreason
    Options
    RemoveSWF said:

@temperedreason said:
    RemoveSWF said:

Unfortunately this is another perk (like Knock Out) rendered completely useless by the SWF cancer.

Um.  Are you high?  SWF “cancer” is what keeps people playing.  Sure some additional touches like hiding killer perks and add-on information from the results screen might make it more fair, but you should be thankful that people consider DBD a friend-group multiplayer game and is likely the reason playersship on survivor is anywhere near it is.

Cancer detected.

Killer-main whining and boo-hooing detected.
  • temperedreason
    Options
    RemoveSWF said:

@temperedreason said:
    RemoveSWF said:

Cancer detected.

For the record, I play killer too.
  • Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    Options

When a third-party application can completely negate Perks, unique Killer Powers, and provide multiple free Perks to a group of Survivors, yes it needs to go away.

But that's not the topic at hand, Insidious is, and I would like to see what others use it to do since I've never used it myself. Might try it out if there's enough things to do with it as I won't camp hooks.

• AshleyWB
    Options
    I'm pretty sure 80% of players play on thier own. I might be slightly out but SWF is not good for the game without balance.