Thrilling Tremors

Options

Why does this perk have even have a cooldown when a similar generator perk Pop Goes the Weasel doesn't? Just remove the cooldown.

Comments

• jsphwtsn
    jsphwtsn Member Posts: 79
    Options

If the perk had no cooldown, killers could repeatedly pick up survivors and drop them to disable gens and figure out which gens are being worked on.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Options

Agreed pop cannot be spammed but if this one had 0 cool down killers are gonna slug and dribble alot to lock them out

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

@jsphwtsn

You do know you could only do that three times.

Without severely wasting your own time is the survivors just going to get off your shoulder.

Also why the hell are you wasting your time dropping a survivor repeatedly whilst other people are doing gens and you would still have to hook the survivor in question anyway.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

I think its cooldown should be reset after hooking a survivor.

So no pickup + drop abuse, but also no unnecessary cooldown when you're hooking people fast.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Exactly, 1 hook = 1 use. It punishes you for being efficient because if you down someone in under 60 seconds your perk just doesn't work.

It's a really bland effect anyway, just a cop out of not putting in another aura reveal.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited June 2019
    Options

Cooldown for this pers should be at 30 seconds. It takes a killer roughly 20-30 seconds to chase and down a survivor, and sometimes 5+ seconds to hook said survivor. At a 60 second cooldown that's potentially 2 downs but only 1 activation. For a perk that's supposed to slow down the game and provide information on where survivors are working on gens, it doesn't do much for the former, and mostly is only used for the latter. If it also started regression on every gen that gets locked down, then a 60 second cooldown would be justified because 16 seconds of regression is roughly 23% of a gens progress gone that can't be interrupted (so remember to kick gens before you pick up the downed survivor). As it is right now its mostly just an information gathering tool and a mild inconvenience for survivors that doesn't slow down the ones currently working on gens in any way. Having a 60 second cooldown on a perk, that's only mildly useful as an information gathering tool, is just dumb due to the lack of consistency and ability to slow down the game.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

To my knowledge, this is incorrect. One second of gen regression is equal to about one-fourth of a second of Survivor repairs. So over 16 seconds it would regress 4 seconds of progress, or 5 percent.

https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Generators

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    Options

Damn yeah that's incorrect, my bad. For some reason i had it in my head that it takes 70 seconds to regress a generator 100%, but according to the wiki, 70 seconds is only 25% of regression, and it takes a maximum of 320 second to fully regress a gen. That ridiculous, i had thought that kicking gens was more efficient than that.